pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: DT Gripe  (Read 3571 times)

« on: February 10, 2016, 07:38 »
So, besides the sinking sales what really irks me is their rejections of images which they feel are redundant.  often times i'll submit several (not hundreds) of images from a shoot from different angles and varying objects in the frame.  frequently they get rejected for being 'similar'. (even tho they are in fact different)  HOWEVER, the bigun's like wavebreakmedia (for example) who has over 360,000 images has pages of similar images...PAGES!  wavebreakmedia is just one.  sorry to have singled them out..  there or many more.  seems DT is kiss @ss to these big contributing agencies and killing us little guys.  just sayin..... grrrrr

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 08:05 »
+3
They've been like that for many years.  Seems so obvious that the buyers like extra choice, that's why they use the other sites instead of DT.  I can understand not wanting huge bunches of very similar images but when they started rejecting either a vertical or horizontal photo of the same subject, I knew it was a waste of time uploading.

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 08:55 »
+3
What shows their review incompetence is that they will reject a horizontal and vertical similar which is a standard for submission so buyers have a choice that best fits their design needs for form, fit and function.

authenticcreations

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 10:38 »
I had yesterday on shutterstock 6 sales of the same object from different perspectives. Bulk download. And this happens for me regularly.

Mirco