MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Just when you thought It couldn't get worse.  (Read 52473 times)

« Reply #250 on: July 22, 2016, 14:20 »
+1
so now it is the algorithm? boy you are confusing

« Reply #251 on: July 22, 2016, 14:38 »
+1

the most downloads come from europe and the states, at 5pm in the US theres basically no one working till 9am in europe.

your statements are emotional rather than factual

LMAO and yours are not???
who are you really?
that you see and hear all things between 5pm US and 9 am in EU???

some kind of one-eyed genie LMAO

« Reply #252 on: July 22, 2016, 14:46 »

sorry but who buys images at night?

European nights are business hours in America, South-America etc. and of course vice-versa.

the most downloads come from europe and the states, at 5pm in the US theres basically no one working till 9am in europe.

waaaa, for someone so myopic who has apparently not been able to see beyond the tip of your nose,
it's amazing how you can see so far beyond to know
such FACTS
at 5pm in the US theres basically no one working till 9am in europe.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #253 on: July 22, 2016, 14:51 »
so now it is the algorithm? boy you are confusing

yes, i am sure it must be ...
confusing ...
for someone who confuses ss buyers for mall-rats
who doesn't work between 5pm and 9 am
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #254 on: July 22, 2016, 15:27 »
+1
LDV81, please explain why people suddenly see a massive drop one day to the next, as happened in this july for a lot of people ?

The agency may change the search algorithm whenever they want. I noticed that after a very good day at SS I am now usually punished with pathetic sales on the next day. It feels like they switch off parts of my port in certain markets. Some of the other sites also seem to have a kind of "rotation".

And that's the whole point I am trying to make. They have no obligations towards contributors only towards shareholders. For crying out loud, you can't change that. That's the way it is. What do you want do? A hunger strike? No point complaining, got to adapt and find alternatives.

That is why successful and smart co-ops with limited memberships and exclusive images are the only way for full-time contributors to survive in the stock business in the long run.

red -  statements your points
i) glad you agree there is some kind of manipulation unlike some handful who insist
it's not happening
ii) why would ss encourage the established contributors to exodus to stocksy,etc???
would they not be chopping off their own feet?

otoh, shareholders plan is short-term and really do not care if tomorrow , after they short their holdings , ss no longer exists, ... sort of a repeat of istock.

i try to see your point though. since we are not able to storm ss HO for not being
a native in that city, luckily for them most of us are not,
there is really nothing else we can do...

but vent !!!
ranting does send out a message to other potential shareholders
that all is not good at ss.
this will drop the share prices ,
so it is not useless rant as you say it is.

you can still hit them in the pocketbook by ranting here and ss forum
to show other shareholders it is not long-term that ss current look for.
iow, you go in now, and you will be left holding the bag
when the majority shareholders sell and take profit at your expense.

Stocksy is limited to a few hundred photographers.  There will be no exodus to them... unless they change the rules.   

Exactly. Stocksy also plays in a "parallel" market with different style, different price range, different concept.

But there is room for other co-ops serving SS's market. Even then SS would not care, at least at first. It is a BUYER'S MARKET, so suppliers must come up with a smart model, or they will go out of business. SS does what they think is good for their bottom line "at the moment", and it is their right and it will not change anytime soon.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 15:38 by LDV81 »

« Reply #255 on: July 22, 2016, 15:35 »
+2

but vent !!!
ranting does send out a message to other potential shareholders
that all is not good at ss.
this will drop the share prices ,
so it is not useless rant as you say it is.[/color]

you can still hit them in the pocketbook by ranting here and ss forum
to show other shareholders it is not long-term that ss current look for.
iow, you go in now, and you will be left holding the bag
when the majority shareholders sell and take profit at your expense.

Rants on MSG or SS Forum are interesting only to other contributors. The impact of a 10 thousand page long thread would be negligible.
The world outside does not follow MSG or SS Contributors' Forum.

And rant against what??

- that the search algorithm changed or changes, or the changes might possibly be not in your favor?
- that there are too many contributors at the top agency?

These two things won't change, so you have to adapt and learn to live with them. In other words, think how to survive lightning strikes, invest in a lightning rod and don't try to eliminate thunderstorms or rant against them.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 15:46 by LDV81 »

« Reply #256 on: July 22, 2016, 15:47 »
+1

Rants on MSG or SS Forum are interesting only to other contributors. The impact of a 10 thousand page long thread would be negligible.

And rant against what??

- that the search algorithm changed or changes, and the changes are not in your favor?
- that there are too many contributors?

These two things won't change, so you have to adapt and learn to live with them.

things may not change,
but do not unestimate the power of the rant

bill gates once said to his employees,
when one person is happy with our product, he tells one person;
when one person is unhappy with our product, he tells a hundred (or whatever the number).

to say adapt and accept it, is to work to the gull of the culprit.
you may be willing to adapt, but others here like rinderhart,etc
prefer to let it be heard.

that too is not going to change..

nothing in a forum is negligible
if you can say one page says more than 1000 pages,
fine with you..
but others beg to differ.

a long time ago in Holland , as it used to be called, someone said the same thing
about a tiny hole in the dyke.. "negligible"
and it ended up drowning alot of people.

