MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Maybe something wrong with my portfolios  (Read 3969 times)

« on: October 23, 2007, 08:09 »
I'm Microstocker since only june , I've uploaded 400+ photos on "big 6" sites, except Istock (only 170+).
I know that a part of my pictures isn't real "stock photos", like insects and some travel photography.
But i think something is wrong in my "business": I sell almost only on shutterstock (800 downloads by month) and almost nothing on other sites except Istock.
On dreamstime only 84 downloads since june, same on fotolia and not better on stockxpert, i don't know exactly why: style of pictures? Too much different subjects? bad keywording? bad title? Need selection and erase some pictures?
My English is very average and it's maybe the reason, maybe in title and descriptions...but it's seems ok for Shutterstock.
If some microstockers "Doctors" could have a look at my portfolios and give me a simple diagnostic and advice, it could be very helpful for me!

Thanks
Stphane

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 08:39 »
Yeah, my portfolio has a similar problem. It's probably because most of my images are isolated shots. I probably need people or thousands of isolated on white photos. You have nice images, though.

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 11:58 »
 you have really nice portfolio (i opened 3 pages on ss portfolio) - i think that main problem (with lack of dl-s) is that i do not see photos with living people (models).- i have some about 2500 photos online on various stocks - and i have to admit that photos with models are selling much better than the some others (nature on example - regarding the fact that you need (in my opinion) much bigger photographic skill, knowledge, and experience (and equipment) to shoot nature ).

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 19:19 »
Ok thanks for the replies.

So, apparently no problems with the keywords or titles.

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 19:28 »
ouch. i'm sorry - i opened photos, and when i saw that these are actually really nice images - i did not look on kwds.
...now i opened (bs portfolio). - seems to me that everything is o.k. with keywords. my experience says that almost all images are found by mostly first 10 relevant keywords (actually even less of these ) - and i saw you have all relevant words on three photos that i opened.