MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: snipers shoot dead police officers in Dallas  (Read 26102 times)

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2016, 17:26 »
+2
Guns are not the problem, if you outlaw guns they would use knives if you outlaw knives they would use rocks! It's the people who are the problem so stop blaming the guns. Their needs to be  racial unity but instead there is allot of racial divide and hatred, thats the problem.

jeepers creepers... pixel8 r u mad !? Of course the guns r the problem. Protect u're family by not selling guns, close the gun shops,    
carefully monitor the "arms" black market, drastically increase the penalties for carrying a weapon. Only in this way your families will be safer. U can not kill 5,10,20 or 50 people with knives and rocks.    

I personally live in a small town of 150k people(in europe) and did not see a gun in my life,    I have not heard a gunshot in my life.In my town there is no gun shop and if you are caught wearing a gun...even with rubber bullets you get a criminal record and you risk jail.

There are a lot of people with mental health problems in this century which is due to many factors and you let liberty to anyone arm themselves ? believing that in this way you will protect your family ? you must be unusual to think you have any chance ... logic is simple more guns = more deaths, fewer guns = less dead

Well there is the problem right there you lived in a small European town. Ive lived in the Projects I've Lived in the  Ghetto of Houston called "Guns Point" and the Favelas of So Paulo Brazil. You've lived a privileged life in a nice part of the world so you don't speak from experience. If you haven't lived in poverty you don't know what you are talking about. I have lived in poverty for years and know first hand.

You are naive to think the solution is to monitor the black market, it's called the black market for a reason! You obviously  don't know any gang members, I grew up around gangs. Gangs don't care about the laws that are passed they are a law unto themselves they will always have guns and when no American has guns, Gangs still will and will use them as well as other criminals.

The funny thing is that all the politicians who spout anti gun rhetoric have armed body guards, I guess their life is more important than yours?

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2016, 17:33 »
First of all my prayers go out to the families here in Dallas.

I agree we need some stricter laws requiring more thorough background checks as well as increased requirements for training. We need stricter and longer sentences for gun violence offenses including mandatory prison sentences for carrying a gun without a license. Automatic death sentence with no appeal process for homicides committed with a firearm.

I for one believe, per the constitution, US citizens have the right to own a gun. As far as the constitutional rights, the militia originally was described as "all able-bodied men who are not members of the Army or Navy (Uniformed Services)". These were ordinary people not in an organized militia until they were called upon which means the constitution gave the right to any able bodied man the right to own a gun. The meaning has been changed over the years by congress.

I preface my next statement with agreement that restrictions need to be made with respect to high capacity assault type weapons. There were approximately 13,000 homicides committed with guns in 2015 and there were just under 10,000 deaths by drunk drivers in 2014 and that does not include all other car accident deaths. Should we take away every bodies cars cause cars are killing people. No, it is the drivers of those cars.

Just my opinion and all I am going to say because the two sides will never agree.

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2016, 17:39 »
+2
Oh god, if I hear one more ridiculous argument about France and thugs and criminals buying guns and protecting yourself from home invasions and they'll use a knife or a baseball bat or a pile of marshmallows I will barf.

We are a twisted country founded on invasion, genocide, war, slavery and white male supremacy. Unfortunately it's USA DNA. As the country gets less white, the white men feel power slipping away and encourage the proliferation of guns (for white men, natch), spend huge amounts on a super military, incarcerate black men for minor crimes at enormous rates (basically another form of slavery), militarize the police and give them carte blanche to kill black men for selling loosies or CDs or for having a "broken taillight."

We're an aggressive, warmongering third-world country. With people so stupid they think "Born in the USA" is a song about patriotism.

Go ahead and Barf, what is your answer or solution to the terror attack in France? You don't have one but to roll over and die from a Terrorist! I'm not for invasion, genocide, war or slavery I can tell you hate America but you fail to mention how far America has evolved away from those very things, maybe you should be more focussed on the countries who still practice genocide, war and slavery! As for police brutality there are certainly problems there and yet at the same time everyone wants to judge the situation based on news coverage, you weren't there and don't know everything about every case, you only know what the news outlets tell you, which isn't always the facts!

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2016, 17:42 »
+1
I don't need the constitution to tell me thats its my Human right to protect Myself and Family, I choose to own a gun for that very purpose. If you don't want to own a gun and think that by calling the police or lets say using a baseball bat will save your life or families lives in lets say a home invasion which typically involves two or more thugs who are armed then good luck with that, chances are you would wind up dead.

