pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: how to upload vectors to multiple stock by uploading once  (Read 8866 times)

« on: May 27, 2016, 10:53 »
HI I am an illustrator vector artist and I created accounts on fotolia,shutterstock,dreamstime,123rd. I wanted to ask how to upload my vectors to all of them by just uploading once. I got a slow connection so I do not wanted to upload to each one.

I used dropbox with dropstock but it could only upload photos and not the vectors. So how I could do it.

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 12:53 »
HI I am an illustrator vector artist and I created accounts on fotolia,shutterstock,dreamstime,123rd. I wanted to ask how to upload my vectors to all of them by just uploading once. I got a slow connection so I do not wanted to upload to each one.

I used dropbox with dropstock but it could only upload photos and not the vectors. So how I could do it.

Most of the agencies have FTP. As long as your files meet the criteria of each agency, you can upload them all at once. One agency at a time, that is.

stockVid

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 16:44 »
Take a look at Otixo http://www.otixo.com/en/home-otixo/
Upload once to your Dropbox and then use Otixo to copy the files to each Agency.

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 22:11 »
Is it possible to upload to the microstock websites for free
otixo do not let you upload vectors for free. Is there any free service :P

stockVid

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 22:21 »
Take a look at Multcloud: https://www.multcloud.com

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 09:08 »
Multicloud...how it works?

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 13:00 »
When i started to upload on shutterstock from mega.nz. One file of 700kb takes about one time. is there is any fast and free service

Harish Marnad

• Spare time Digital Artist, Online Coach
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 06:24 »
Some great tools here. thanks.

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 02:07 »
If you willing to pay a little money and more people need this feature I will develop it. I developed mymicrostockupload.com but currently the service works only with images.

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2016, 03:07 »
Hey, just came across this old post. What file extensions do you use for vector files? I coded dropstock.io, so I can easily add them :)

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 14:06 »
Hey, just came across this old post. What file extensions do you use for vector files? I coded dropstock.io, so I can easily add them :)

Vector files have an .eps extension.
It would be wonderful if there was a way to upload vectors to multiple agencies at once!! (+ would that include keywording? that would be even better!!)

Harvepino

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2016, 18:57 »
Multcloud - free, bit buggy sometimes, security is  my concern, but it does the job if you're willing to risk
Mover - looks nice, but expensive
Otixo - never managed to process payment
Dropstock - Brilliant, but images only at this time (free while in beta)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2016, 04:58 »
Hi, we just enabled vector and zip file uploads in dropstock.io!

For those of you that don't know about it yet: With dropstock.io you sync your files once with Dropbox and we'll upload your files to all agencies you specified by FTP.

For each file type we currently support (image, eps and zip) you can enable/disable upload per agency, so you can upload eps to A, zip to B and images to A and C for example.

It's still beta and free, so please test it and let us know how it works for you!

Video is next ;)

PureArt

• UK
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2016, 05:23 »
+2
rjung, uploading to multiple agencies is not a problem at all even with a free FileZilla FTP client. The time consuming task is submitting to those agencies. You need to select categories (most of stocks), select licenses (DreamsTime, Alamy, ...), select image type (for example, "illustration yes/no" at Shutterstock), and lots of other things (like "extended license price at AdobeStock"). Are you going to add automatic (or semi-automatic) submitting features to your software? Or you are going to leave it at the same level with free FTP clients?

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2016, 11:00 »
We strictly focus on the uploading part. I agree there's lots of potential to optimise the actual submission things, but automating and maintaining that for every single agency's website and workflow just isn't feasible.

I do think however, that uploading tons of files to tons of destinations through FTP isn't efficient time- and bandwidth wise. Of course you can upload files with FTP easily enough. But it tends to get cumbersome when uploads start to fail and your bandwidth is split because you upload each file a dozen times to different agencies.

Of course this largely depends on the amount of photos, agencies and your available bandwidth and internet stability. Many of our users are now saving them tens of thousands of manual file uploads by FTP per month and they're pretty happy about it.

We'd love to help them getting rid of the submission, too, but that's not in our scope.

We do however now have a keywording tool, see here: http://www.microstockgroup.com/microstock-services/yet-another-keyword-(research)-tool/ ;)

PureArt

• UK
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2016, 18:26 »
Of course this largely depends on the amount of photos, agencies and your available bandwidth and internet stability. Many of our users are now saving them tens of thousands of manual file uploads by FTP per month and they're pretty happy about it.

