pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Istock Earnings - How do I know where they all come from?  (Read 4440 times)

« on: February 17, 2016, 14:52 »
In the past few days I've seen a spike in istock earnings, but the "recent downloads" do not change much or at all in sync with the earnings. They are like ghost earnings or something.

How do I know where the money is coming from? It occurred to me I might have a secret admirer at their headquarters.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 02:57 by Mogwai »

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 17:23 »
In the past few days I've seen a spike in istock earnings, but the "recent downloads" do not change much or at all in sync with the earnings. They are like ghost earnings or something.

How do I know where the money is coming from? It occurred to me I might have a secret admirer at their headquarters.
I have the same. I think it might be coming from their partners, so they do not reflect which files were actually downloaded. I wish they report that kind of information to us.

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 17:50 »
Last week, sub sales from January were reported. Earlier today, you might have got a *small* bump which was for the subs packs (mine was 40c).
If you look back at your January chart on your profile page, the subs sales show up as grey, whereas credit sales are blue.
If you want to know which files sold as subs, stay on your profile page (or you can do this from My Uploads) and click the 'image subscriptions' link in the right hand column. **Note, not 'credit subscriptions**. Then Click 'Last Download' (or whatever the header of the right hand column is called) TWICE.
It may be that PP reporting for Jan has started. If so, these will show moss green on your charts, and you need to click the Partner Program link in the right hand column to see what these are. When G+ comes in, they will also show moss green.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 17:52 by ShadySue »

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 02:58 »
+1
A lot of ghost sales! I spent a half hour looking for button to skedule a payout. Does one exist? I couldn't even find where my paypal input is.

ShadySue

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 03:14 »
A lot of ghost sales! I spent a half hour looking for button to skedule a payout. Does one exist? I couldn't even find where my paypal input is.
Payout is automatic if you have at least $100 by the end of the month. It gets taken from your account total around the 5th of the subsequent month and paid around the 25th, provided you've completed the tax form.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 04:27 by ShadySue »

Justanotherphotographer

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 03:33 »
Jan pp sales have been stuck half way through the month for me for a few days now.

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 09:39 »
Jan pp sales have been stuck half way through the month for me for a few days now.

Me too........sometimes I get the odd sale from a few months back......

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 18:20 »
Last week, sub sales from January were reported. Earlier today, you might have got a *small* bump which was for the subs packs (mine was 40c).
If you look back at your January chart on your profile page, the subs sales show up as grey, whereas credit sales are blue.
If you want to know which files sold as subs, stay on your profile page (or you can do this from My Uploads) and click the 'image subscriptions' link in the right hand column. **Note, not 'credit subscriptions**. Then Click 'Last Download' (or whatever the header of the right hand column is called) TWICE.
It may be that PP reporting for Jan has started. If so, these will show moss green on your charts, and you need to click the Partner Program link in the right hand column to see what these are. When G+ comes in, they will also show moss green.

I started recently at istock, and had a few earnings but all were of this kind of "ghost sales". Some of them appeared here following what you said, but it still doesn't cover all my earnings.

ShadySue

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 18:32 »

I started recently at istock, and had a few earnings but all were of this kind of "ghost sales". Some of them appeared here following what you said, but it still doesn't cover all my earnings.

There are also little bumps each month for the small 'subs packages'. We were supposed to get emails about that each month, but only the first month's email came. That comes under 'Admin adjustment', but so does any sales 'offsite', but we should get emails about them.

From your home page, above the top chart (Daily) There's a Gross Royalties CSV link and you'll get more details on that. However, not everything is totally spelled out as to what it is.

If you've looked everwhere and still have concerns, you can take out a support ticket. Sometimes that helps.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 18:34 by ShadySue »

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2016, 18:55 »
+2
What also concerns me is that these "ghost downloads" do not appear in the downloads meter in my page. So if I wanted to, at one point, become exclusive but most of my sales were coming from these areas I wouldn't be able to cuz I need "regular downloads", is that so?

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2016, 18:58 »
+3
What also concerns me is that these "ghost downloads" do not appear in the downloads meter in my page. So if I wanted to, at one point, become exclusive but most of my sales were coming from these areas I wouldn't be able to cuz I need "regular downloads", is that so?

"He's discovered our evil plan!  Terminate him."

ShadySue

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2016, 19:05 »

At the moment subs and PP don't count, but there are murmurs ...
But are you really sure you'd want to become exclusive?