MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: 4K live on Adobe Stock  (Read 29328 times)

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2016, 14:31 »
+1
The new system that reads all IPTC data makes it really easy to upload files. Thank you very much! Also the acceptance speed is unbelievable.

Looking forward to the sales!

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2016, 14:59 »
+2
I always failed sending 4K video via FTP :(
I stopped uploading 4K ProRes files as the previews are not encoded properly. Instead you see strange artifacts at the first few frames.

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2016, 15:09 »
I stopped uploading 4K ProRes files as the previews are not encoded properly. Instead you see strange artifacts at the first few frames.

Same thing here.Someone reported that his 2160p prores clips are displaying properly, but mine are not, so i upload as mjpeg both 2160p and 2304p.Same applies for 1080p prores clips so it's not the resolution
The only thing left to ask since support hasn't got the slightest idea about how their site works is, are your prores clips encoded on a windows or on an apple machine?

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2016, 15:41 »

Same thing here.Someone reported that his 2160p prores clips are displaying properly, but mine are not, so i upload as mjpeg both 2160p and 2304p.Same applies for 1080p prores clips so it's not the resolution
The only thing left to ask since support hasn't got the slightest idea about how their site works is, are your prores clips encoded on a windows or on an apple machine?
Out of curiosity: Are you rendering the clips on a Mac or PC? Mine are rendered on a PC.

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2016, 16:14 »
+1
Pc as well.But that has been my workflow for all stock agencies for some time now plus production houses and broadcast and never was there a complaint or a qc fail.

« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2016, 17:29 »
+2
Does FT accept editorial video clips?

Also interested about this one. Mat, could you let us know if FT/Adobe Stock accepts editorial footage?

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2016, 17:38 »
If i was Mat and felt like cracking a joke (which people should do now and then) i would answer "Yes but only in prores 4K" .

stockVid

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2016, 18:42 »

I think you'll find the problem is because you encoded on a PC.

It is not possible to encode a 'true' ProRes on a PC.

I researched this for several weeks trying to upload ProRes to Getty. FFMPEG etc. are a problem. Although you may have limited success with very small files (less than 1GB).

I ended up getting a used MAC on ebay and have not had a problem since. Purchase 'Compressor' from the Apple Store ($49) and batch process all your files.

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2016, 18:52 »
Does FT accept editorial video clips?

Also interested about this one. Mat, could you let us know if FT/Adobe Stock accepts editorial footage?

No, I'm sorry but we do not accept editorial content at this time.

Kind regards,

Mat

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2016, 19:59 »

I researched this for several weeks trying to upload ProRes to Getty. FFMPEG etc. are a problem. Although you may have limited success with very small files (less than 1GB).

I ended up getting a used MAC on ebay and have not had a problem since. Purchase 'Compressor' from the Apple Store ($49) and batch process all your files.

This is not really true. I use LRTimelapse on a PC and I get huge, perfectly fine, 4K ProRes files (>8GB, ~40s) when I encode the sequence at Ultrahigh quality.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 20:02 by Zero Talent »

stockVid

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2016, 22:05 »

This is not really true. I use LRTimelapse on a PC and I get huge, perfectly fine, 4K ProRes files (>8GB, ~40s) when I encode the sequence at Ultrahigh quality.

Yes you can create great ProRes clips with FFMpeg and LRTimelapse and they will look and playback great. However, they will not contain the correct Apple header information. This can only be added by a MAC.

Have you tried uploading your ProRes to the Getty ESP system? - You will get an error.

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2016, 22:22 »
+2

Yes you can create great ProRes clips with FFMpeg and LRTimelapse and they will look and playback great. However, they will not contain the correct Apple header information. This can only be added by a MAC.

Have you tried uploading your ProRes to the Getty ESP system? - You will get an error.
I don't upload video to iStock, anymore. Their commission is an insult.

You might be right about the header, however my PC created ProRes clips are fine for Shutterstock.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

stockVid

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2016, 23:01 »

You might be right about the header, however my PC created ProRes clips are fine for Shutterstock.

I don't upload to iStock but I do upload to Getty. It took a considerable effort getting the ProRes correct.

The last I heard on the Getty forum was that someone had written a script that could rewrite the FFMpeg header info to the ProRes clip correctly. Basically tricking systems into thinking it was produced on a MAC.

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2016, 04:43 »
+1

I don't upload to iStock but I do upload to Getty. It took a considerable effort getting the ProRes correct.

The last I heard on the Getty forum was that someone had written a script that could rewrite the FFMpeg header info to the ProRes clip correctly. Basically tricking systems into thinking it was produced on a MAC.
I'm using FFMpeg to render the ProRes clips on my PC and I only have issues with Fotolia's preview generator.

Maybe even the full resolution files are ok but no point in showcasing a broken preview... So I send them Photo-JPG movs.

Some agencies (not IS/Getty) confirmed to me that PC rendered ProRes files are no problem. And since I have no plans to upload any footage to iStock I stay with my system.