MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Rejection zoological  (Read 2659 times)

« on: June 10, 2016, 14:03 »
IStock keeps tossing my sea lion pictures from the coast of Alaska as needing a zoo release.  Is there anything they'll accept in the caption to avoid this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rose Tinted Glasses

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 14:19 »
+3
May I suggest you contact Istock directly and get a reply that comes from them rather than posting here and getting the usual misinformation, conspiracy, and I hate Istock replies. Contributor relations is usually pretty good about giving you the correct information.  ;)

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 14:31 »
+1
If these are Commercial images (as opposed to Editorial) the caption can be edited after acceptance -so you can add a ****Note to Reviewer*** This image was taken in the wild on the Alaskan coast and requires no property release (etc). For Editorial images put this sort of note in the Description field (as the Caption field cannot be edited after acceptance) and then just edit out after acceptance. I use this quite often where I think there may be some ambiguity about where the image was taken. In many cases the reviewer will edit out the note themselves (in my experience). Regards, David.

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 15:55 »
+1
Yup, you can try that and it will probably work. However, sometimes it seems the inspector just looks at the pic and clicks reject without looking at the description. If that happens, be sure to post it on the critique forum (Actually, I think you did that a while back (?)), and be sure to highlight that you left a note in the description.

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 17:26 »
+1
Write a note explaining where it was taken (wilds of AK) and no property release needed and attach the note as you would a property release.  Even better, if you happen to have a panorama kind of view of the area where they were taken,  add lettering to the image explaining that.  I have done this for both wild animals not at zoos and sporting events held at parks (took picture of park before equipment there) and that helped the reviewer make the distinction.  Somewhere on their forum a reviewer gave this suggestion and it really helped me.

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 13:55 »
In the description area use this exact formula
++inspector, This is not taken in a Zoo or like. Taken on wild coast of Alaska ++
 That will get the image through.
If it doesn't you can scout the image
Then write your normal description under the ++ line. The inspector should delete it. If he doesn't you can delete it after acceptance.

www.istockphoto.com/jodijacobson

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 14:07 »
+1
This is just ridicolous. Even if it was taken at the zoo, if it's not recognizable, where the image was taken (and it's obviously not, since it was taken in Alaska), why . would one need release.

Sponsors

Mega Bundle of 5,900+ Professional Lightroom Presets

Microstock Poll Results

Sponsors