MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Uploading to iStock Is About To Get Easier  (Read 13849 times)

« on: January 25, 2016, 16:52 »
+1
The tedious process of uploading images for consideration by iStock is about to get much easier. On February 7th  Kasper Ravlo will be launching a new tool called Q-hero (http://www.qhero.com/). The average time to submit a file for review will drop from over one minute per image to less than 1-2 seconds. Instead of being the slowest site for image submissions, iStock will become the fastest.

I asked Kasper to explain how Q-hero will work and published the information on Selling-Stock.com. You can access the story for free at this link: http://www.selling-stock.com/Article/uploading-to-istock-is-about-to-get-easier

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 17:53 »
+51
I would be more interested in a faster way to remove my images from istock :)

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 20:50 »
+8

Lol.

marthamarks

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 21:06 »
+2

Lol.

That was going to be my exact reaction, too. But you beat me to it!!!

LOLOLOLOL!

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 21:13 »
+7

That made me laugh.

But I couldn't have uploaded to istock without deep meta at least somewhat simplifying things, and any other improvements to the process would be welcome.

I did get my interest, so I read on:

A snippet from the article:
The beauty of this system is, that it will be free for the creator!
note the exclamation point

I can think of quite a few common spam 'projects' in microstockgroup disused as 'helpful tools' in the recent year that carry the same spirit. The article is written from a testimonial / interview perspective which is also a common marketing strategy right along side the 'story' approach, often used in selling 'helpful' products or systems to increasingly needful users in dying markets.

Think the increasing level of spammy 'community' and 'free!' but up-gradable products being tossed at the microstockers is probably a symptom of an industry really seeing its final days, at least in terms of dignity, sort of like a town with a dying economy that sees an increase in the sell your gold! or get a loan on your paycheck! stores. note the exclamation point

I think in some cases the novelty and toys they offer is a nice distraction from the grim reality that is surfacing.

What we need is the first 'fake viagara' of microstock to help your sales 'get it up' and plenty more testimonials and interviews.

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 00:15 »
+14
... less than 1-2 seconds. Instead of being the slowest site for image submissions, iStock will become the fastest.

This will push all marijuana spam ports into iStock within hours :D

B8

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 00:47 »
+9
The tedious process of uploading images for consideration by iStock is about to get much easier. On February 7th  Kasper Ravlo will be launching a new tool called Q-hero (http://www.qhero.com/). The average time to submit a file for review will drop from over one minute per image to less than 1-2 seconds. Instead of being the slowest site for image submissions, iStock will become the fastest.

I asked Kasper to explain how Q-hero will work and published the information on Selling-Stock.com. You can access the story for free at this link: http://www.selling-stock.com/Article/uploading-to-istock-is-about-to-get-easier

Does anyone even upload to iStock anymore? In recent months I have removed more images than I have added. This program is about 5 years too late.

We need a program that limits the amount of new uploads, makes the inspection and quality standards higher on iStock (as they used to be), get rid of subscription sales all together, make credit sales again based on size, not one price fits all, and stop racing to the bottom.

I have to stop here or the list will go on forever. But if they do those things I might actually have a need for a program like this again in the future.

ACS

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 01:44 »
+6
IS has been accepting almost everything to its collection in the last couple of years with no visible quality concern. And this tool will speed up this dilution process in the collection. But good for you. Lots of luck.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 09:37 by ACS »

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 19:17 »
+4
Can they add a function called Pay-hero where they put an extra two zeros behind every payment?

PhotoWorkout

• Wishing you good Light!
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2016, 21:40 »
+1
Do you have an indication what keywording and retouching an image is going to cost?

E.g. www.picworkflow.com [nofollow] costs like 20 Cent for keywords / image (just for keywording).

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2016, 02:17 »
+8
How is any automated disambiguation system going to work? The whole point of the system is that only a sentient being can determine for certain which  is the closest meaning to the intended one for each keyword, and much of the time there is no relevant term in the list of options.

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2016, 03:57 »
Can they add a function called Pay-hero where they put an extra two zeros behind every payment?
Lol. Seems they introduced a bot which will do refunds on accounts which just reached payout to keep money longer

authenticcreations

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2016, 04:54 »
+4
Maybe i am a little bit behind but is there not Deepmeta what makes everything already easier?

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2016, 05:07 »
A BIT easier but until they get rid of the ridiculous controlled vocabulary I think we are snookered

Benozaur

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2016, 05:52 »
+9
Do you have an indication what keywording and retouching an image is going to cost?

E.g. www.picworkflow.com costs like 20 Cent for keywords / image (just for keywording).

Please, for your own good, stay away from services like this. Do your own keywording and do your own retouching.
You are likely to loose more money than you make.

PZF

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2016, 03:20 »
Nice marketing....countdown to going live etc.

PZF

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2016, 07:54 »
Just upgraded Deep Meta due to the new Illustration ruling.
Seems we have now to put keywords in order of importance now. Tedious....and I wonder what happens to those from before......
More work......!
Anbody else?

Justanotherphotographer

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2016, 08:49 »
Illustration ruling?

PZF

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2016, 09:39 »
+1
There is now a tickbox for jpeg illustrations that needs to be indicated (bottom left, main screen). This is on the new version of Deep Meta, avaiable for download now.

Justanotherphotographer

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2016, 09:40 »
thanks!

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2016, 10:10 »
I've been patiently watching the countdown and it appears that it is finally live.

I really excited for how this may improve my workflow and help me catch up on my backlog of iStock submissions.

So far I haven't been able to upload files to the qhero site. It starts uploading, but then the window abruptly closes and the file never shows up. I know it just launched so they probably have some bugs to work out.

