MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: One month for photos to get approved  (Read 5131 times)

PZF

« on: June 21, 2016, 03:40 »
+1
A full calendar month and still they sit there waiting.....
:(
Indy.

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 03:51 »
Are you new with iStock?

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 04:07 »
+2
Same here,  one month plus few days.. Still pending.  I am old contributor. This is istock people. 

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 04:25 »
Still at 21 days here, I'm new. One day for editorial.

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 04:25 »
Lucky me, my very first photo reviewed and accepted by iStock after several weeks. But what about the rest of the images????  Same here. One day for editorial.

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 04:27 »
Do they actually say "Pending" on the site or do they say "This file is Publishing"?

There was a time a few weeks back where files were being accepted but then got stuck - it was found they could be unstuck by opening them on site, then saving again.

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 04:29 »
Same here, around a month +/- few days. I also sent them a message about picture that has been stuck for about three weeks in publishing and all they answered me is to "have patience".

Should I start uploading pictures for 2017/2018 new year now?

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 05:15 »
I had a publishing bug for the last batch, the save trick worked.

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 05:15 »
Same here, around a month +/- few days. I also sent them a message about picture that has been stuck for about three weeks in publishing and all they answered me is to "have patience".

As I say, if it's stuck in publishing, try opening it for edit on the site, change something and save it back;  then give it a few minutes and you may find it becomes active.  Worked for me and for others.

iStock may well get around to sorting it themselves eventually, but don't hold your breath...

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2016, 05:35 »
+1

As I say, if it's stuck in publishing, try opening it for edit on the site, change something and save it back;  then give it a few minutes and you may find it becomes active.  Worked for me and for others.

iStock may well get around to sorting it themselves eventually, but don't hold your breath...

Thanks!

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2016, 07:56 »
+1
I just had some images approved.  Took just about a month. I actually forgot about them until I got 30 emails.

PZF

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 03:35 »
To answer a question above - I've been in this microstock lark for some years now. Ever more frustrating.....!

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2016, 15:37 »

Hi I saw in your sig that you are exclusive with IS. Could you share any info on your earnings with them?

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2016, 18:04 »

Hi I saw in your sig that you are exclusive with IS. Could you share any info on your earnings with them?

Sorry, my earnings are between me and the Inland Revenue...

Mr Nobody

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2016, 20:25 »
What can you do! What is - is what is... :-\

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2016, 16:01 »
A few months ago, it only took a few days. I wonder what is happening at Getty corporate. Maybe they're cutting spending by letting go some of the review staff.

SS by comparison is reviewing images within minutes of upload.

Mr Nobody

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2016, 16:09 »
+1
A few months ago, it only took a few days. I wonder what is happening at Getty corporate. Maybe they're cutting spending by letting go some of the review staff.

than you better start submitting your xmas images now  8)

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2016, 16:38 »

Actually review at Getty Images has never been this fast before at 6-8 days, it happened around the same time when people at IS started complaining about long review times. Now you know why and how.