MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Clip Numbers Versus Income :Your Numbers Please  (Read 50297 times)

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2016, 10:23 »
+3
1700 clips on P5, avg 80/month

Most of my clips are travel related.

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2016, 10:54 »
+2
Exclusive 4600 clips - on average $2100 a month.
I'm just about to go non-exclusive and I'm a little surprised by some of the low amounts?
I only do video stock - I have no photo's in my portfolio.

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2016, 16:12 »
+2
Exclusive 4600 clips - on average $2100 a month.
I'm just about to go non-exclusive and I'm a little surprised by some of the low amounts?
I only do video stock - I have no photo's in my portfolio.

You would be in the top 1%. Most people are struggling. Photographers think video is easy, but it's not.

« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2016, 18:19 »
+1
I don't think it's easy - that's why I keep mine very simple.

I averaged about $1/clip/month during 2015.  Which I was quite pleased with, given how simple mine are.

alno

« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2016, 09:42 »

I averaged about $1/clip/month during 2015.  Which I was quite pleased with, given how simple mine are.

What is approximate lifetime on sites of the clips sold in 2015?

« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2016, 12:19 »

What is approximate lifetime on sites of the clips sold in 2015?

Do you mean how long did it take before they sold?

I don't think I can answer that, I don't keep records that detailed;  but I started uploading video towards the end of 2011, and on average I've only uploaded a couple per month - I don't do a lot.

Of the more recently uploaded, I see it taking 6 - 9 months before any sold - in fact only 5 of those uploaded in 2015 have sold so far, but some of the older ones sold multiple times during the year.  As with photos, if they happen to catch on, they can do quite well.  It's a long game, you don't get quick returns, but in my case at least it has just about made up for the decline in photo sales over the same period.

And it's fun...  don't forget to enjoy it...

« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2016, 13:42 »
+1
1800+ clips. About $6000/month.

« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2016, 15:06 »

If these stats were true what would motivate you to broadcast them, it doesn't make any sense, therefore I'm very skeptical

« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2016, 15:24 »
+2
 Those stats could be true, I have seen ports like that.

fritz

• I love Tom and Jerry music

« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2016, 15:46 »

What port? I see no link

« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2016, 16:18 »
+6

If these stats were true what would motivate you to broadcast them, it doesn't make any sense, therefore I'm very skeptical

There's definitely people that make that or better. It's possible to make money at stock, but it it takes a lot of work. If you think you can make that kind of money by just shooting stuff in your backyard, it's not going to happen. But if you work hard and try to improve on every shoot, it's possible. Too many people fill their portfolio with a ton of average footage. I don't upload average stuff, every video that I upload, I have done my best to make sure it's the best I could possibly make it and then try to figure out how I can make my next shoot even better.

« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2016, 16:38 »
+4
I make a living at stock video but it isn't easy! Love it and no I am not posting my numbers.

« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2016, 18:28 »

Wow.. that's Awesome!
Beginner here, would love to see a link to your portfolio if you are willing to share...
I'll love to learn what sells and why,  :D
Improve myself gradually...
I know it will take a while to see any level of success but i'm willing to work at this and get better with each shoot and each upload.

Rose Tinted Glasses

« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2016, 18:30 »
+2

There's definitely people that make that or better. It's possible to make money at stock, but it it takes a lot of work. If you think you can make that kind of money by just shooting stuff in your backyard, it's not going to happen. But if you work hard and try to improve on every shoot, it's possible. Too many people fill their portfolio with a ton of average footage. I don't upload average stuff, every video that I upload, I have done my best to make sure it's the best I could possibly make it and then try to figure out how I can make my next shoot even better.

That is just common sense. Unfortunately most people do not quite understand this.

« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2016, 05:46 »

That is just common sense. Unfortunately most people do not quite understand this.

well said

« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2016, 13:23 »
+1
WOOOHHOOO! ;D
New Milestone ....First 4k Clip sold... It's an animated clip though since I don't have a 4k camera.
It sold on Videoblocks, and i get taxed 30% but that's still $134 for me.
Takes me up $200 from 80 clips so far this month.
(2 HD at $33 each and one 4k at $134)
Even if it"s just beginner's luck, it's encouraged me to keep at it.
My target is 500 quality clips by June with an average for $500 monthly...

Just sharing this to encourage others same way i was encouraged when I decided to start this in December.

« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2016, 17:08 »
CRAP! :'( :'(

Just got this...

Hello,

We're reaching out concerning your content which was purchased on February 17th, 2016.