...is just what you perceive ...
others disgree with you ,
like you disagree with them.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 15:59 by etudiante_rapide »

« Reply #257 on: July 22, 2016, 17:23 »
+2
These two things won't change, so you have to adapt and learn to live with them. In other words, think how to survive lightning strikes, invest in a lightning rod and don't try to eliminate thunderstorms or rant against them.

very wise words,
but way before Franklin went out to fly a kite in a thunderstorm,
many people got together and caused a great wall to crumble with their "rant" in unison. ;)

« Reply #258 on: July 22, 2016, 17:56 »
let's make one thing clear,
i am not here to cause a great divide between the rinderhart, mantis, ...
and the micro,LDV,...
and the pauw,etc..
we are all in the same boat.
if an agency $cr*ws rinderhart, mantis,etc...
they will eventually $cr*w the micro, LDV, pauws, too...
in spite of the division, to the amusement of the shareholders.

if i were the manipulative major shareholders who is out to make a killing soon to short my stocks
of ss and see them go the way of istock,
i would at the meeting point out boldly IN RED

since when have the contributors been united enough to cause a revolt?
they always end up adapting to our whims,
and to eat $h*t we crap on them...

there will always be a majority who will say nothing and kiss our rear ends

sure, we can keep adapt and learn to set up a lighting rod instead of ranting

but be careful, if you f*rt around too much with your lightning rod
to adapt every time to the whims of the shareholders,
you might end up causing the lighting to do a curve-ball
and end up
striking you in your rear end.

then, instead of having a brown-nose,
you will end up with an @r$eh*le
the size of a crater.

and no major shareholder is going to come visit you at the gyno clinic
nor subsidize you for your faithfulness like a lapdog.
(meanwhile, just make sure to keep a good supply of lubricant)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 23:18 by etudiante_rapide »

w7lwi

• Those that don't stand up to evil enable evil.
« Reply #259 on: July 22, 2016, 19:04 »
+1

I wondered if anyone else would pick up on this ridiculous statement.  Talk about non factual.  Perhaps your port only sells at the times you note, but others are much more diversified. 

Assuming you mean 5pm at SS HQ, that's 2PM on the west coast, middle of the working day.  It's also the start of the day in Australia and other Pacific nations and people in eastern Asia are just waking up, preparing to start their days.  I have sales from all over the globe, including the above mentioned Pacific nations, as well as much of Asia and the Indian sub-continent.  I assume much of these come before 9am in Europe.  Which brings up the question what do you mean by "Europe?"  There are three to four different time zones across the European continent, so which do you mean?  By the time it's 9am in London, people in other parts of Europe have already been at work for some time.

You are probably correct for most of us stating that the majority of sales come from the US and Europe.  However, for myself at least, I'd estimate the between 10 and 20 percent of my sales come from other areas of the world.  So while you are snuggled tightly in bed, dreaming of all the EL's and SOD's to come, the rest of the world's several billion people are hard at work, including, for some of them at least, buying images from SS and other agencies.

« Reply #260 on: July 22, 2016, 23:19 »
+2
you are contradicting yourself and then actually confirm what i said,

have you ever seen this infograph? http://www.shutterstock.com/blog/contributor-earnings-report or read an annual report http://investor.shutterstock.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=251362&p=proxy

it is not weird to think that during the european night there is not as much activity on a portfolio predominantly containing western images

maybe your portfolio is selling as much  during your evening and early night, as it does during the day, mine isnt, which is not weird

NA and EU together have  73% of ss sales, ROW has 27%

lets say 5pm in LA, is 3am in romania, so for 6 hours there is no one working in the us and eu, which is what i said in not so many words

so no, my statement is not ridiculous and based on facts, i never said there are no downloads during the night,

« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 02:01 by Microstockphoto »

« Reply #261 on: July 23, 2016, 03:15 »
+2
What an annoying topic.

« Reply #262 on: July 23, 2016, 09:38 »
+1

I wondered if anyone else would pick up on this ridiculous statement
.  Talk about non factual.  Perhaps your port only sells at the times you note, but others are much more diversified. 

Assuming you mean 5pm at SS HQ, that's 2PM on the west coast, middle of the working day.  It's also the start of the day in Australia and other Pacific nations and people in eastern Asia are just waking up, preparing to start their days.  I have sales from all over the globe, including the above mentioned Pacific nations, as well as much of Asia and the Indian sub-continent.  I assume much of these come before 9am in Europe.  Which brings up the question what do you mean by "Europe?"  There are three to four different time zones across the European continent, so which do you mean?  By the time it's 9am in London, people in other parts of Europe have already been at work for some time.

You are probably correct for most of us stating that the majority of sales come from the US and Europe.  However, for myself at least, I'd estimate the between 10 and 20 percent of my sales come from other areas of the world.  So while you are snuggled tightly in bed, dreaming of all the EL's and SOD's to come, the rest of the world's several billion people are hard at work, including, for some of them at least, buying images from SS and other agencies.