I would agree partially. But, let me ask you this - Why have the testing for drivers licence? Why go through some call them health checks (depending on the country - some more some less)? Why not let anyone drive who can afford a car? I would argue like I said in first post - yes leave the right to own a gun but with much harsher checks and rules.

There should be a fire arms handling test and a evaluation of metal health.

Shelma1

• stockcoalition.org
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2016, 17:46 »
+4
There were approximately 13,000 homicides committed with guns in 2015 and there were just under 10,000 deaths by drunk drivers in 2014 and that does not include all other car accident deaths. Should we take away every bodies cars cause cars are killing people. No, it is the drivers of those cars.

Barf.

Shelma1

• stockcoalition.org
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2016, 17:47 »
+4
Oh god, if I hear one more ridiculous argument about France and thugs and criminals buying guns and protecting yourself from home invasions and they'll use a knife or a baseball bat or a pile of marshmallows I will barf.

We are a twisted country founded on invasion, genocide, war, slavery and white male supremacy. Unfortunately it's USA DNA. As the country gets less white, the white men feel power slipping away and encourage the proliferation of guns (for white men, natch), spend huge amounts on a super military, incarcerate black men for minor crimes at enormous rates (basically another form of slavery), militarize the police and give them carte blanche to kill black men for selling loosies or CDs or for having a "broken taillight."

We're an aggressive, warmongering third-world country. With people so stupid they think "Born in the USA" is a song about patriotism.

Go ahead and Barf, what is your answer or solution to the terror attack in France? You don't have one but to roll over and die from a Terrorist! I'm not for invasion, genocide, war or slavery I can tell you hate America but you fail to mention how far America has evolved away from those very things, maybe you should be more focussed on the countries who still practice genocide, war and slavery! As for police brutality there are certainly problems there and yet at the same time everyone wants to judge the situation based on news coverage, you weren't there and don't know everything about every case, you only know what the news outlets tell you, which isn't always the facts!

Super barf.

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2016, 17:52 »
+3

I don't really like Michael Moore but he's right when he shows people just across the border from Detroit, in Canada, who are armed as much as many Americans, but don't go around shooting each other or police. It's attitude and people. Not the guns.

Baloney. First of all, you're comparing the most dangerous city in the US to the safest city in Canada. That has nothing to do with geography and everything to do with poverty, racism, lack of opportunity and easy access to guns. Second, Windsor, Canada's police chief credits the huge difference in murder rates to...wait for it...Canada's policy of strict gun control.

http://windsorstar.com/news/local-news/a-tale-of-two-cities-windsor-and-detroit-murder-rates-show-stark-contrast

You missed the point. Why don't Canadians, just across the river, with guns, rob, murder and shoot each others, like their close neighbors? It's not the guns is it. Must be something else?

Poverty, opportunity and racism is the excuse for why people are inhuman to each other? You just tossed in guns for effect, right?

While the U.S. does have a homicide rate nearly double that of most developed countries like Canada, it doesnt have the worlds highest homicide rate. With 6.4 homicides per 100 thousand people, the U.S. falls behind countries in Africa, the Caribbean, Eastern Europe, and Latin America.

Do they have 10 million guns in Africa, the Caribbean, Eastern Europe, or Latin America? There are that in Canada and I repeat, Canadians aren't shooting each other.

Must be something about civilized people, not the guns.

No, I'm afraid YOU missed the point. YOU said people in Canada had just as many guns but didn't shoot each other like Americans do. YOU said it's the people, not the guns. But the Canadians say the difference is the GUNS. Everyone in the WORLD sees the difference is the guns. Most people in the USA see the difference is the guns. Only a small percentage of people...a small minority of Americans, who are themselves a small minority of the world population...just cannot or will not see the forest for the trees.

And if, for some reason, you still believe t's just because Americans are just more violent or crazy than everyone else (no argument from me), then why on earth would you want to arm those people with guns??? If you truly believe it's the people, then take the stupid guns away from them.

During the Great Depression just as many people had guns but they had more morals and values more common decency  for others, the problem is not guns its the media who degrades good morals and values and promotes hate and violence, mixed that in with corruption and the out sourcing of jobs and you have despair which leads to hate and violence being carried out.

