MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: OMG DT does not need photos of BREXIT  (Read 13042 times)

« on: June 24, 2016, 00:20 »
+3
Unbelievable! ALL Pictures with the theme BREXIT rejected me. They probably do not follow politics. All agencies are deficient in these photos. And where flags are all rejected. It is a shame for you Dreamstime Team !!!

http://www.shutterstock.com/g/weyo/sets/46734561-brexit [nofollow]

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 01:22 »
Outrageous!

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 01:42 »
Unbelievable! ALL Pictures with the theme BREXIT rejected me. They probably do not follow politics. All agencies are deficient in these photos. And where flags are all rejected. It is a shame for you Dreamstime Team !!!

http://www.shutterstock.com/g/weyo/sets/46734561-brexit

May be they already have enough of them: https://www.dreamstime.com/photos-images/brexit.html
Not many will use those images after some time.

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 02:46 »
+1
May be they already have enough of them: https://www.dreamstime.com/photos-images/brexit.html

That's right, they are all over the place, on all agencies.

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 03:48 »
+3
Brexit is old news, better spend more time for the next trend

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 04:52 »
+4

Not agree...Brexit it is not old news...Brexit it is unique. We'll talk about it much time to come, as the first country who'll leave the EU after 45 years.

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 06:39 »
+5
Hopefully Scotland will leave them now. Best thing that can happen for the EU.

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 06:40 »
+1

I really, really can't face another Independence Referendum; but it seems that our concerns and those of our nearest neighbour are ever-widening.

Justanotherphotographer

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 06:50 »
+2

I really, really can't face another Independence Referendum; but it seems that our concerns and those of our nearest neighbour are ever-widening.
Well maybe, maybe not. Remember Labour used to be Eurosceptic before Thatcher, when the EU seemed to be a protection for British workers. Now the EU demands all industries, including healthcare are privatised and opened up for competition. The UK leaving the EU may make it possible for future governments to move more to the left and in line with the more left leaning Scottish electorate. I don't think Corbyn's lack of enthusiasm was an accident. Who knows, at least now such things are on the table I suppose?

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 09:41 »
+2

Not agree...Brexit it is not old news...Brexit it is unique. We'll talk about it much time to come, as the first country who'll leave the EU after 45 years.
Maybe if there's a domino effect with Nexit, Frexit, Dexit, Swexit and so on, otherwise only the UK will still talk about it after 45 years. British economy might collapse by then, there's already a trade deficit with the EU of 23.9bn in the first 3 months of 2016. The UK needs the EU more than the EU needs the UK

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 12:27 »
+2
What does a brexit look like?

dpimborough

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 13:20 »
+2

Maybe if there's a domino effect with Nexit, Frexit, Dexit, Swexit and so on, otherwise only the UK will still talk about it after 45 years. British economy might collapse by then, there's already a trade deficit with the EU of 23.9bn in the first 3 months of 2016. The UK needs the EU more than the EU needs the UK

The UK is the worlds 5th largest economy not some back water and you will find the EU exports a lot more to the UK than the other way round so I think you will find the EU needs the UK more

dpimborough

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 13:27 »
+4
Middle aged white male, paunchy, florid, saying 'Im not a racist, but...'

Hoho very funny not. Men, Women, of all ethnic backrounds voted for it.  Some of the highest votes to leave were in towns of high predominately Pakistani origin populations such as Bradford.

Most British people were tired of the unelected unaccountable diktats from the EU.

Where you couldn't even scrap the tax on sanitary products for women without agreement from the other 27 members.

Where the southern EU states are so broken economically that 50% of the youth in Spain are unemployed.

They also saw what happened to Greece and then to cap it all Merkel opens her big trap and opens the flood gates to economic migrants from Asia minor making decisions effectively unilaterally on behalf of the enitre EU without consulation.

The French dislike the EU even more than the UK (37% in favour at the last count) the Greeks only 27% are in favour of the EU.

So check a few facts before  spouting racist/sexist rubbish. :P

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 14:21 »
+1

The UK is the worlds 5th largest economy not some back water and you will find the EU exports a lot more to the UK than the other way round so I think you will find the EU needs the UK more
I'm sorry but the EU market is far bigger than the UK's market, Germany alone is already bigger. The time of the great British Empire has long past. The average income in the UK excluding London is only 80% of the EU's average. London's is 150%.
What wiil happen for the UK in the short term is pretty much disastrous, prices will go up because of the weak currency, lay offs, economy at a stand still, UK will lose its AAA credit rating, inflation go up etc. Long term nobody knows.
Don't get me wrong, I really feel for the British people, but the people have spoken and we have to respect that. I wish everyone there good luck through this hard time.

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 16:25 »
You think you know what will happen in the short term? I doubt it. Uncertain times yes but there has so far only been a relatively small correction in the markets.

marthamarks

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 17:20 »
+2

We've got the same guys here in the US. You can identify them by the red "Make America Great Again" caps they all wear.

Scary times.

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 17:47 »
+2
You think you know what will happen in the short term? I doubt it. Uncertain times yes but there has so far only been a relatively small correction in the markets.
You don't have to be a psychic to know it. It's already happening, webshops like Asos closed down today, nobody is willing to exchange British Pounds for USD or EUR, you can't withdraw Euros anymore with British bank cards in Europe, all because of the British currency crash.
S&P is going to lower UK's credit rating again, which was already lower than some EU countries.
Financial institutions are pulling out of London and with it a lot of jobs.
Imported goods are going to be more expensive because of the weak pound, you will notice it in the short term when you do shopping or buy groceries. Inflation rate will go up and the economic growth will be lower or even worse.

PaulieWalnuts

• We Have Exciting News For You
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 20:06 »
+4

We've got the same guys here in the US. You can identify them by the red "Make America Great Again" caps they all wear.

Scary times.

Oh yay. A politics post. Imgonna pull up a chair and some popcorn, count how many times the word racist is used, and see how far the liberal vs conservative insult carnage goes.

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2016, 02:20 »
+2

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2016, 14:04 »
+2

Thats just ridicolous statement. Market of 68 milion compared to market of 500 milion?

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2016, 01:50 »
+2

Thats just ridicolous statement. Market of 68 milion compared to market of 500 milion?
I'm not quite sure what you are saying is ridiculous the fact that the EU exports more to the UK than UK to the EU thats a fact?

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2016, 02:28 »
+1
The Conservatives don't usually pick the person that looks the most obvious choice.  Cameron wasn't favourite when they started their last leadership contest.  John Major and William Hague were surprises.

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2016, 05:33 »

I'm not quite sure what you are saying is ridiculous the fact that the EU exports more to the UK than UK to the EU thats a fact?

Ok, let me just say first, that personally I don't give a phuck if UK is in EU or not. I don't gain or loose anything.

And I understand what you are saying, and yes, you a right. And thats because EU has more companies that export to UK than UK has companies, that export to EU, but for those EU companies UK represent only one (small) part of market (UK's 63 milion compared to EU's 500 milion). Now for companies, based in UK, EU represent large part of market (EU's 500 milion compared to UK's 63 milion). Now explain to me, how can that be better for UK?

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2016, 07:42 »
The Conservatives don't usually pick the person that looks the most obvious choice.  Cameron wasn't favourite when they started their last leadership contest.  John Major and William Hague were surprises.
as was Margaret Thatcher...

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2016, 07:46 »
The question is what about the rest of the world which is growing unlike the increasingly stagnant Eurozone? Its a matter of judgement whether we can get a better deal which I don't think is a ridiculous discussion. What is is the notion that all trade with the EU will cease which some people seem to be assuming