pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: any sold files?  (Read 11182 times)

« on: February 05, 2016, 16:30 »
Hello i want to ask you who have files here if it is worth for me to upload 30k files here. You get any sales or i will lose my time? Thank you.

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 17:06 »
+3
Don't bother.  Over the last year my earnings there are .3% (3/1000) of my total across all agencies.  That's a decline of almost half from the year before, which already wasn't enough to matter.

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 17:54 »
+2
I no longer upload there but I've left the 1300 or so files I uploaded alone. I do get occasional sales but it totals about $50 a year so I can't see how uploading even a large number of viable images would pay you enough to make the effort worthwhile.

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 19:15 »
+2
The sales are infrequent but I would still upload.  You should get enough payouts for very little work with such a big potfolio, the upload is easy.

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 21:04 »
+3
I just closed my account there. Never got any sales and it wasn't even profitable for Peter.

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 03:33 »
then i made my mind. thanks everybody

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 08:28 »
+1
Hello i want to ask you who have files here if it is worth for me to upload 30k files here. You get any sales or i will lose my time? Thank you.

Hey Andy, thank you for your interest. We're a small agency so it depends a lot on the type and quality of content you have. Please PM me with your portfolio and I'll be able to tell you if it's worth it. Thanks!

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 09:38 »
+2
it's not worth it. Truly, it's not worth it.

Chichikov

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 10:31 »
+1
I no longer upload there but I've left the 1300 or so files I uploaded alone. I do get occasional sales but it totals about $50 a year so I can't see how uploading even a large number of viable images would pay you enough to make the effort worthwhile.

I never understood this.
Assuming that they have an ftp server and that you have all the files already ready for other site, you have just to open your ftp software, select your images, drag all of them on the window and wait that the technology makes all the work for you. (In the while you can drink a cup of coffee or go in the park for a walk with your camera).

Where is the effort?
5 minutes of your time and three clicks of your mouse is an effort??

(Just to understand what is an effort according to you ;) ).
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 10:40 by Chichikov »

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 11:32 »
+1

I never understood this.
Assuming that they have an ftp server and that you have all the files already ready for other site, you have just to open your ftp software, select your images, drag all of them on the window and wait that the technology makes all the work for you. (In the while you can drink a cup of coffee or go in the park for a walk with your camera).

Where is the effort?

It's much more time consuming if they are model released images.

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 12:38 »
+1

I never understood this.

Where is the effort?

And it's a daily commitment for weeks or months depending on the size of your portfolio.  SF has a relatively low daily submit limit, so you'll have to go in once a day at roughly the same time (upload slots open up exactly 24 hours after they were last filled) to submit your next batch.

Chichikov

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 12:51 »

I never understood this.

Where is the effort?

Yes, of course when you need to upload releases it is time consuming so it has no sense to lose time for that.

And it's a daily commitment for weeks or months depending on the size of your portfolio.  SF has a relatively low daily submit limit, so you'll have to go in once a day at roughly the same time (upload slots open up exactly 24 hours after they were last filled) to submit your next batch.

I did not know about the daily submit limit. The only other site that I know having a daily limit is GL Stock Image (but I suppose that there are some others), and effectively it is a pain to upload on these sites.
I think that it would be better to have a monthly limit (daily limit X 30)

Thank you both for the answers.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 12:55 by Chichikov »

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 13:45 »
The uploading of releases isn't the problem.  It's having to attach them to every photo.  I much prefer the system at GL where you just upload the releases into a central file and don't have to do anything else.  It's the only reason I still bother uploading there as it is so easy.  I still upload to Stockfresh because Peter has always seemed like a good guy and I like to support people like that.

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 17:09 »
+6
I don't understand the animosity.

The OP asked for opinions. I gave mine based on my views of uses of my time. Other people's views vary. The OP can make of the varying advice what they will.

I don't see how it is helpful to the OP (or anyone else) to suggest walks in the park or cups of coffee, or make silly statements that the technology does all the work for you.

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2016, 17:33 »
+1
It takes less time to upload to Stockfresh than it does to discuss all the latest ways the big sites have found to reduce our earnings.  If time is important, I know what I would rather do.

Chichikov

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2016, 00:53 »
I don't understand the animosity.

The OP asked for opinions. I gave mine based on my views of uses of my time. Other people's views vary. The OP can make of the varying advice what they will.

I don't see how it is helpful to the OP (or anyone else) to suggest walks in the park or cups of coffee, or make silly statements that the technology does all the work for you.

What animosity????

Here we are on a discussion forum, and it is normal that people discuss and ask questions

You are a very interesting, experienced and clever user, but this is not *your* forum, it is *our* forum.

If people have some concern and some questions to ask about it it is normal that they ask.
Other people have answered clearly to my question, and I thanked them for it.

I don't see in what your last post is useful and helpful to answer to my question

So, get down from your pedestal please!

« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 00:59 by Chichikov »

Harvepino

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2016, 07:13 »
+1
The interface, design, and ease of uploading is something I wish all the other agencies would learn from Stockfresh.

Unfortunately, with 5,000 images online, I only get couple of sales every month.

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2016, 17:11 »
+1
The sales are very low ... with 6k images I got 60$ per year.
Closing my account as soon as I reach payment :|