pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Two questions about istockphoto and flickr  (Read 2530 times)

« on: May 23, 2016, 10:25 »
FYI - I'm an exclusive at istockphoto.com. Have been with them for over 14 years.

This is the current License Agreement on istockphoto.com ... http://www.istockphoto.com/legal/license-agreement

I've read it, but I'd like someone who's in-the-know to help me understand two things:

1. If, in my Flickr account, I disable all downloads and mark images with All Rights Reserved, can I upload images that are on istockphoto (with All Rights Reserved added to them) to flickr?

2. I've created some heavily edited and/or textured images that istockphoto.com would not be interested in. Also, I'm not intending on selling these images. They are just for display to others in my group.  If I disable all downloads and mark images with All Rights Reserved, can I upload these images to flickr?

FYI - I currently have a Flickr account but have not uploaded anything.

Thanks in advance for your help.

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 10:51 »
+1
FYI - I'm an exclusive at istockphoto.com. Have been with them for over 14 years.

This is the current License Agreement on istockphoto.com ... http://www.istockphoto.com/legal/license-agreement

I've read it, but I'd like someone who's in-the-know to help me understand two things:

1. If, in my Flickr account, I disable all downloads and mark images with All Rights Reserved, can I upload images that are on istockphoto (with All Rights Reserved added to them) to flickr?

2. I've created some heavily edited and/or textured images that istockphoto.com would not be interested in. Also, I'm not intending on selling these images. They are just for display to others in my group.  If I disable all downloads and mark images with All Rights Reserved, can I upload these images to flickr?

FYI - I currently have a Flickr account but have not uploaded anything.

Thanks in advance for your help.

You can upload images anywhere you want, as long as you don't offer them with a royalty free license.

You "just" can't offer any images with RF licenses, not even from your personal website, and not even images you don't even consider uploading to iStock. Royalty Free license would also include any kind of "free" images, public domain or CC licenses.

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 10:06 »
Thanks ... hugely helpful