pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: 723,027 new images added this week!  (Read 24429 times)

Rinderart

« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2016, 20:46 »
+2
801,000 added this last week.

« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2016, 23:29 »
+1
Wont people get bored of uploading if they don't make much money?  I would of thought that would of happened already.

No, they freak out and double their production and upload twice as much just to make half as much.
True nature of crowdsourcing. People that can make money elsewhere will stop producing just for microsuck...  ;D

« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2016, 23:41 »
+1
Another interesting theme it's the spamming and flowing of millions photos in the last year from ukraine and russia. i was in ukraine many times and

-it's cheap production...every girl is beautiful with a good attitude towards camera, you can pay her 20 euro and she's happy with the photos....theme are simple don't cost nothing...you can have assistant and other workers for 200 dollar month...studio run so cheap.
- cost of life is ridiculous,. with 800 dollar you can live a life you can dream in new york with 3000 dollar....

the 2 point make for thousand and thousand of people becoming photographer in a second, pouring zillion of similar concepts saturating everything.

So, what's the problem here? Are you complaining because someone else can do a better job for less money with a lower cost of living? How the heck is that THEIR problem?
The nature of this industry is that cameras are everywhere. People willing to do the work are everywhere. Some places will have competitive advantages over wher you happen to be. Welcome to globalization. Don't like it? Get out of the industry and start up your own niche.

« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2016, 00:17 »
Wont people get bored of uploading if they don't make much money?  I would of thought that would of happened already.

No, they freak out and double their production and upload twice as much just to make half as much.
True nature of crowdsourcing. People that can make money elsewhere will stop producing just for microsuck...  ;D

Not me.  I stopped uploading mon the ago. I got a lot better things to do with my life then kill myself trying to just slow down my income losses.

« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2016, 03:49 »
+2
It really makes me wonder how people even find my images to buy.  I'm guessing when you have been at this for a lot of years you end up with quite a few buyers bookmarking your port.

« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2016, 04:40 »
+5
There must be a heavy bias in the search for old images because they sell much better than new ones.  If they ever put the new images at the top of the search, there will be no way to make money there.

jonbull

This user is banned.
« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2016, 06:08 »
+2
Another interesting theme it's the spamming and flowing of millions photos in the last year from ukraine and russia. i was in ukraine many times and

-it's cheap production...every girl is beautiful with a good attitude towards camera, you can pay her 20 euro and she's happy with the photos....theme are simple don't cost nothing...you can have assistant and other workers for 200 dollar month...studio run so cheap.
- cost of life is ridiculous,. with 800 dollar you can live a life you can dream in new york with 3000 dollar....

the 2 point make for thousand and thousand of people becoming photographer in a second, pouring zillion of similar concepts saturating everything.

So, what's the problem here? Are you complaining because someone else can do a better job for less money with a lower cost of living? How the heck is that THEIR problem?
The nature of this industry is that cameras are everywhere. People willing to do the work are everywhere. Some places will have competitive advantages over wher you happen to be. Welcome to globalization. Don't like it? Get out of the industry and start up your own niche.

i like it that's why i live mostly in kiev:)
maybe you don't understand the point...but the truth is that ukraine photographer are spamming the agency with thousand and thousand of photos....like thai china and some other countries...mostly mediocre or repetitive job.
and for me the only wayy to live with micro stock is go where life is cheap...who is earning 5 6k per month with microstck? apart 10 20 big old producer with 15k images at least...nobody..99% earn from 0 to some hundred dollar...microstock is not any more a job, is a hobby. and this is reflected in the quality of the photos uploaded in the agency. ss added 800000 garbage photos every week because:

- come from new photographer
-help raise th perception in stockholders the industry is working
- they try to sell new images of new photog cause they have little portfolio and their payout will , if it will be, very low.

PZF

« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2016, 08:08 »
"...Oh I wish it wasn't Christmas every day-ay-ay-ay!"