Unless you can get rid of all weapons getting rid of most peoples guns won't solve the problem you are only disarming people who want to protect themselves. My family has owned guns many generations back and we haven't shot anyone and so goes for almost all gun owners seeing how their are several million but because their are a few lose cannons your solution is to take all the cannons off the ship so the pirates can invade without a fight!

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2016, 17:55 »
+3

Super barf.
So no answer then just BARF! I have napkin for ya! but be careful of paper cuts we might need to outlaw those as well.

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2016, 18:26 »
Pixel, this forum is a leftist stronghold devoid of any logic and common sense. Can't have a rational discussion with social justice warriors. BLM is an anti-white terrorist organization sponsored by Soros and praised by Obama and the media. Another racist attack just occurred in Tennessee, whites targeted.

Shelma1

• stockcoalition.org
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2016, 19:00 »
+4
The world is a leftist stronghold, whether the people be liberal or conservative, when seen through the eyes of the American gun lover.

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2016, 19:04 »
+2
Pixel, this forum is a leftist stronghold devoid of any logic and common sense. Can't have a rational discussion with social justice warriors. BLM is an anti-white terrorist organization sponsored by Soros and praised by Obama and the media. Another racist attack just occurred in Tennessee, whites targeted.

Black Lives Matter is a Hate Group! If they were not a racist hate group they would not be going around calling white people crackers! They would not be trying to convince whites they are privileged, They would not be calling for the killing of white people, instead they would be following after Martin Luther Kings approach calling for unity amongst all races to stop the over reaching hand of justice who has been hiring incompetent cops because most people don't want to work a job trying to stop a crumbling society!

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2016, 19:09 »
+1
The world is a leftist stronghold, whether the people be liberal or conservative, when seen through the eyes of the American gun lover.

Which Leftist Stronghold is your favorite?
1. Nazi Germany
2. Stalins Russia
3. Zimbabwe
4. venezuela
5. Cambodia

Just to name a few!

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2016, 20:55 »
+5
You're still allowed to own a gun  in Australia, just not assault rifles designed to kill multiple people. People are the problem but access to assault weapons increases the ramifications when they do the wrong thing.

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2016, 23:08 »
+1
I say if you want to have guns, you have to enroll yourself in a "hunger games" type of tourneyment where about 10% of the contestants will die annually. That will drastically reduce gun ownership in any country.  ;D

It's all about the dollar in the end anyways in America.

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2016, 01:24 »
+2
I don't need the constitution to tell me thats its my Human right to protect Myself and Family, I choose to own a gun for that very purpose. If you don't want to own a gun and think that by calling the police or lets say using a baseball bat will save your life or families lives in lets say a home invasion which typically involves two or more thugs who are armed then good luck with that, chances are you would wind up dead.

If you think that by outlawing guns that criminals and thugs won't have guns you are fooling yourself, just look at the terror attack on France that has the strictest gun laws. Hmm they seemed to have guns! There will always be a black market for guns. You might want to learn about Ghost Guns, most criminals seek to buy those. Millions of Americans own guns yet there are not millions of gun related deaths thats because most Americans are law abiding citizens who want to protect their families from people who do things like these snipers.

Guns are not the problem, if you outlaw guns they would use knives if you outlaw knives they would use rocks! It's the people who are the problem so stop blaming the guns. Their needs to be  racial unity but instead there is allot of racial divide and hatred, thats the problem.
Ok I'll bite. How do you explain why people in countries with liberal gun laws like Saudia Arabia or Iraq couldn't prevent terrorist attacks recently. Since you're stating that a country with strict gun laws like France would be able to when they have liberal gun laws. Your logic here doesn't make sense.

Or a country like Iceland with the highest gun rate per capita has 0 homocides.

I think it's just the people's mentality and how people have been brought up that kills people.

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2016, 02:34 »
+5
Obviously there's a problem in the US that there isn't in lots of other countries but that makes it harder to understand why letting people that are mentally unstable have guns that can kill many people in a few minutes is a good idea.

The gun lobby might be taken more seriously if they attempted to tackle the problems in US society, instead of thinking Donald Trump will sort it out.

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2016, 04:04 »
+5
It doesn't need to be amended, just interpreted correctly.  The exact wording of the second amendment is, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed".  The intention was to allow the keeping and bearing of arms to be done exclusively in the context of a well regulated militia for the security of the state.  We can know this with absolute certainly because that's what it says in plain English.  Random yahoos keeping guns in their house is not well regulated, not a militia, and not involved in the security of the State, so absolutely, 100% is NOT allowed under the second amendment!  Individuals keeping arms outside of a militia is not covered by the constitution so should be left to the states.