So, your users are from those countries with unstable and slow Internet connection with paid and limited monthly bandwidth. Ok, now I understand.

Harvepino

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2016, 03:21 »
I use Dropstock in spite of having fast internet connection and good ftp client. Submitting a batch of 200 images, which can have anything between 1-4GB, to over 20 agencies is still quite a lot of mouse clicking and waiting.
The beauty of Dropstock is in its simplicity. Copying 200 files to Dropstock is done in less than 30s. And thats it, work done. Just let everything to sync and you have it all ready for submission.
Of course, submitting and categorizing is time consuming, but that can't be automated, uploading can be.
And yes, it is ideal for those who have slow and unreliable internet connection... so now I can upload even while on the road :)
I only hope the pricing will be reasonable once they are out of beta. I remember tools like Lightburner that were free and than came up with ridiculously overpriced plans.
We don't live in the world where submitting 100 images per month was enough. We have to work with huge numbers to keep up. I produce 10x more images every month than I did 5 years ago. Thats why I automate everything I can and thats why I use Dropstock and tens of other automation tools in my production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PureArt

• UK
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2016, 05:00 »
Of course, submitting and categorizing is time consuming, but that can't be automated, uploading can be.

There is StockSubmitter software. It can submit files after their uploading. For better results the user should specify the categories for the agencies, however the program can suggest them itself too. So, it is possible to automate submitting or, at least, make it less painful. Also there was Octopus Microstock software with the same features, but it is not updated for a couple of years. Maybe there is some other submitting tools too.

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2016, 05:49 »
Everything *can* be done, it's just too much work to implement and keep it working for every major agency out there. That's why we don't do it - it would be a full-time job, making the tool expensive and error-prone.

Given the amounts of failed and dormant tools that promised to do this, we prefer to build something we can commit to run and support long-term. We want to give microstockers a reliable tool for their work process and build it up from there.

Feel free to start a kickstarter-campaign for this and once it hits $50k we can hire a developer full-time to integrate all the major agencies for a year ;)

PureArt

• UK
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2016, 12:57 »
 ;D How do you see the description of that kickstarter project? "There is an existing software and the price is affordable. But we want to gather $50k to create a new one." Would you support this sort of a project?

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2016, 13:59 »
And it took them a year to build the Mac version alone for 6 agencies with limited features. And that was a year ago and it's still in alpha. And it's software I'd have to install and run on my computer, which is inconvenient at best. For every change in the web frontend of those agencies you'll have to wait for and install a new version and you still have to do all the uploading several times over for each agency.

Lots of reasons to build something better - but that won't be me doing it and that's all I'm trying to bring across here :)

I understand dropstock.io would be even more useful if it did submission, sales analysis, editing and taking your pictures and delivering coffee to your desk, but I want to focus on doing a few things really good and provide something helpful. So now that's "solving" uploading and next keywording.

Thank you for your feedback and I'm more than happy to discuss any other idea you have to improve dropstock.io or the new keyword tool I mentioned earlier. Auto-submission though is a feature I am not willing to add now or any time soon for the reasons I mentioned.

PureArt

• UK
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2016, 04:47 »
rjung, I do understand you, but what is the selling point of your service? Now it is a free beta, but when it becomes a paid service you need some advantages. StockSubmitter team promised to do the "cloud upload" feature too and they asked some people to test it as beta testers. (I did not check if they already created it or not, just because I have a fast fiber broadband and can easily and fast upload to multiple stocks from my PC.) But if they have that "cloud upload" feature now or will have it soon then why should people select your service?

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2016, 05:25 »
Well, not everybody has a fibre connection and not everybody wants to use StockSubmitter or be limited to the handful of agencies they support. I can't really comment on StockSubmitter since we don't get the beta to work reliably on Mac.

Our selling point is that we allow one-click, reliable upload to every agency that supports FTP while optimising your bandwidth and taking care of backups. Platform independent, no installation, no connection- or server issues.

For example we see tons of errors where FTP-servers don't accept new files because their disks ran full or you hit some other limit or transient error. That means you have to remember to retry next day. dropstock.io does that automatically for you.

How useful that is depends on your connection, number of files and agencies and what your time is worth to you. If you spend an hour a month in front of your FTP software or upload pictures through some dodgy public WiFi or upload through your limited cell plan you'll see the appeal.

If StockSubmitter comes up with something similar eventually that would be healthy competition and the users will decide what they prefer.