MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Has Yuri shut down his site?  (Read 21284 times)

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2016, 11:41 »
There is a new keywording tool included in Pixendr app for android. Since it is in beta, you can test it from here https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.app.pixendr
Is fully functional, support upload of pictures from dropbox to 8 agencies at once. And the best of all, is free!

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2016, 15:55 »
+4
That's really not good at all. I've been using his keywording site for ages and it was very very convenient.

There are lots of alternatives. One example, http://microstockgroup.com/tools/keyword.php

Thanks! :) I know this one. But Yuri website had this huge advantage that he showed how popular are given keywords and also how much searched. This was very useful.

Yea I liked Yuri's better, but the MSG one is close enough that I'll manage.

I just wish it would put the key words in alphabetical order.

The order of the words isn't by chance.  They are ordered by how often they are used in the set of images you chose... so supposedly the most important ones are first.  Some sites want the most important words first.  If you want to sort the chosen keywords alphabetically you can press the little A button on the right side.

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2016, 18:26 »
+5
Maybe Yuri figured out helping his competition keyword was not a genius move?

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2016, 00:26 »
That's really not good at all. I've been using his keywording site for ages and it was very very convenient.

There are lots of alternatives. One example, http://microstockgroup.com/tools/keyword.php

Thanks! :) I know this one. But Yuri website had this huge advantage that he showed how popular are given keywords and also how much searched. This was very useful.

The order of the words isn't by chance.  They are ordered by how often they are used in the set of images you chose... so supposedly the most important ones are first.  Some sites want the most important words first.  If you want to sort the chosen keywords alphabetically you can press the little A button on the right side.

I press the little A button and don't get good results.  See my screen shots for the two options it gives me.

The first one is sorted with "Fiat" at the front.  The second one sorts "Italy" to the front.  Definitely not alphabetical.  So it's broken, at best. 

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2016, 06:56 »
+1

I press the little A button and don't get good results.  See my screen shots for the two options it gives me.

The first one is sorted with "Fiat" at the front.  The second one sorts "Italy" to the front.  Definitely not alphabetical.  So it's broken, at best. 

You may have noticed that it was sorting correctly but sorting capital words first.  The second example is with the alphabetic sorting turned off.  In which case it first prioritizes the words you added manually, then adds the words that you select from the left side - this isn't broken and is working like it should.

I have fixed the bias given to capitals so not it sorts correctly irregardless of capital letter or not.

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2016, 23:58 »

You may have noticed that it was sorting correctly but sorting capital words first.  The second example is with the alphabetic sorting turned off.  In which case it first prioritizes the words you added manually, then adds the words that you select from the left side - this isn't broken and is working like it should.

I have fixed the bias given to capitals so not it sorts correctly irregardless of capital letter or not.

"working as it should" and "working as helpful to the users" are two different things.

I do appreciate the update to the tool, though.  Thanks!

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2016, 21:31 »
looks like Yuri's site is back up.

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2016, 09:34 »
looks like Yuri's site is back up.

Yay! It's back. It doesn't look like anything has changed. Anyone knows what happened?

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2016, 23:48 »
I have noticed that more keywords is not better especially with Fotolia. Fewer seems easier to manage when uploading to sites. So keywords should be easy to come up with by looking at your photo.