What do you mean, it isn't Christmas any more? :o

« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2016, 09:11 »
+1
until they have a professional sorting system for all that content, I have more or less given up on them. I am surprised I have sales at all, but my focus is sites where I can get at least 5 dollars or something for the download.

It takes longer to build a portfolio in macrostock, but  I cannot outshoot the flood, only the stock factories will survive.

« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2016, 13:15 »
+1
There must be a heavy bias in the search for old images because they sell much better than new ones.  If they ever put the new images at the top of the search, there will be no way to make money there.

I thought the problem was new images pushing off the old images. That's what people write?

I think new get front page until they prove downloads, views, or move to the back. I can see my most downloaded pictures are on front pages. Old or new. Photos get ranked and survive on their own, not some fake sort like some people claim. Of course, mine should all be first page because I'm the best. Everybody wants theirs on first page. It can't be,

They blame the search for being flawed, or special people get better places and that old images are being pushed back, or new images can't get traction and fail. Good photos will get ranked where they deserve to be, in time.

« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2016, 13:26 »
+2

I thought the problem was new images pushing off the old images. That's what people write?

I think new get front page until they prove downloads, views, or move to the back. I can see my most downloaded pictures are on front pages. Old or new. Photos get ranked and survive on their own, not some fake sort like some people claim. Of course, mine should all be first page because I'm the best. Everybody wants theirs on first page. It can't be,

They blame the search for being flawed, or special people get better places and that old images are being pushed back, or new images can't get traction and fail. Good photos will get ranked where they deserve to be, in time.

spot on both commentors !!! 8)
when sean locke said in the other thread of "1 good image or 1000 bad image" making money for you, he is not wrong. 

but this only works with ss, as a top seller will always be a top seller because as you both say, it is given top rank and first page view.   in my own case too, this is right. my top seller sells all the time, it is more or less my rescue boat in a month of low single large 28,80,102 sales.

with dt etc, this is not so, as they i think keep changing search placement until even your best seller dies from either being top rank and too expensive or just outrank by ppl who write blogs with dt...
as i remember they say that writing blogs on dt grant you favourable placement on search.
LOL, what has that to do with quality of your image  8)

at least in this case, ss is still the only one we can count on.

« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2016, 13:30 »
+1
and in reply to new images flooding ...
yes, although new images flood your work, ...
your new images also is visible to everyone.

and if your new images get dl on the first sighting, and continue to be dl-ed...
you can be sure that is going to be your next regular seller as it is given front page top view.

again, only works with ss. 

so, love or hate ss, at least, it is working in our favour if we keep producing buyable images regularly.
flooding the site does not work, as you see with mr. marijuana. he only makes money from free advertising  ;)

« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2016, 14:11 »
+3
new images need time to get traction and establish themselves. i still notice images emerge after a period of time. its also still possible to get bestsellers. and although some images have dropped off as most popular they still sell daily. some are still going after 3 years

« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2016, 14:33 »
new images need time to get traction and establish themselves. i still notice images emerge after a period of time. its also still possible to get bestsellers. and although some images have dropped off as most popular they still sell daily. some are still going after 3 years

yes, i see the same too. i think the new emergence come from undiscovered . it is good because it shows that ss is still working hard to churn some of the inactive images in our portfolio,
unlike dt that just keeps bugging you with no sale for 3 yrs emails which i think is absurd.
it is dt which is creating this no sales by not doing anything to improve sales ...
no surprise their placement on the right column here keeps sinking like a stone.

ss OTOH keeps finding ways to get you sales, even though the big ones seems to be absent...
but i keep optimism because ss is the only one we have.

Hongover

« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2016, 17:25 »
+1
People shouldn't worry about how many images are being added. It's something people can't control. We're all contributors and we're all submitting images, so we're all part of it.

Worry about what we can control, our own images, and our own portfolios. Even with the new images added, I haven't seen any dilution in sales. If the SS search engine is Eye of Sauron, then your images need to be one ring to rule them all.

« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2016, 21:18 »
+5
People shouldn't worry about how many images are being added. It's something people can't control. We're all contributors and we're all submitting images, so we're all part of it.

Worry about what we can control, our own images, and our own portfolios. Even with the new images added, I haven't seen any dilution in sales. If the SS search engine is Eye of Sauron, then your images need to be one ring to rule them all.

Hmmm.  In the end, the One Ring was thrown into Sauron's huge volcanic inferno and destroyed...

« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2016, 23:56 »
... I cannot outshoot the flood, only the stock factories will survive.

I stopped uploading photos and switched to videos.
I am really happy with the results! :)

« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2016, 06:10 »
+6

That will just encourage more people to switch to video and then we have the same problem :)

jonbull

This user is banned.
« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2016, 07:12 »

what i see is the i earn always the same in ss....i uploaded till the 2010 and then nothing more, just some hundred per year....I have now thousand of photos that i left in my hard disk, i focus more in other photography than stock...i travel a lot and accumulate more than 2000000 thousand photos in the last year.
In the last month i decided to reebgin uploading. in the last 5 years even not uploading i always have the same earning...my portfolio is 2000 file now travel and editorial mostly. what i noticed is that i still keep selling the same images. some have more than 800 download. all the newest photos from 2013 have 0,5% of all sales...and they are good images, from travel mostly.
i have the impression that the images i uploaded when there were not millions in the agency, have now a solid position in search engine, and they are chosen while the new one simply go down the sink of the zillions of images,m without any possibility of being found.

« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2016, 07:43 »
It's Easy Jet and Ryan Air legacy all over...cheap, cheaper, the cheapest EVERYTHING.
Only big bosses live well.  8)

Rinderart

« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2016, 20:21 »

That will just encourage more people to switch to video and then we have the same problem :)

Were already there.

Were at 810,000 Images this week.

« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2016, 22:49 »

Were already there.

Were at 810,000 Images this week.

Wow, that number is mind blowing!!!

« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2016, 00:05 »

and how are the results... and port :)

« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2016, 11:48 »
+1
I wouldn't worry about it too much, remember our friend here:

http://www.shutterstock.com/portfolio/search.mhtml?gallery_id=1256674&gallery_landing=1&page=1&safesearch=1&sort_method=newest

I try to keep my portfolio fresh and diversify as much as I can.

This guy is working hard, adding fresh stuff every single day  ;)

The real hard worker, I have seen in lifetime.. Now I expect number to grow from 700k to 1.4M per week.

I wish I knew how much he's making.
I'd need to be stuffed full of the weed to keep motivated for what I assume are modest returns. BWDIK? Maybe that's what I should have been doing all along.  ;D

i must be lucky also with this guy around 4/5 marijuana pictures of mine are still in first SS page ahahhaahah

« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2016, 18:46 »
I wouldn't worry about it too much, remember our friend here:

http://www.shutterstock.com/portfolio/search.mhtml?gallery_id=1256674&gallery_landing=1&page=1&safesearch=1&sort_method=newest

I try to keep my portfolio fresh and diversify as much as I can.

This guy is working hard, adding fresh stuff every single day  ;)

The real hard worker, I have seen in lifetime.. Now I expect number to grow from 700k to 1.4M per week.

I wish I knew how much he's making.
I'd need to be stuffed full of the weed to keep motivated for what I assume are modest returns. BWDIK? Maybe that's what I should have been doing all along.  ;D

i must be lucky also with this guy around 4/5 marijuana pictures of mine are still in first SS page ahahhaahah

LOL, i guess we all have to get hold of a stash of marijuana and flood the "stock market"
if we want to survive in this microstock business.
only that if i do get to buy some marijuana and put them in my portfolio,
i will have the cops bulldozing down my property for possession of illegal substance 8)

and all that just to make 38 cts 8)
do you think it's worth it getting myself on a WANTED poster :'(