MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: What is your top 5 agencies in regard to earnings  (Read 17674 times)

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2016, 23:43 »
For me the list seems to be ever changing. As of now

1. Shutterstock
2. iStock
3. Fotolia - this seems to have slowed down this month
4. 123rf only because my port here is much bigger than all others
5. DT

Canva has been sitting on my application for months without a rejection or an approval. And the amazing guys at envoto seem hell bent on refusing everything i send. Even the files that are doing well on sites like SS. Getty seems to have fallen off the map with nothing for months. I've recently restarted expanding my port there and they've rewarded me this month with a $0.001 Pinterest sale  8)  :-[
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 23:47 by izzikiorage »

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2016, 05:13 »
1. Shutterstock
2. Getty
3. Fotolia
4. Istock
5. Dreamstime

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2016, 13:58 »
Motion Elements
Canstockphoto
Zoonar
Depositphotos
Dissolve

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2016, 22:59 »
1. Shutterstock
2. Fotolia
3. 123RF
4. iStock
5. Dreamstime

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2016, 06:19 »
+1
1. Yay
2. Mostphotos
3. Cutcaster
4. Stockfresh
5. Kozzi

You are some kind of joker or what?

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2016, 08:53 »
+2
1. Yay
2. Mostphotos
3. Cutcaster
4. Stockfresh
5. Kozzi

Oh, I forgot the  ;)

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2016, 10:08 »
1. Yay
2. Mostphotos
3. Cutcaster
4. Stockfresh
5. Kozzi

Plot twist, he has stake in these agencies. And by screwing over the contributors they've made him/her rich

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2016, 12:30 »
1. Yay
2. Mostphotos
3. Cutcaster
4. Stockfresh
5. Kozzi

Plot twist, he has stake in these agencies. And by screwing over the contributors they've made him/her rich

::)

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2016, 13:18 »
1. Yay
2. Mostphotos
3. Cutcaster
4. Stockfresh
5. Kozzi
[/quote

I would say he's smart. Due to the sheepish nature of people, this kind of post will entice a few contributors to submit to these agencies thus easing just a little bit the uploading onto the main agencies for a short period of time
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 13:20 by pkphotos »

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2016, 17:28 »
+1
Pond5 (video/audio/photo)
Shutterstock (video/photo)
Videoblocks (video)
Fotolia/Adobe (photo/video)
Alamy (photo)

The most disturbing thing I've learned from this thread is how many people still submit to iStock, even with all the crap they pull and the insulting smallest % in the industry they pay out. Yes, I realize this means they're a "top 5" income generator for so many, but at what cost in the long term? They're crooked, lying thieves, and perpetuate the weakening of our role in the partnerships we have with the stock companies. Anyone still submitting to them is contributing to the demise of all of our futures, doing what we do.

Oh please.  ::)  Says the guy whose top site is Pond5, the site that's in the process of erroding the video market like. IS erroded the still photo market.  Check out this thread:

www.microstockgroup.com/pond5/the-membership-program-is-a-disaster-for-contributors/msg454565/?topicseen#new

Also, FYI, Istock is one of my top sellers despite not uploading there for almost 2 years.

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2016, 03:56 »
+1
Videoblocks (video)
Alamy (photo)

The most disturbing thing I've learned from this thread is how many people still submit to iStock, even with all the crap they pull and the insulting smallest % in the industry they pay out. Yes, I realize this means they're a "top 5" income generator for so many, but at what cost in the long term? They're crooked, lying thieves, and perpetuate the weakening of our role in the partnerships we have with the stock companies. Anyone still submitting to them is contributing to the demise of all of our futures, doing what we do.

Oh please.  ::)  Says the guy whose top site is Pond5, the site that's in the process of erroding the video market like. IS erroded the still photo market.  Check out this thread:

www.microstockgroup.com/pond5/the-membership-program-is-a-disaster-for-contributors/msg454565/?topicseen#new

Also, FYI, Istock is one of my top sellers despite not uploading there for almost 2 years. 

Pond5 pays out 50%, more than 3 times iStock's 15%. Some ridiculously simple math to overlook when evaluation of one's role is in a business situation, and what the company believes the creator of the content is worth to them. Claiming they're "erroding" the market in any comparable way to iStock is absolute nonsense.

A few cynical speculative opinions can't change the fact that Pond5 treats us like a an equal partner, while too many are perfectly fine being given ever shrinking scraps by a company that views it's contributors with contempt. iStock is only relevant and gets away with it what they get away with because people keep blindly uploading to them, no matter how bad the deal is.

JaenStock

• Bad images can sell.
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2016, 04:32 »
this year

1., ShutterStock

2., Westend61 (25% images of shutter)

3., Fotolia

4., Istock

5 123rf, dreamstime, c.market...

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2016, 05:07 »
+2
Videoblocks (video)
Alamy (photo)

Pond5 pays out 50%, more than 3 times iStock's 15%. Some ridiculously simple math to overlook when evaluation of one's role is in a business situation, and what the company believes the creator of the content is worth to them. Claiming they're "erroding" the market in any comparable way to iStock is absolute nonsense.

A few cynical speculative opinions can't change the fact that Pond5 treats us like a an equal partner, while too many are perfectly fine being given ever shrinking scraps by a company that views it's contributors with contempt. iStock is only relevant and gets away with it what they get away with because people keep blindly uploading to them, no matter how bad the deal is.

I hear what you're saying Dayrl but you must remember that I make more money per sale on istock than most of all the other sites. There % is crap but then they sell clips for much higher. In fact they are helping us videographer's by keeping prices high. If you want more % from them then go exclusive.
The sites that are negative for our industry are those selling clips for pennies. Getty and istock are keeping prices high.