These purchases were due to fraudulent activity on the website. We will be issuing refunds for the fraudulent purchases to return the funds to the card holder and these clips will be removed from your sales history. This account and associated information has been blocked permanently.

Our team has made cutting out refunds a top priority, and well continue to work to reduce any confusion about purchases or fraud on our site. Customer and contributor satisfaction is at the core of what we stand for at VideoBlocks and we will continue reduce any instances of refunds in the future. Thanks for your understanding.

If you have further questions or would like to talk more about this instance, please feel free to respond to this email or give us a call at +1-888-802-7316.

Thanks,
- The VideoBlocks Team

« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2016, 19:45 »

Just got this...

Hello,

We're reaching out concerning your content which was purchased on February 17th, 2016.

These purchases were due to fraudulent activity on the website. We will be issuing refunds for the fraudulent purchases to return the funds to the card holder and these clips will be removed from your sales history. This account and associated information has been blocked permanently.

Our team has made cutting out refunds a top priority, and well continue to work to reduce any confusion about purchases or fraud on our site. Customer and contributor satisfaction is at the core of what we stand for at VideoBlocks and we will continue reduce any instances of refunds in the future. Thanks for your understanding.

If you have further questions or would like to talk more about this instance, please feel free to respond to this email or give us a call at +1-888-802-7316.

Thanks,
- The VideoBlocks Team

Sorry to here that!
I just don't understand the fraudulent credit card refunds.
Who in there right mind would steal a credit card to then buy stock footage of all things???
Am I missing something? Or is it just an excuse from the stock agencies?

« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2016, 00:52 »
Don't count on VB sales as a sale until they clear.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 04:07 by pkphotos »

« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2016, 01:37 »

Sorry to here that!
I just don't understand the fraudulent credit card refunds.
Who in there right mind would steal a credit card to then buy stock footage of all things???
Am I missing something? Or is it just an excuse from the stock agencies?
Thanks
My initial thoughts exactly especially since basically the exact same clip sold in HD the day before, I suspected it was the same person who bought a 4k version, downloaded and then claimed a missing credit card to get a refund.
Why indeed steal a credit card and buy stock footage? Seems like a really weird choice

But VideoBlocks insists otherwise, so we grudgingly accept  :) :)

They are in control, for all you know, you could be selling a lot more clips and only a few get reported back to you  ;D
The issue of refunds for intangible products is a very dicey one

So fingers crossed... I hope it's the exception and keep moving on.

« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2016, 01:39 »
Don't count on VB sales and a sale until they clear.
Seems like a great assessment 
Will do
:)

alno

« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2016, 05:57 »

Just got this...

Hello,

Thanks,
- The VideoBlocks Team

It seems to be an excellent business to buy a big bunch of 4k clips then make a refund. Once you have you money back you still have the clips as well :)

SpaceStockFootage

• Space, Sci-Fi and Astronomy Related Stock Footage

« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2016, 06:57 »
+2
Averages for the last three months or so...

Artbeats Express: $30 - 20 clips
SS: $50 - 20 clips
iS: $20 - 20 clips
ME: $15 - 20 clips
P5: $125 - 175 clips
VideoHive Non-Exclusive: $250 - 40 clips
VideoHive Exclusive: $850 - 267 clips

Just had a bunch of clips approved on VB so hoping I might get some action there. The majority of my stuff is motion graphics though, rather than footage, just so you know.

« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2016, 08:16 »
Averages for the last three months or so...

Artbeats Express: $30 - 20 clips
SS: $50 - 20 clips
iS: $20 - 20 clips
ME: $15 - 20 clips
P5: $125 - 175 clips
VideoHive Non-Exclusive: $250 - 40 clips
VideoHive Exclusive: $850 - 267 clips

Just had a bunch of clips approved on VB so hoping I might get some action there. The majority of my stuff is motion graphics though, rather than footage, just so you know.

VB completely dead for me. Not a sale in 3 months going on 4 with about 1,000 videos.

« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2016, 09:51 »

Just got this...

Hello,

Thanks,
- The VideoBlocks Team

It seems to be an excellent business to buy a big bunch of 4k clips then make a refund. Once you have you money back you still have the clips as well :)

That would be considered stealing and if a business was caught doing that, I would guess they would be sued. I think that most business and people are honest enough not to do that and if they're not honest, they would fear being caught enough to not try it.

You could just as easily say that it seems to be an excellent business to rob convenient stores and banks.