MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: ClipDealer ... dead?  (Read 5265 times)

« on: April 28, 2016, 18:36 »
+2
I have had a large number of photos and footage (nearly 3,000) at ClipDealer since almost their beginning. Communication has completely stopped, no answers to e-mails anymore.

They distribute our footage to many low level, little credibility agencies, not just as a link back to ClipDealer but actually send the full files to these agencies. The copyright owner or photographer of our clips on these sites is listed as a made up name and not ours. They seem to have taken the copyright and using one of their "hidden" names.

Sales are non-existent, none for over a year and then one or two a year. I have over 20,000 clips at other agencies and sell very well. I do this full time and support my family and lifestyle very well.

I never thought I'd get to the point of deleting all my footage from an agency but I requested ClipDealer to immediately delete the nearly three thousand clips. Again, no response to my request and an accounting to what I think may be a lot of lost or stolen sales due to no reports and lack of control over a dozen other agencies they sell through.

I had a lot of faith and trust and hoped they would do well. I've lost all my faith and trust. Make your own decision but be aware of how they distribute your footage and the complete lack of sales reporting.http://www.microstockgroup.com/Smileys/default/angry.gif [nofollow]

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 02:27 »
+1
Who are the other agencies where you found your clips under a different name?
Id like to check if that goes for my images as well.

SpaceStockFootage

• Space, Sci-Fi and Astronomy Related Stock Footage

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 03:41 »
+1
Had some rubbish clips on there for years, but no sales. Decided to upload some of my better stuff in Feb, got a sale in March, got excited and uploaded a bunch more of my better stuff, no sales since.