SpaceStockFootage

• Space, Sci-Fi and Astronomy Related Stock Footage

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2016, 16:19 »
+4
Videoblocks (video)
Alamy (photo)

I hear what you're saying Dayrl but you must remember that I make more money per sale on istock than most of all the other sites. There % is crap but then they sell clips for much higher. In fact they are helping us videographer's by keeping prices high. If you want more % from them then go exclusive.
The sites that are negative for our industry are those selling clips for pennies. Getty and istock are keeping prices high.

I have to concur. I get stick for selling on Envato, but they make me about three or four times more than SS, iS FT and VB combined. 100% commission is great, but not if you get $1 a sale. $100 a sale is great, but not if you get one sale a year. It's all about how much cold, hard cash you get in your account at the end of the year. I wouldn't care if I was getting a 1% commission and clips sell for $1, if that resulted in me getting $500K a year. Unlikely, but hey, it's just an example. I appreciate the talk about erosion and all that jazz, but if that erosion results in me getting $500K, then is it that bad? It might be bad fr others, but price erosion on microstock is far from slavery, trafficking, poverty and human right violations.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 16:23 by SpaceStockFootage »

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2016, 21:58 »
First comment where I've seen envoto ranked that high. These people seem hell bent on rejecting even stuff that is selling on SS and iS. 

But apart from that i agree fully. Most people will look at the total amount of cash at the end of the year. Whatever way it comes

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2016, 08:33 »
+4
"There % is crap...If you want more % from them then go exclusive"

"It's all about how much cold, hard cash you get in your account at the end of the year. I wouldn't care if I was getting a 1% commission"

"I appreciate the talk about erosion and all that jazz, but if that erosion results in me getting $500K, then is it that bad? It might be bad fr others"

"Most people will look at the total amount of cash at the end of the year. Whatever way it comes"

And there you have it. The reason iStock and others get away with giving out terrible percentages to contributors, and make millions while you make thousands. When they really do lower your % to 1% and you're working a new day labor job to pay your bills and you're wondering what happened, just refer back to this narrow minded, short-sighted "I don't give a crap about anything else but my current bottom line, no matter what mathematics and logic dictate" position you guys have now. Unbelievable.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 08:36 by Daryl Ray »

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2016, 09:42 »
Yes... But if you dont accept that you are the only one getting short. It takes a large part of strike to send a message but it will never happen. Top contributors will not stop submitting and loose 10k per month just because they get 30 percent commission. Or you go and take or leave with nothing. This is with everything these days. Just like politics. I prefer to take and not be alone behind. I tried that way but i noticed that i earned only 30 percent in total then before. I prefer to sell 1000 images for 1 dollar then 1 for 100. I will not cut myself.

SpaceStockFootage

• Space, Sci-Fi and Astronomy Related Stock Footage

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2016, 12:01 »
+2
And there you have it. The reason iStock and others get away with giving out terrible percentages to contributors, and make millions while you make thousands. When they really do lower your % to 1% and you're working a new day labor job to pay your bills and you're wondering what happened, just refer back to this narrow minded, short-sighted "I don't give a crap about anything else but my current bottom line, no matter what mathematics and logic dictate" position you guys have now. Unbelievable.

Well I'm basing my level of satisfaction on how things are currently, not how things may or may not be at some point in the future. Sure, If they do lower my % to 1% and I'm working a new day labor job to pay my bills then I'll base my level of satisfaction on that... and that level will probably be pretty low. Obviously hope for the best but plan for the worst, but there's no indication that I'm going to be sleeping on a park bench any time soon.

Although, if you have documented evidence that any of the major stock sites will be reducing their percentages any time soon (without a likely boost in sales to cover the loss), then let me know and I'll start preparing some kind of protest campaign.   

Chichikov

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2016, 12:04 »
2012 - 2015
1 Shutterstock
2 iStock
3 Fotolia
4 Alamy
5 Dreamstime

Since January 2016
1 Shutterstock
2 iStock
3 Fotolia
4 Alamy
5 123 RF
(in 2016 Dreamstime has felt in 8th position for me)

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2016, 19:01 »
+1
I appreciate the talk about erosion and all that jazz, but if that erosion results in me getting $500K, then is it that bad? It might be bad fr others, but price erosion on microstock is far from slavery, trafficking, poverty and human right violations.

Well, that kinda puts things in perspective lol

« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2016, 11:23 »
Only photos
1) Shutterstock
2) Fotolia
3) Istock
4) Bigstock
5) 123rf

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2016, 12:07 »
mostly editorial photos

1. Shutterstock
2. 123RF
3. BigStock
4. iStock
5. Deposit

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2016, 13:06 »
+6
Stocksy   :)
Self marketing

I left all the microstock sites.

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2016, 15:09 »
+2
 :) Encouraging.........

Stocksy   :)
Self marketing

I left all the microstock sites.

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2016, 17:47 »
+2

Well I'm basing my level of satisfaction on how things are currently, not how things may or may not be at some point in the future. Sure, If they do lower my % to 1% and I'm working a new day labor job to pay my bills then I'll base my level of satisfaction on that... and that level will probably be pretty low. Obviously hope for the best but plan for the worst, but there's no indication that I'm going to be sleeping on a park bench any time soon.

Although, if you have documented evidence that any of the major stock sites will be reducing their percentages any time soon (without a likely boost in sales to cover the loss), then let me know and I'll start preparing some kind of protest campaign.
yes you are right logic and mathematics say that IT IS the bottom line that counts not some high percentage on a vanishingly small number of sales or some point of doom in the future. I've not done this for long but what I do now is ever since I have doom has been round the corner.......