pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Uploading to iStock Is About To Get Easier  (Read 13852 times)

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2016, 14:07 »
Is Qhero a eventual money making service for the creators of the software? So far it appears this is the eventual goal.

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2016, 15:07 »
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry for not getting back to you guys, but things have been a bit hectic after our launch. First of all I would suggest you guys view this promotional video we made. It shows some of the key features of qhero.com:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXCJQQoE4Vg

As you can see there are no option of removing images from iStock, but if your a serious istock contributor our features will speed up your workflow in ways not seen before. Bulk uploading and editing, auto-keyword suggestions, and soon auto disambiguation are just some of the great features we offer.

Qhero should work on all browsers, but if you experience problems just let us know through our feedback widget, and we will be right on it.

We are looking forward to hearing what you think!

All the best,

Kasper Ravlo, CEO of Qhero.com

Can't get it to work on my Safari browser. It won't load an image.

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2016, 15:28 »
Can't get it to work on my Safari browser. It won't load an image.

That is strange. I just testet here on my laptop, and it works fine. I know it may seem  silly to ask, but is your browser up to date, cookies accepted etc.? There shouldn't be a problem.

/Kasper.

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2016, 16:15 »
+1
Safari Version 6.2.8 (8537.85.17.9.1)

OS X 10.8.5

It seems to work using Firefox.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 16:30 by rimglow »

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2016, 17:19 »
+1
Have been trying to use Qhero since day one of the launch and last time tried was today. Doesn't work on neither Chrome nor Microsoft Edge nor on Internet Explorer, all latest versions, cookies enabled, adblocker disabled, etc.

On Chrome the problem starts from the very beginning - I'm just not able to upload the pictures. Once I select them and click "Open", the Qhero upload window just disappears with no photos uploaded.

Edge and Explorer does upload the pictures, but I'm then stuck with connecting to iStock account, once all keywords, terms etc. have been added and completed. Once I fill in login and pass in a pop-up window, it just either disappears with no changes in the main window (Edge) , or stays open but blank (Explorer).

I have tried this already 5 or 6 times and unless I'm advised how to solve the issue, I will stop trying and use the old reliable DeepMeta app.

Thanks.

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2016, 09:16 »
Have been trying to use Qhero since day one of the launch and last time tried was today. Doesn't work on neither Chrome nor Microsoft Edge nor on Internet Explorer, all latest versions, cookies enabled, adblocker disabled, etc. On Chrome the problem starts from the very beginning - I'm just not able to upload the pictures. Once I select them and click "Open", the Qhero upload window just disappears with no photos uploaded. Edge and Explorer does upload the pictures, but I'm then stuck with connecting to iStock account, once all keywords, terms etc. have been added and completed. Once I fill in login and pass in a pop-up window, it just either disappears with no changes in the main window (Edge) , or stays open but blank (Explorer).I have tried this already 5 or 6 times and unless I'm advised how to solve the issue, I will stop trying and use the old reliable DeepMeta app.Thanks.

Hi there, we have been over and overthis, and can't reproduce your problem. I have copied your description into my developer-skype and he is going over it as we speak. It is very strange that you are experiencing this issue :( If you would provide your email address, we can maybe track why you specifically are experiencing this issue. My developer also asks which Chrome and Windows version you are using?

Best, Kasper.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 09:22 by Kasper Ravlo »

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2016, 05:58 »
The tedious process of uploading images for consideration by iStock is about to get much easier. On February 7th  Kasper Ravlo will be launching a new tool called Q-hero (http://www.qhero.com/). The average time to submit a file for review will drop from over one minute per image to less than 1-2 seconds. Instead of being the slowest site for image submissions, iStock will become the fastest.

I asked Kasper to explain how Q-hero will work and published the information on Selling-Stock.com. You can access the story for free at this link: http://www.selling-stock.com/Article/uploading-to-istock-is-about-to-get-easier

Thanks for information, looks interesting, but I have a question. How can one specify whether the image is editorial or not? I watched the video, but it does not say anything about it and it seems like there is no tab or box where user can choose editorial option. Am I wrong? Does user also need to manually pick dates and enter places like in DeepMeta? Does your system support reading IPTC from the uploaded files?

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2016, 05:18 »
The tedious process of uploading images for consideration by iStock is about to get much easier. On February 7th  Kasper Ravlo will be launching a new tool called Q-hero (http://www.qhero.com/). The average time to submit a file for review will drop from over one minute per image to less than 1-2 seconds. Instead of being the slowest site for image submissions, iStock will become the fastest.

I asked Kasper to explain how Q-hero will work and published the information on Selling-Stock.com. You can access the story for free at this link: http://www.selling-stock.com/Article/uploading-to-istock-is-about-to-get-easier

Thanks for information, looks interesting, but I have a question. How can one specify whether the image is editorial or not? I watched the video, but it does not say anything about it and it seems like there is no tab or box where user can choose editorial option. Am I wrong? Does user also need to manually pick dates and enter places like in DeepMeta? Does your system support reading IPTC from the uploaded files?

Dear Photodude,

We didn't feature the editorial function in the video because we didn't want the feature to be to long :) When the user chooses the last step (submit to istock) there is an option called "editorial submission". We are working on reading the IPTC data automatically, so all you need to do is click "editorial submission" and caption,  country and date is added automatically. If you would email me directly ([email protected]) we could discuss more specifically what it is you need to make editorial submission more painless. The automated feature is coming soon.

All the best,

Kasper.