pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Overall earnings dropping slightly over 1 year  (Read 14574 times)

Tryingmybest

• Stand up for what is right
« on: May 20, 2016, 12:47 »
+2
I am just curious if anyone out herethat submits new content weeklyhas similar result in their earnings chart?

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 13:31 »
+1
No, I have the opposite of your.

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 13:39 »
+1
i sell  about 8-10x more per week then  you, graph  is  little worse last  8weeks then mine, not much. trend mine is also similar. thank you for posting.

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 14:50 »
+1

Same here. See attached. I only add 2-3 photos per week (if any)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 15:00 by Zero Talent »

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 16:13 »
+2
mine is much more sporadic than yours with a slight trend towards growth rather than decline.

i always keep a batch ready to submit while there is a batch in review so there is a constant flow of new stuff into my port even when I am too busy to be shooting new stuff at certain times of the year.

Tryingmybest

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 16:33 »
mine is much more sporadic than yours with a slight trend towards growth rather than decline.

i always keep a batch ready to submit while there is a batch in review so there is a constant flow of new stuff into my port even when I am too busy to be shooting new stuff at certain times of the year.

Indeed. Same here. I cut back from 60 submissions a week to about 10 so I could focus on a separate project deadline. I was thinking that was part of the cause. But it looks like it's just the nature of this wacky microstock business.

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 17:07 »
+4

What's interesting with the graphs on display here and other posts is, if you cut off the tops of the peaks they fill the troughs and you get a steady average. A simple pointer would be, a very large peak is often followed by successive drops until a balance is established (the average of the highs and lows match the overall average over a larger period of time). I think it's part and parcel of their ranking system.

If you create a rolling 30, 60 & 90 day average it irons out the larger swings and you can see the overall trend from a smoother line. A rolling 7 day average is also a useful stat to track. The 60 & 90 day trackers + the 7 day one allowed me to forecast my earnings for the coming week..... was 94% accurate. The joys of being an ex-city analyst :-)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 17:09 by HalfFull »

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 20:24 »
My chart is slightly different because I started 15 months ago. When you start at 0, it has no where to go but up. I expect it to level out sooner or later. That unsightly trough was the holiday season.

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2016, 01:45 »
Mine chart is very variable. Maybe it is because most of my earnings are from video sales.

Tryingmybest

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2016, 23:04 »

What's interesting with the graphs on display here and other posts is, if you cut off the tops of the peaks they fill the troughs and you get a steady average. A simple pointer would be, a very large peak is often followed by successive drops until a balance is established (the average of the highs and lows match the overall average over a larger period of time). I think it's part and parcel of their ranking system.

If you create a rolling 30, 60 & 90 day average it irons out the larger swings and you can see the overall trend from a smoother line. A rolling 7 day average is also a useful stat to track. The 60 & 90 day trackers + the 7 day one allowed me to forecast my earnings for the coming week..... was 94% accurate. The joys of being an ex-city analyst :-)

Thanks! So do you think I'm doing pretty good then?  8)

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2016, 04:52 »
+1

Thanks! So do you think I'm doing pretty good then?  8)

Hard to say, It's all relative. What's good to one person will be poor to another. The "Yay, my incomes gone up by 50%" might only mean $10 extra for some while others it could be several hundred $'s for others. My poor week would be considered excellent to you or others. It's all relative and you can only monitor the progression of your own business and how well it's doing based on the effort put in. You can't compare it to others as there are too many variables. They could employ staff, upload 1000's a week etc.

Also, if you stop supplying to an agency and the level of income flatlines or dips slightly, it could be considered bad but if the reason you have stopped is making you more money than you would have made if you carried on supplying at the same level, then it's good.

SpaceStockFootage

• Space, Sci-Fi and Astronomy Related Stock Footage

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 05:22 »
+2
Lol!  :-[

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2016, 06:14 »
+2
my graf

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2016, 07:18 »
+8
To me the SS system is somewhat rigged.  When I had no video with 3800 images, I made $800-$1200 a month. Now, a year later, I have 1,100 videos and still only make $800-$1200 a month. The system just split my controlled income between the two asset types.  Of course I got into video to grow my income but that has NOT happened on SS. I have nearly 5,000 assets there today. I often wonder if it would be better to pull my videos and start a new account there.

Tryingmybest

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2016, 19:08 »
Lol!  :-[

Put up May to May. Maybe better??!  :o

SpaceStockFootage

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2016, 05:55 »
Not much! I mean, yeah, there's a definite upward trend which is great, but it's very intermittent compared to everyone else!

Tryingmybest

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2016, 08:35 »
Not much! I mean, yeah, there's a definite upward trend which is great, but it's very intermittent compared to everyone else!

Hmmm...My portfolio size is over 6,100. That could make a difference in daily sales. I think the others have more as well.  :o

SpaceStockFootage

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2016, 11:25 »
+2
Yeah, I've got less than 60 clips! I'm working on it though  :D

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2016, 12:20 »
+3
To me the SS system is somewhat rigged.  When I had no video with 3800 images, I made $800-$1200 a month. Now, a year later, I have 1,100 videos and still only make $800-$1200 a month. The system just split my controlled income between the two asset types.  Of course I got into video to grow my income but that has NOT happened on SS. I have nearly 5,000 assets there today. I often wonder if it would be better to pull my videos and start a new account there.

funny i was thinking the same thing all of the past months.
but i did not say so, as those ppl come in and say another conspiracy theorist.
but i can only speak for myself, ...
each time i reach that monthly average, i see as if someone flipped the switch and i see a lot of 0 days till end of the month.
in this sense, i always hope i get the large single 28 to 102 at the end of the month,
although even that has all disappeared for months too.
but really, if i reach my monthly average on the first day, i can almost be sure i will see zero days
for the rest of the month.

Tryingmybest

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2016, 14:51 »
+1
Yeah, I've got less than 60 clips! I'm working on it though  :D

Oh, then you should feel happy. You're doing great in my opinion!  ;D

SpaceStockFootage

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2016, 16:11 »
Thanks!