+10

« Reply #263 on: July 23, 2016, 09:41 »
+1
LDV81, please explain why people suddenly see a massive drop one day to the next, as happened in this july for a lot of people ?

The agency may change the search algorithm whenever they want. I noticed that after a very good day at SS I am now usually punished with pathetic sales on the next day. It feels like they switch off parts of my port in certain markets. Some of the other sites also seem to have a kind of "rotation".

And that's the whole point I am trying to make. They have no obligations towards contributors only towards shareholders. THERE'S TOO MANY SUPPLIERS, so they can afford to lose some. For crying out loud, you can't change that. That's the way it is. What do you want do? A hunger strike? No point complaining, got to adapt and find alternatives.

That is why successful and smart co-ops with limited memberships and exclusive images are the only way for full-time contributors to survive in the stock business in the long run.

Correct!  no obligations at all only all their 80 mil so called assets belong to us.

+10
i am not as astute as you are,
but you summed it all up so much better than i can in one sentence.
well said.

naturally, to a handful here, this single sentence is going to go pass their brain so fast,
they still won't get what either of us and rinderhart are trying to say.

dogs will believe anything ... and tweedle dee and tweedle dum will always contradict
everyone else.

« Reply #264 on: July 23, 2016, 09:53 »
+12
etudiante_rapide, i think you should relax...

« Reply #265 on: July 23, 2016, 10:21 »

LOL, thx...
must be all that marijuana i sniffed at the national day parade .
strong stuff !!!
have a good weekend ;)

« Reply #266 on: July 23, 2016, 12:51 »
😎

madman

This user is banned.
« Reply #267 on: July 28, 2016, 09:55 »
+1
istock was changed their prices too low a couple years ago by the subscription plan, do you think why you need it? sure due to other low priced microstock agencies... now I want to ask you guys, why you upload your pictures and allow to sell your images so low prices other agencies before, when istock has pay you much more royalties? now istock is one of them, too... low prices, low commission pays, this is the cause of your symptoms. I know here is SS forums... These are linked to each other ... These are my thoughts...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 10:38 by madman »

« Reply #268 on: August 01, 2016, 10:19 »
+4
...This july has be a disaster. Less than My commissions from 10 Years ago...

...heads up, here come your new forum posters. they will be here real soon. I won't,  I'll be out making Money, these fools have no idea about that part because we know how...

Rinder I've gotta ask the obvious question... Why bother? Why even post the rant if things are so bad and you know how to really make money elsewhere?

I'd have just moved on to something else if I knew a better way.

No offense meant, just really wondering. Usually when people go on a rant here (myself included) it's because we believe things can still get better. It doesn't sound like you believe that anymore.

« Reply #269 on: August 01, 2016, 10:41 »
+8
he does that for other contributors, so things get better for them, hence hes insulting them in the process, he also doesnt need the money, stock is only 20% of his income, thats why hes submitting to DP for 3% royalty, hes said he'll leave SS after hes hit 50000 posts on the forum, he loves helping newbies, which he thinks are fools, it all makes sense. ...  :o

« Reply #270 on: August 01, 2016, 14:11 »
The SS number continues to rise on the right side. Why would it rise if people aren't reporting high earnings?

The vocal minority doesn't represent everyone. Some people are doing very well and some are not. Just the nature of competition.

« Reply #271 on: August 01, 2016, 14:37 »
+1

LOL, thx...
must be all that marijuana i sniffed at the national day parade .
strong stuff !!!
have a good weekend ;)

I thought marijuana was supposed to mellow people out... :o

« Reply #272 on: August 02, 2016, 02:46 »
+2
Well, I just found out why my sales were down slightly for the month of July.

Found an infringer with over 100 pieces of my work on SS. It was some of his best sellers too. This guy literally took my work, changed some colors and re-uploaded them. Just unbelievable. Who'd thought that one of my competitors would be... myself.

If your sales are down, I suggest you do a search for your best sellers with the exact same title. These guys are too lazy to do their own titles and keywords. They copy everything word for word because they can't do it themselves.

« Reply #273 on: August 02, 2016, 04:53 »
+8

Found an infringer with over 100 pieces of my work on SS. It was some of his best sellers too. This guy literally took my work, changed some colors and re-uploaded them. Just unbelievable. Who'd thought that one of my competitors would be... myself.

If your sales are down, I suggest you do a search for your best sellers with the exact same title. These guys are too lazy to do their own titles and keywords. They copy everything word for word because they can't do it themselves.
We need to be paid the money these people make.  If SS just kick them off and pocket the money, what incentive do they have to stop this happening?  It should be easy for SS to spot this, if they are using almost identical images with the same titles as the originals.  Have you asked how much money this person made and when SS are going to pay you?  Maybe they inform every buyer that they are using stolen images and need to buy the correct one but we are never told if that happens.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 04:56 by sharpshot »

« Reply #274 on: August 02, 2016, 11:30 »
+1

Tell me how this works.   Are we assuming that the guy actually bought all 100 images from SS, at full size?  Any idea what that would cost?  The other possibility is that it's done by, or with the help of, an insider.   And given the screwy portfolios now turning up - like the one with thousands of bags of pot - I don't find that hard to believe.