MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Print rights & commission  (Read 4474 times)

« on: March 06, 2016, 04:50 »
So, I went to the post office today, and while waiting I noticed a stack of pamphlets with my stock photo...I asked the guy that works there and he said its in every branch. I never had an EL for this photo...is this an EL kind of thing or a normal sub covers it?

Why?

Justanotherphotographer

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 05:26 »
Normal license would cover the type of use. Determining will be the size of the run.

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 09:15 »
Thank you.

Why?

Justanotherphotographer

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 09:48 »
Because standard licenses have a limit on the size of the print run usually. Is that what you are asking?

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 10:09 »
If they printed more than a certain number, then they need an EL - that number depends on which stock site it was licensed from. Using it in print is permitted under a general license, but if they printed more than say 500,000, depending on the stock site, then they need an EL. Hope that clarifies it for you.

I hope you picked up a brochure. When you see such a massive use, it makes you feel like even the EL isn't really payment enough.

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 13:47 »
+3
Guys...thanks for explaining. Please excuse me for the "why?" At the end of the post...it's my signature and I can't find how to change it from my iPhone. I'll fix it asap. Sorry again and thank you for your help.

Why?

Justanotherphotographer

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 10:02 »
+1
Guys...thanks for explaining. Please excuse me for the "why?" At the end of the post...it's my signature and I can't find how to change it from my iPhone. I'll fix it asap. Sorry again and thank you for your help.

Why?

;D how funny, the conversation could have gone on for a really long time!

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 10:13 »
+1

Why?

;D how funny, the conversation could have gone on for a really long time!
you know what...I'm keeping it 😎

Why?

Justanotherphotographer

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 11:04 »
Why?

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 13:16 »
Your signature?

Why?

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016, 15:17 »
Fantastic!

Why?

Sponsors