Has anyone else tried it yet?

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2016, 10:31 »

So far I haven't been able to upload files to the qhero site. It starts uploading, but then the window abruptly closes and the file never shows up. I know it just launched so they probably have some bugs to work out.

Has anyone else tried it yet?

Try using qhero in Internet Explorer/Edge, it doesn't appear to be working correctly in Google Chrome.

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2016, 14:23 »
is this official page or not?

PZF

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2016, 07:11 »
+4
Hmmm....not keen on sites where you have to login etc just to get to see basic info......
Herrumph.

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2016, 08:23 »
+1
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry for not getting back to you guys, but things have been a bit hectic after our launch. First of all I would suggest you guys view this promotional video we made. It shows some of the key features of qhero.com:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXCJQQoE4Vg

As you can see there are no option of removing images from iStock, but if your a serious istock contributor our features will speed up your workflow in ways not seen before. Bulk uploading and editing, auto-keyword suggestions, and soon auto disambiguation are just some of the great features we offer.

Qhero should work on all browsers, but if you experience problems just let us know through our feedback widget, and we will be right on it.

We are looking forward to hearing what you think!

All the best,

Kasper Ravlo, CEO of Qhero.com 

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2016, 14:07 »
Is Qhero a eventual money making service for the creators of the software? So far it appears this is the eventual goal.

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2016, 15:07 »
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry for not getting back to you guys, but things have been a bit hectic after our launch. First of all I would suggest you guys view this promotional video we made. It shows some of the key features of qhero.com:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXCJQQoE4Vg

As you can see there are no option of removing images from iStock, but if your a serious istock contributor our features will speed up your workflow in ways not seen before. Bulk uploading and editing, auto-keyword suggestions, and soon auto disambiguation are just some of the great features we offer.

Qhero should work on all browsers, but if you experience problems just let us know through our feedback widget, and we will be right on it.

We are looking forward to hearing what you think!

All the best,

Kasper Ravlo, CEO of Qhero.com

Can't get it to work on my Safari browser. It won't load an image.

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2016, 15:28 »
Can't get it to work on my Safari browser. It won't load an image.

That is strange. I just testet here on my laptop, and it works fine. I know it may seem  silly to ask, but is your browser up to date, cookies accepted etc.? There shouldn't be a problem.

/Kasper.

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2016, 16:15 »
+1
Safari Version 6.2.8 (8537.85.17.9.1)

OS X 10.8.5

It seems to work using Firefox.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 16:30 by rimglow »

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2016, 17:19 »
+1
Have been trying to use Qhero since day one of the launch and last time tried was today. Doesn't work on neither Chrome nor Microsoft Edge nor on Internet Explorer, all latest versions, cookies enabled, adblocker disabled, etc.

On Chrome the problem starts from the very beginning - I'm just not able to upload the pictures. Once I select them and click "Open", the Qhero upload window just disappears with no photos uploaded.

Edge and Explorer does upload the pictures, but I'm then stuck with connecting to iStock account, once all keywords, terms etc. have been added and completed. Once I fill in login and pass in a pop-up window, it just either disappears with no changes in the main window (Edge) , or stays open but blank (Explorer).

I have tried this already 5 or 6 times and unless I'm advised how to solve the issue, I will stop trying and use the old reliable DeepMeta app.

Thanks.

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2016, 09:16 »
Have been trying to use Qhero since day one of the launch and last time tried was today. Doesn't work on neither Chrome nor Microsoft Edge nor on Internet Explorer, all latest versions, cookies enabled, adblocker disabled, etc. On Chrome the problem starts from the very beginning - I'm just not able to upload the pictures. Once I select them and click "Open", the Qhero upload window just disappears with no photos uploaded. Edge and Explorer does upload the pictures, but I'm then stuck with connecting to iStock account, once all keywords, terms etc. have been added and completed. Once I fill in login and pass in a pop-up window, it just either disappears with no changes in the main window (Edge) , or stays open but blank (Explorer).I have tried this already 5 or 6 times and unless I'm advised how to solve the issue, I will stop trying and use the old reliable DeepMeta app.Thanks.

Hi there, we have been over and overthis, and can't reproduce your problem. I have copied your description into my developer-skype and he is going over it as we speak. It is very strange that you are experiencing this issue :( If you would provide your email address, we can maybe track why you specifically are experiencing this issue. My developer also asks which Chrome and Windows version you are using?

Best, Kasper.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 09:22 by Kasper Ravlo »

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2016, 05:58 »

Thanks for information, looks interesting, but I have a question. How can one specify whether the image is editorial or not? I watched the video, but it does not say anything about it and it seems like there is no tab or box where user can choose editorial option. Am I wrong? Does user also need to manually pick dates and enter places like in DeepMeta? Does your system support reading IPTC from the uploaded files?

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2016, 05:18 »

Thanks for information, looks interesting, but I have a question. How can one specify whether the image is editorial or not? I watched the video, but it does not say anything about it and it seems like there is no tab or box where user can choose editorial option. Am I wrong? Does user also need to manually pick dates and enter places like in DeepMeta? Does your system support reading IPTC from the uploaded files?

Dear Photodude,

We didn't feature the editorial function in the video because we didn't want the feature to be to long :) When the user chooses the last step (submit to istock) there is an option called "editorial submission". We are working on reading the IPTC data automatically, so all you need to do is click "editorial submission" and caption,  country and date is added automatically. If you would email me directly ([email protected]) we could discuss more specifically what it is you need to make editorial submission more painless. The automated feature is coming soon.

All the best,

Kasper.