MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Yaymicro - is it alive?  (Read 7249 times)

« on: December 25, 2015, 09:51 »
Hi,

how are your sales on yaymicro? I did start here some time ago but the results were discouraging so I stopped using it but from time to time I check. Last buy was from April. How is it going here?

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 10:24 »
+2
2404 (mainly editorial) files:

2015 - 0.68 euro (back in February)
2014 - 2.75 euro

Last direct sale on the Yay site (rather than a partner site) - February 2014

To quote from the original Star Trek series: "It's life Jim, but not as we know it".

It's a real shame because Yay once showed a lot of promise and I used to get payouts. It all went wrong around the start of 2013 -when I understand that Google made changes to search results, though I have no evidence that this was the reason for my decline there. Maybe it's just editorial that doesn't sell well on Yay (not helped by excluding it from their partner deals). The memory of what they once were for me and the fact that CEO Linda has always been prompt and friendly in personally dealing with any issue, has kept me uploading, but I will certainly be reviewing them in the New Year. Regards, David

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 10:48 »
+2
To quote from the original Star Trek series: "It's life Jim, but not as we know it".

Omg brilliant, just brilliant. :)

But yes, it's quite sad. YM was always so very nice, easy upload, the best user experience for a stock website ever. I wonder what went wrong...

Chichikov

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 10:49 »
+1
Let them go, they don't deserve your precious time

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 17:04 »
+2
last sale January 31 used to get the rare odd sale......its so easy to upload I carry on clinging to some kind of irrational hope........

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 16:33 »
I wonder if some of these sites died, and just never bothered to tell anyone.

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2015, 19:16 »
Yaymicro, i am not sure, was this site alive ever? born? were sales in which year -2009?

Chichikov

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 02:26 »
+2
Yaymicro, i am not sure, was this site alive ever? born? were sales in which year -2009?
They are alive because they are thieves
A lot of contributors never arrive to get a payout, and Yaymicro keep the money

Justanotherphotographer

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 05:08 »
Used to get a few sales way back. Dead for many years now.

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2015, 02:19 »
I wonder if some of these sites died, and just never bothered to tell anyone.

Haha I love this, zombie microstock websites! <B :)

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2015, 10:12 »
We are very much still alive. Though all of our efforts now are put into our subscription website, yayimages.com. Today we announced that we are shutting down yaymicro for customer sales. You can still access it as a photographer, upload images and request payouts. We hope to refurnish the photographer pages and relaunch them at a later stage.

The subscription site is getting good traction now, and as a contributor you should see sales picking up over the next months.

Of course, we are still a rather small agency, compared to the top earners. But we are not giving up! With yayimages.com we're ahead of our competitors when it comes to user experience, search and features. We will continue to work on that and are confident that our good customer experience will lead to more customers, which again generates more earnings to our contributors.

Great to hear that! :) All the best for the new website.
I'm not sure if I'm fit for the new website business model. If I decided to close the account will I be able to withdraw my revenue even though I didn't get the min 30 amount?

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2015, 13:38 »
+2
I also would like to close my account with Yay. I don't want to contribute to your subscription model. Please advise if I can cash out my earnings despite never making the threshold in several years as a Yay contributor.