pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: This file is publishing  (Read 5817 times)

B8

« on: May 27, 2016, 01:31 »
I have files that passed inspection close to a week ago already but are still showing as "This file is publishing" in My Uploads. So the files are approved but are not live in my portfolio or available for sale online yet.

I often used to see the "This file is publishing" notice for a few hours after a file was approved, but then it would clear itself. Now it seems to stay like this for days.

Has anyone else experienced this problem of "This file is publishing" not eventually moving the files into being available for sale after a short period of time and/or is iStock aware of the problem?

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 02:10 »
Hi,

Same Here : "File is Publishing"for 15 images, since  last monday.

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 03:13 »
Few for me too...its not something I've ever really looked at so don't know if this is "normal"

B8

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 03:52 »
Thanks. Part of the new normal I guess. I also have seen some images of other contributors where the thumbnail on the image's closeup page is tiny (in the new view), like only the size of a postage stamp.

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 04:09 »
'Publishing' is deliberate, though bizarre.
The 'small thumbs thing' has been going on for a while and is one of their many 'random bugs'.
Check out their forum.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 04:56 by ShadySue »

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 21:00 »
+2
Someone just posted in the FB group that if you go to the stuck file, click edit, and save, it unlocks.   Tried it and it worked.   

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 03:58 »
Someone just posted in the FB group that if you go to the stuck file, click edit, and save, it unlocks.   Tried it and it worked.

Thanks Karen, it worked for me too.  :)

B8

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2016, 04:01 »

Hmm, these files are not locked. They have not finished publishing yet. Anyway, thanks, I just tried it on a few files and nothing changed for me.

B8

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2016, 04:09 »
I just tried it various ways. I added keywords, added text to the description, and added and deleted, each time doing a save, and nothing changed with the file's status. I also tried it from Deep Meta, again nothing changed. All files still say "This file is publishing".

In Deep Meta the files don't actually show as pending in the total of pending files at the bottom of Deep Meta, but next to the files they still all show as pending in Deep Meta. Fun Fun Fun.

ShadySue

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2016, 09:21 »

Hmm, these files are not locked. They have not finished publishing yet. Anyway, thanks, I just tried it on a few files and nothing changed for me.

Worked on four of mine from different dates, but took about ten minutes  for the  status  to  change.

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2016, 11:03 »
Thanks Karen!

B8

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2016, 11:33 »

Worked on four of mine from different dates, but took about ten minutes  for the  status  to  change.

Before I didn't bother to go back and recheck after 10 minutes. Just saw the status was the same after doing it and gave up. Then I just saw that the 2 I did before eventually did clear after a while as you said. So I decided to do the rest. I went back and checked a few minutes later and see that the rest are all cleared now too. Thank you.

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2016, 13:03 »
+2
This is insane isn't it ?!

ShadySue

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2016, 15:12 »
+2
This is insane isn't it ?!
It must be a bug after all, not a 'feature'. Or maybe a 'buggy feature'.
Why would they deliberately program a non-useful 'feature' which could be so easily overturned (once a contributor worked it out!), adding yet more clicks to the upload process?
Typical iStock SNAFU.  ::)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 07:37 by ShadySue »