MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Bigstock does not read IPTC correctly  (Read 8075 times)

Chichikov

« on: March 29, 2016, 04:00 »
+2
After the last cosmetic changes to the Bigstock site I have numerous issues with the IPTC data.
A great part of the files uploaded through ftp lose the IPTC (Title, Description)

I have sent some emails to Bigstock but they continue to ignore the real problem, sending me (copy and past) instructions about how to upload the files (I did this for years and I am almost sure that I have understood what to do)

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 06:13 »
+1
Same problem here.....

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 06:25 »
+1
Me too about 50% no IPTC no discerable pattern

Chichikov

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 08:45 »
Same problem here.....

Me too about 50% no IPTC no discerable pattern

Did you send an email to Bigstock?
[email protected]

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 14:53 »
+1
After the last cosmetic changes to the Bigstock site I have numerous issues with the IPTC data.
A great part of the files uploaded through ftp lose the IPTC (Title, Description)

I have sent some emails to Bigstock but they continue to ignore the real problem, sending me (copy and past) instructions about how to upload the files (I did this for years and I am almost sure that I have understood what to do)
The worst thing - it is completely random. I was trying to upload same files several times (deleting and uploading them again) and sometimes they are imported with IPTC, sometimes without. I could not find any pattern, it just happens to 30-40% of files randomly.

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 01:28 »
Just wrote in the other thread before finding this one (not working today, still waiting for a reply to my support message)

I noticed that if you upload the files manually (via browser) then the IPTC is ingested correctly, if you FTP the exact same files then the IPTC is not being read correctly in many cases.

dbvirago

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 15:28 »
+1
Several of us have written support about this. been going on for weeks and getting worse. No one is awake over there. Wish Shutterstock would either support it or dump it.

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2016, 10:15 »
Same problem here, with both FTP and web uploads.  Worst thing is, when I try to add the missing data to the already uploaded image, it usually doesn't allow the additions.  When I click save, the same window reappears without the data...  >:(

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2016, 10:32 »
Even when uploading single images at a time, the system still does not recognize that one has put in all the right data and says need more info.  Not sure I want SS to get rid of BS.... actually making more money on BS than SS.

Chichikov

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2016, 11:45 »
+1
They answered to my mail yesterday:
"We have been making improvements to the contributor interface that affected upload and submit.   Our Tech team has now identified and resolved the issue."

But it still don't work!

dbvirago

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2016, 19:31 »
+3
Another example of the lack of leadership over there. What they really mean is the tech team said they fixed it, but nobody actually tested it.

dbvirago

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2016, 07:25 »
I thought this was fixed. Today for the 3rd day in a row, all files showed complete data. But today, five of my files from previous days showed back up with No Title under it despite that the title and all other data was in there. I clicked submit on all of these and they went away.

Meanwhile, the We Need More Info bug has gotten much worse. Now it takes 4-5 clicks to get this to go away.

I think I'm done uploading here until they get all this mess sorted out.

dbvirago

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2016, 07:22 »
+1
70% of my files from yesterday popped back in labeled Untitled, even though all did. Clicked through them. No uploads today as I have pulled BigStock from my FTP batch until someone over there cares enough to get this sorted out.

THP Creative

• THP Creative

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2016, 01:57 »
I am holding off also, don't need the extra hassles at the moment. Hopefully they will actually fix it soon