This amendment was added most likely because the Revolution was fresh on the minds of the framers.  In 1791, the U.S. did not have a large, professional military like now.  In the event of an external threat (like the British), the military was augmented by militias organized by the states.  Most arms, powder and shot was stored at community magazines and would be issued to the militias when needed.  In 1774 and 1775 the British raided the magazines in the Massachusetts and Virginia colonies to try to prevent armed rebellion.  I think these events in part were what stimulated the Founders to add the second amendment.

The modern equivalent of a 1790s militia would be the National Guard, and so far nobody has talked about disarming them.  That is what is protected, not individuals owning guns outside of a militia.  Firearm ownership outside of a militia is not mentioned by the Constitution, so on that issue it is silent.  In the 1790s firearms were mostly flintlock muskets, which require a powder cartridge rammed in the barrel that is ignited by a flash of gunpowder started by a spark from flint hitting steel.  Guns were made by hand, so were not easily available and quite expensive - your average citizen certainly would not have owned one unless they needed it for hunting.  Keeping a lot of gunpowder in houses that were lit and heated by open flames was not a great idea, hence the communal magazines for the militias.  The Founding Fathers were very reasonable in most of their beliefs, and I am quite certain they would be appalled at how their words have been misconstrued to facilitate the rampant killing in this country.  It is a shame that one organization has been able to buy off so many members of Congress and get like-minded numbskulls appointed to the "Supreme" court to foist this travesty on the rest of us.  We don't need to amend the constitution, just read what is written and understand its historical context.  Unfortunately, that seems impossible so maybe it is time for the people to take back the country and rewrite that amendment in a way that could not by misinterpreted.

In Australia, after a series of shootings they put restrictions on gun ownership in 1996 and problems since then have dropped to almost none.  The American people need to be as sensible as the Australians.

The police killings of course are an entirely different matter and a very difficult problem.  Obviously the police do a very difficult job and have to make life-or-death decisions in a split second.  If they hesitate they might be killed.  On the other hand, it is quite clear that the police have been literally getting away with murder probably going back thousands of years and that needs to stop.  Finding the right balance so the police can protect themselves (and us!) while making sure those who cross the line are identified and punished is more difficult.  More cameras and a mandatory review plus a thorough psych evaluation of every cop who shoots someone (to identify any potential psychopaths) would be a good first step.

excellent excellent  post, cant be repeated enough

Shelma1

• stockcoalition.org
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2016, 06:03 »
+7
Obviously there's a problem in the US that there isn't in lots of other countries but that makes it harder to understand why letting people that are mentally unstable have guns that can kill many people in a few minutes is a good idea.

The gun lobby might be taken more seriously if they attempted to tackle the problems in US society, instead of thinking Donald Trump will sort it out.

The gun lobby is interested in only one thing, and that is selling guns. They represent gun manufacturers. Gun ownership as a percentage of U.S. population has been declining for decades. So the only way to increase gun sales and stay in businesses is to convince a shrinking number of people that they must arm themselves with more and bigger, more expensive guns.

That's why the gun lobby is so hell-bent on fighting any gun restriction, no matter how small or sensible; any restriction at all shrinks the consumer base even more quickly, and gun manufacturers will have to spend more money convincing even fewer people that they need even more guns.That's why ridiculous mass murder machines like the AK-15 or whatever each gun manufacturer calls their brand of shoot-em-up Rambo movie machine gun has become so crazily popular. Because if you' re selling guns to fewer people each year, then the guns themselves have to be bigger and more expensive so your profits continue to rise.

Gun manufacturers and the gun lobby are sociopaths who literally look forward to each mass shooting and see the deaths of more than 30,000 people per year as a business opportunity.

Edited to add: One of the reasons the number of gun owners is shrinking is because they kill themselves, taking themselves "off the market." The largest group of gun deaths in the USA is white men committing suicide, which is more than half of all gun deaths. 16,000 fewer gun owners each year simply because of suicide. And white men are the group most likely to own guns.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 08:32 by Shelma1 »

« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2016, 18:18 »
+1

If you think that by outlawing guns that criminals and thugs won't have guns you are fooling yourself, just look at the terror attack on France that has the strictest gun laws. Hmm they seemed to have guns! There will always be a black market for guns. You might want to learn about Ghost Guns, most criminals seek to buy those. Millions of Americans own guns yet there are not millions of gun related deaths thats because most Americans are law abiding citizens who want to protect their families from people who do things like these snipers.

