MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: No sales, no downloads and no views?  (Read 14590 times)

« on: July 14, 2016, 00:23 »
I see that depositphotos isn't working too good for me..
whatever new content I upload, gets less to no views, no downloads

is dp is really working for you people?

Chichikov

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 00:45 »
+11
Depositphotos is not suitable for commercial use

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 10:11 »
One of the problems their high rejection rate of photos which, in their perception, lack commercial value. Several of my images they rejected have sold elsewhere.

However, they seem to have approved my best selling photos, and those also don't sell there.

So I don't know. My port is still very small to draw any conclusions, but I keep uploading there in the same manner that people buy stocks when they are low hoping one day they will value.

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 04:38 »
+4

I uploaded 800 stills on to this site some of which do very well on other sites in 7 months i have only earned $12.65  ss made me $430.00 over that same period. I have decided not to upload any more files to this site.

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 05:22 »

I uploaded 800 stills on to this site some of which do very well on other sites in 7 months i have only earned $12.65  ss made me $430.00 over that same period. I have decided not to upload any more files to this site.

Same is the case with me.. stuffs uploaded at dp earned me around 23$ in 11 months while I have gained much in other platforms.
I think they are no more taking interest to it, they will soon be dried this way, like many others in list.

JaenStock

• Bad images can sell.
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 06:36 »
+3

hahahahha...DP is horrible web!!

dpimborough

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 01:49 »
Nothing but 30 cent sales and even those are fixed every month 17 downloads plus or minus 1

I don't bother with them anymore

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2016, 06:14 »
+1
Important stock photo terms

Stock photos can basically be classed as royalty-free and rights-managed images. You will also have to keep in mind if you want your images to be exclusive or none exclusive. Here are a few terms that will be thrown around 

Royalty free (RF) - images have a single download fee per customer which then grants them the permission to use the image as many times as they want (according to their agreement). They are a lot more affordable than RM but will be downloaded a lot more frequently and may be seen all over the internet.

Rights managed (RM) - images are sold for variable amounts based on how they are intended to be used, the size of the image ad ho log the are intended to be used for. The sell less often but but for a larger amount of money. Its a benefit for the client to have an image that not many other people have used

Exclusive Uploaded to one stock website only and cannot be sold elsewhere unless you request to remove it from the site. Your images can still be sold as art prints and through your own website, just not on other stock websites.

Macrostock The traditional way of selling stock photos. Generally aimed at professional level photographers with professional kit. You can earn between $30 $3000 per image depending on the usage and exclusivity of the image and website. Less regular sales than microstock.   

None Exclusive Upload to any number of microstock websites. Variable commissions per photo per stock site but these are explained to you when you sign up. A lot of sites increase your rate when you have hit a certain amount of downloads. Your cut from Shutterstock, for example, will start at $0.25 and then increase to $0.33 after $500 worth of images has been sold. You a eventually earn up to $0.38 This might not sound a lot but when you have reached that amount you will be selling a lot of photos each day. These prices apply to subscription based sales. One off or enhanced photo sales can earn you up to $28 a time.

Microstock Some professional photographers may look down their noses at microstock photographers as they feel like they are being priced out of the market. Why hire a professional for 500 when you have so much choice online for just $1 an image? Obviously there is a huge benefit to hiring a professional for a custom job, But as microstock websites are growing at such a rate you just need to adapt and grow with them. None exclusive images can earn you as low as $0.15 a download but the point of microstock is to have a large portfolio and sell a lot of images every day.

Midstock Typically microstock websites that offer premium rates To become a stock photographer you have to get over the fact that you may only receive about $0.25 (or less!) for the download of a high resolution image. The person buying your photo may have spent several hundred dollars on a subscription to the stock website letting them download a large amount of images per month.

Source - Microstock Diaries newbielink:http://www.microstockdiaries.com [nonactive]
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 06:20 by Richa »

Chichikov

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2016, 06:16 »
+1
Nothing but 30 cent sales and even those are fixed every month 17 downloads plus or minus 1

I wonder where are the $0.40 and $0.44 sales that we were used to get one or two years ago.
For me they suddenly disappeared

dpimborough

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2016, 15:13 »

I wonder where are the $0.40 and $0.44 sales that we were used to get one or two years ago.

Probably in to some one elses pockets  ;)

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2016, 03:35 »
These guys have a very good alexa ranking of their website, but I think they do not care about the business and do not want it to grow. They should sell the website to any responsible person.

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2016, 04:17 »
Depositphotos is a great site for illustrations. Very steady and reliable income with 100 percent acceptance rate. 1 refusal out of three thousand images.

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2016, 07:11 »
+2
Depositphotos is a great site for illustrations. Very steady and reliable income with 100 percent acceptance rate. 1 refusal out of three thousand images.

I create vectors and yes they have 100% acceptance ratio with nearly 0% sale.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 07:26 by Artist »

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2016, 10:31 »
+1

There was a royalty cut last year in September, we were notified by email: http://www.microstockdiaries.com/depositphotos-raises-prices-and-lowers-royalties.html

All I get is $0.3 subs for a long time. Maybe their so called "new DPC" has something to do with these subs.

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2016, 14:32 »
My editorial stuff does OK there.