MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Upload Query  (Read 5417 times)

« on: June 27, 2016, 09:00 »
Hi ladies and gents,

I haven't uploaded files to Pond5 for a while - have just been concentrating mainly on Shutterstock and Fotolia etc..  I have to catch up and submit the rest of my portfolio to Pond 5 but I just have one query about submitting to them.  When I've uploaded the files, all of my Titles and Descriptions lose all of their capital letters.  Do you go into each file and amend this? or is it okay just to leave it?  I'm probably just being a bit OCD about it to be honest but I'm just curious to know what you all do?  Does the lack of Capital letters in the titles and descriptions annoy you?

cheers,

Chris. :)

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 12:16 »
+3
Hi ladies and gents,

I haven't uploaded files to Pond5 for a while - have just been concentrating mainly on Shutterstock and Fotolia etc..  I have to catch up and submit the rest of my portfolio to Pond 5 but I just have one query about submitting to them.  When I've uploaded the files, all of my Titles and Descriptions lose all of their capital letters.  Do you go into each file and amend this? or is it okay just to leave it?  I'm probably just being a bit OCD about it to be honest but I'm just curious to know what you all do?  Does the lack of Capital letters in the titles and descriptions annoy you?

cheers,

Chris. :)
Don't bother, they will reject everything, cause P5 doesn't know what they want.

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 18:47 »
As far as I know their inspection could still be 2-3 months, but I haven't uploaded there in months so I'm not certain. It's possible that inspection time is way down due to many contributors halting uploading due to high rejections. 

I haven't used a CSV or automated metadata with P5. In the past I just copy and pasted from my CSV.  But I would say that you are safe with lower case.  If you really want to know, just do an upload with one file and see what they do.  Just make sure your work is up to snuff because they are rejecting a lot of footage now.

alno

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 02:09 »
As far as I know their inspection could still be 2-3 months, but I haven't uploaded there in months so I'm not certain. It's possible that inspection time is way down due to many contributors halting uploading due to high rejections. 

I haven't used a CSV or automated metadata with P5. In the past I just copy and pasted from my CSV.  But I would say that you are safe with lower case.  If you really want to know, just do an upload with one file and see what they do.  Just make sure your work is up to snuff because they are rejecting a lot of footage now.

Their last review time was about couple of weeks. The biggest part of the clips was accepted. The truth is I would personally reject some ones they did :)

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 02:57 »
P5 seems to be normal again, sales are back again. Haven't uploaded anything yet.

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 08:26 »

Their last review time was about couple of weeks. The biggest part of the clips was accepted. The truth is I would personally reject some ones they did :)

Interesting. So they either got more inspectors or people stopped uploading with all the high rejections (like me).  But I agree with Astonished in that I made $350 in sales there in June. Nice mix of images and videos. Also, I have been upping my pricing there. Sold one HD clip for $115.  Also raised prices on my top selling videos and they continue to sell with the higher prices. 

But this is just one month. The last few have been a smattering of sales after I ripped P5 in an email. Probably shouldn't have done that. It really "feels" like I was penalized in some way because my consistent monthly sales fell almost the next day, and just rebounded in June.  See what happens in July, Aug and Sept.

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2016, 11:21 »
Well it's time for sales to happen, now that they FINALLY have VP of Sales and few team members focused on that.  8)