MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Panthermedia unveils new leadership team  (Read 6289 times)

Harvepino

« on: February 18, 2016, 09:07 »
This email came in:

Dear xxx,

we are very happy to welcome Tomas Speight into the leadership team at Panther  Media. In his previous roles at The Stock Market Photo Agency, zefa visual media and most recently Masterfile he gained a proven track record of successfully leading stock photography agencies in times of change and growing them globally. Under his leadership Panther Media intends to establish itself as a force to be reckoned with internationally.

Tomas will be responsible for Marketing, Sales and Product-Strategy including managing all artist and supplier relationships, as well as international distributor and reseller relationships. On the content side he will focus on raising quality and profile of the images on offer. In addition to that a multitude of further initiatives aimed at strengthening our growth are currently under way.

As Co-CEO I am personally looking forward to working together with Tomas. In recent years we invested a lot of effort in technology. Now the time is right to raise our sales potential to a new and international level. Many exciting projects are in the pipeline for you as our artist and for our customers. Lets get started on this all together.

Best regards,

Robert Walters

Rinderart

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 12:20 »
+5
Just wrote them. We NEED a New vision for the industry, and quality control and a straight 50% commission out of the box. PERIOD. No thanks on 30% non exclusive.

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 18:22 »
+1
You can see their new leadership's ideas here

http://blog.panthermedia.net/en/2016/04/13/new-paths-for-media-licensing-in-image-ads/

The goal is to increase contributors' royalties by giving customers the images for free. How is that going to work?

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 19:15 »
+1
So it sounds like we will get 30-50% of the cut that goes to Panthermedia for each ad click.  They don't say what Panthermedia gets but I assume it is 30%?  So we would get 50% of a 30% cut of a penny per click?  I have no idea how much they get per click but assume it is very small - does anybody know?  Sounds like another good deal for an agency but probably not so much for contributors.

I haven't been able to log in to my Panthermedia account for several months and earned relatively little there anyway - stopped uploading years ago - so this doesn't really affect me.  I'll start uploading again if this leads to decent money but won't be holding my breath.

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 00:43 »
Think I will upload a few to see what happens they do seem to be trying to resurrect the site. Seems to me it was always a site that talked big and delivered small....er not a great start "estimated time until your submitted images are reviewed: ca. 55 days"
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 01:30 by Pauws99 »

Justanotherphotographer

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 03:31 »
+1
I wish I still uploaded so I could stop now. Terrible new model just like yay's streaming idea. Won't attract any new customers, just pinch paying customers form other sites. People who steal images do it because it is easy and convenient, they aren't going to bother with all this linking nonsense.  These theives have always been around, have pm just noticed?

Eta and there's so much that can go wrong for the advertiser and blogger too. What if the blogger is promoting one product and ads for a rival appear? What if the advertiser doesn't like what the blogger is saying? And on and on. No wonder they have gone down the tubes.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 03:35 by Justanotherphotographer »