pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Howdy! *Newjack*  (Read 5835 times)

« on: April 07, 2016, 09:08 »
+1
     Hello everyone, new to the site, been doing stock for a few months Istock, SS, Fotolia, and DT. Honestly shocked and amazed (and flattered) my snaps would have commercial use to someone.  :)
     Fotolia has been very good to me (8 D/L's in the short time with them) Others? eh. Look forward to sharing more with everyone and learning as much as I can.
JC
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 09:11 by jc1305us »

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 09:20 »
Good luck!

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 19:50 »
Welcome to this crazy fold. Hope it brings you a ton of learning

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 07:06 »
Hi, I am also a newbie. You are doing well. Your post gave me hope. Most of my photos are on Dreamstime. I started 2 month ago but have not sold anything yet. I have only 15 photos on there so far. Congratulations to your sales.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 21:08 »
Hi, I am also a newbie. You are doing well. Your post gave me hope. Most of my photos are on Dreamstime. I started 2 month ago but have not sold anything yet. I have only 15 photos on there so far. Congratulations to your sales.

Hang in there! And good luck, you'll be fine!

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 00:46 »

Yes..you will make it also. Just to help you... 15 photos online are far away from expecting sales. Get your first 1000 on sale and then you can expect. Good lock with your journey. Mirco

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2016, 03:01 »
+1
Ahhh yes... newbie exuberance   8)

Enjoy the ride my friend for as long as you can. Welcome to the site. We all wish you the best.

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2016, 03:29 »
Welcome to the craziness brother. It'll be crazy, it'll teach you a lot, it'll get you a ton of bragging rights and might just make some money as well

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2016, 18:35 »
Hi, newbie here too! I have 200 on DT but have only had 4 sales there, most of my sales have been SS, IS and FT in that order, just a couple of sales on Bigstock and Deposit Photos, I'm not sure those two are worth the effort, but others seem to have some success.

I wish you well and lots of sales. 8 DLs with just 15 images sounds pretty good to me!  :D
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 18:37 by Zalee »

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2016, 22:27 »
Got hot on SS as I now have 7 d/ls in 2 weeks, including a couple of on demand sales : ) (editorial) Sloooooowly getting there lol

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2016, 01:33 »
Fantastic! Just realised I got you, jc1305us, confused with HappyBunny... sorry!

I'm curious how many files you have managed to upload since you started jc1305us. It takes me so long to work my way through it all. I don't use FTP upload though so maybe I should, some of the sites are really clunky.

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2016, 15:09 »
I'm curious how many files you have managed to upload since you started jc1305us. It takes me so long to work my way through it all. I don't use FTP upload though so maybe I should, some of the sites are really clunky.

I use Xpiks to tag my photos and upload them all at once to the sites I'm on. It's a huge time saver. I still have to go onto each site and categorize the photos, but the titles/descriptions are taken care of, and Xpiks has a key wording tool as well.

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2016, 20:08 »
+1
I have 90 pics on DT and about 30 or so on SS (due to their strict standards) and about 30 on FT. I use the mobile apps to upload and keyword. I actually like the SS app for key wording the best as they will suggest really good keywords to use.

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2016, 04:43 »
I use Xpiks to tag my photos and upload them all at once to the sites I'm on. It's a huge time saver. I still have to go onto each site and categorize the photos, but the titles/descriptions are taken care of, and Xpiks has a key wording tool as well.
Thanks PigsInSpace, I will check that one out, there has to be a better way than I'm doing it!  :-\

@ jc1305us... I haven't tried any of the mobile apps, I have been using MyKeyworder which was suggested by someone else. So far BigStock has been the toughest for acceptances for me, they seem to reject most of my sellers. Thanks for the info :)

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2016, 16:38 »
Tip for newbies on SS, make sure you are in the correct color balance! Sent in pics, got turned down. Sent same pics in after I changed the w/b and viola! Accepted! (And sold  :) )

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2016, 05:22 »
+1
Do you have any tips for Fotolia? I had 8 photos accepted by DT and Fotolia rejected 7 out of these 8. I don't even know why. Does the light always have to come from the left side? Is it not allowed to have a shadow on the table when taking food photos?

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2016, 05:27 »
+1
Do you have any tips for Fotolia? I had 8 photos accepted by DT and Fotolia rejected 7 out of these 8. I don't even know why. Does the light always have to come from the left side? Is it not allowed to have a shadow on the table when taking food photos?

I do know SS HATE shadows

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2016, 05:30 »
Good to know. It is strange because the same Photo was chosen for an award only that there chosen one has a red background and this one is on a white background. It's not out of focus. Rejected for technical reasons but there is no noise. Only reason I can think of is the shadow.

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2016, 11:17 »
anyone got tips for me for sell rendered picture?

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2016, 16:27 »
Hi,

I'm also new on the forum. I have little portfolio on dreamstime, not vary active every year several photos and that's all.

Sponsors

Mega Bundle of 5,900+ Professional Lightroom Presets

Microstock Poll Results

Sponsors