Ok I'll bite. How do you explain why people in countries with liberal gun laws like Saudia Arabia or Iraq couldn't prevent terrorist attacks recently. Since you're stating that a country with strict gun laws like France would be able to when they have liberal gun laws. Your logic here doesn't make sense.

Or a country like Iceland with the highest gun rate per capita has 0 homocides.

I think it's just the people's mentality and how people have been brought up that kills people.

I didn't say France could have stopped it, read my post and you will see that, my argument is that unless you rid the world of all weapons their will never be peace. Since their is no way to rid the world of weapons or violent people it is therefore better for people to be able to defend themselves and since guns will always exist I choose a gun to defend my family and myself.

As far as Saudi Arabia and Irag are concerned guns cant stop whats happening there. However I bet if you do live there you would be happy to own a gun to defend your family. If they didn't have guns there, the terrorist would still have them! And if they didn't have them they would be using swords. As for France this completes my argument, no one was supposed to be able to have guns in France and yet TaDa the Terrorists have GUNS! so gun control only unarmed the citizens of France who were then sitting ducks for insane people to kill them. If some of the law abiding citizens in France had guns they could have fought back and there would have been less deaths of innocent people.

Yet this common sense logic does not make sense to any of you because you people have been brainwashed by the liberal media and it is people like you who will get us all killed! Wait until this country collapses, its coming in your lifetime, and you find yourself in a situation like people did in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina, or currently in Venezuela, you will wish you had a gun when that day comes! There is not enough cops or military to police the entire United States and if you think they will be there to save you, you're foolish.

As far as people have been brought up and their mentality is concerned I agree with you 100%

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2016, 01:37 »
+6
Common sense logic leads me to look at countries where fewer people are killed by guns and wonder what they do.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 04:28 by Pauws99 »

« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2016, 03:15 »
+7
America will never give up its moronic maverick cowboy gun culture since the balance of power believe it's a birthright. The really idiotic ones think guns are a great form of self defence. I call it deluded paranoia and/or denial.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 03:17 by pkphotos »

« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2016, 06:07 »
+1
Two things,

1.  When a police officer says "show me your hands" or "put your hands behind your back", do it like the rest of us do.  Much more than half of the shootings by police are of people who refuse to obey the law.  No matter what color you are if you refuse to obey a police officer trying to control a situation things are going to get rough.  If you have a knife/gun and refuse to drop it good chance is your going to get shot.  It is not the guns,  it is (in a couple of the cases) poor decisions by cops,  It is a lot of times young kids that want to be a bad a**.  Things in this country would change immediately If thugs would simply obey the law.   

The true problem is the way kids are raised.

2.  Raise the age for owning guns and drinking.

« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2016, 06:11 »
+5
Summary execution seems a rather harsh punishment for not obeying a cop

« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2016, 06:16 »
+1
You seem to be forgetting the dead cops we keep burying.  Yes,  we have people who should not be a cop,  yes that is process we need to change as well,  and it is with cops going to jail for murder.  What some people,  especially in other countries seem to not get from the media,  is how many of the citizens are getting robbed and killed everyday from these thugs. 

Anyone that doesn't think so can should become a law enforcement officer and see for themselves.  Read/watch the news of old ladies being dragged by their purse,  old ladies being killed in their homes,  young girls being dragged away from their mothers in Walmart.

Go gettim cops,  go gettim !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I were allowed to hang anyone it would be glorifying news media that pumps a story that will sell regardless of the truth.

you can't build a house without someone stealing from it,  park a car without someone breaking the glass, over and over in this country we are besieged by thugs,  most of them young or on drugs.
Many cops are shot as they walk up to a car,  we have many sad stories of the wrong things in this country,  the good people die,  the good cops die,  the innocent are always paying the price.

But we can easily solve 90% of the problem,     "let me see your hands,  Yes officer,  here they are ""

There is a game being played in this country,   "Lets mess with the cops".
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 06:30 by old crow »

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2016, 06:31 »
+5
You know how many cops were shot in the Uk? Doesn't that make you pause and think something might not be quite right? UK police are not routinely armed. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_police_officers_killed_in_the_line_of_duty