MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Graphicstock.com ?? Are they hole in boat of microstock market?  (Read 5529 times)

« on: November 30, 2015, 00:51 »
Hi,

I just saw that they are giving 1 year unlimited downloads at a very cheap price...

This is what written at their website:
"Black Friday Sale! Just $49 for 1st Year of Unlimited Downloads"

Unlimited Downloads
You will have unlimited access to the entire archive, including vectors and photos! There are no download caps, so you may download and use as much as you want.

No Additional Fees
All images provided on GraphicStock.com come with the right to use them royalty free in all types of projects. There are absolutely no additional fees beyond the subscription cost.

Yours Forever
You can cancel your subscription at any time. There are no long term contracts. Everything you download is yours to keep and use forever, royalty free.

This is so strange, I wanted to know how are contributors earning here? What license are they giving? Is this really profitable.?

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 01:20 »
Thanks Ann for those links.

For Black Friday they are providing a SALE of unlimited downloads at $49 for 1 year.
i.e. 300,000 images at $49
i.e. 1 image at $0.000163

they are destroying the whole market..

Justanotherphotographer

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 01:48 »
+9
Yes they are anf it is the fault of anyone that gave them their work.

FlowerPower

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 17:42 »

Sale out for $15 and make the race to the bottom greased with cheap photos. I'd sell out my pohotos that don't sell anyplace else. Take the money. $49 unlimited for 1 year and then some person comes from them and claims they have dialy limit. It says no limit. Lies on top of lies.

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 09:52 »
+1

Sale out for $15 and make the race to the bottom greased with cheap photos. I'd sell out my pohotos that don't sell anyplace else. Take the money. $49 unlimited for 1 year and then some person comes from them and claims they have dialy limit. It says no limit. Lies on top of lies.

This is what they are saying.. unlimited download with no caps.... I doubt their business model.. for everyone, I recommend not to upload in them.. as we are the ones who created this market and now we are giving hands to destroy it.

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 10:42 »
+2
And they have quite good images not just the very amateurish stuff. Who is that stupid who contrubites there???? No copyright credit so I can't see.

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 11:20 »
they company behind also runs videoblocks and audioblocks. and they buy most of the content (resell license).

here is a short report:

Today Hollands company, Video Blocks, is a leading online stock footage vendor with projected 2013 revenues between $12 million and $15 million, double last years total. Based in Reston, Virginia, Video Blocks hires freelance videographers to shoot original clips that the company owns. The company also buys nonexclusive rights to existing video content, and operates a studio where it shoots original material.

"Everybody else is trying to sell by the drink," says Carter Griffin of Updata Partners, a Washington, D.C.-based venture capital firm that invested $10 million in Video Blocks at the end of 2011. "Joel has a different and better business model."

So they have a lot of money to buy resell rights and to produce new stuff.

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 13:30 »
+1
I came upon StockPhotosforFree.com today. One more oddball wrinkle in the move to give away imagery.

This site is mostly populated in screen grabs from videos from VideoBlocks. They say they hope to generate interest for VideoBlocks this way...

They also say "But we are continually adding new photos to the website, including super high resolution shots from professional photographers. And even these will be completely free. So check back often!" I didn't see anything other than images with the tag "This photo was pulled from a video clip. Click here to view this video on VideoBlocks.com."

And they have lots of come-ons for GraphicStock too: "Ready to try GraphicStock.com for FREE? Over 250,000 graphics, vectors, icons & more!"

So photos & illustrations are now the free gift in the cereal box to the folks behind VideoBlocks and GraphicStock - lovely :(