MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: iStock - image "maintenance" does not work  (Read 5897 times)

« on: July 30, 2016, 06:33 »
Dear all, just logged in into my iStock account for the further deactivation of images. When clicking on the image thumbnail to edit its properties, a screen appears: "Something got scrambled" ... blocking the image "maintenance" site. Anybody else?

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 08:46 »
The site was down for official  maintenance, so probably something broke. I get the silly scrambled message just by clicking in a thum (from my phone).

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 09:21 »
Site maintenance should have been yesterday. I was just trying again (16:20 h CEST) to deactivate some files - the problem persists. Deactivation isn't possible ... Strange  >:(

Shelma1

• stockcoalition.org
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 10:03 »
+5
Yup, can't edit or deactivate files. What a strange coincidence that they knew they'd be hit with a billion-dollar lawsuit, sent an email telling us they'd be disabling this feature in August, then the ability to deactivate files "broke" after "routine maintenance" in July, just after the news of the lawsuit made the rounds.

Weird!

ShadySue

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 11:08 »
Site maintenance should have been yesterday. I was just trying again (16:20 h CEST) to deactivate some files - the problem persists. Deactivation isn't possible ... Strange  >:(
Now on my desktop, Win/FF, and deactivation is possible.

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 12:41 »
+1
Shelma is exactly on the point. Just tried again - Win/Firefox - no chance to edit. Apple iPad - does not work. Lenovo tablet - does not work. Later on  i'll try again with my Mac. So far no possibility or option to deactivate files ...

ShadySue

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2016, 13:00 »
It's still working here (time is GMT):

However, some people elsewhere have been reporting other serious changes to the UI which I'm not seeing, so maybe they're rolling out stuff geographically (?)
Or maybe it's a geographic bug (?)

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2016, 15:32 »
+3
Yup, can't edit or deactivate files. What a strange coincidence that they knew they'd be hit with a billion-dollar lawsuit, sent an email telling us they'd be disabling this feature in August, then the ability to deactivate files "broke" after "routine maintenance" in July, just after the news of the lawsuit made the rounds.

Weird!

Oh yes, purely coincidence!  ;)

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 03:20 »
+1
So today (10:00 CEST) i tried again to deactivate some files again. This time on my Mac. Guess what happened? Nothing! The same strange site with "Something got scrambled. We're sorry, something went wrong. Try refreshing the page or check @iStock for updates. Our best techies are working hard to put everything back together again." So apparently i've lost control over my files ... >:(

ShadySue

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2016, 04:52 »
+4
Must be a geographic blip. Still working here as of this moment at least, 10:52 BST.

UPDATE: having checked the bugs thread over there, which you could have done just as easily, it seems that the scrambled bug is if you click on a thum in My Uploads, and indeed doing that, I got the same error message.

However, you have NOT, for now, lost control over your files, as if you click on a file via your portfolio, you still have access to deactivate them, albeit a click more inconvenient.

So, at this point in time, it's incompetence rather than malice.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 06:20 by ShadySue »

Shelma1

• stockcoalition.org
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2016, 07:30 »
+1
No malice? They disabled the feature in My Uploads to make deactivating files based on specific criterianumber of sales, for exampleeven more difficult. Now it requires cross-checking across two browser tabs.

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2016, 12:30 »
+3
Red flags multiplied

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2016, 14:32 »
+3
ShadySue, your workaround tip was useful! However it is a quite tedious procedure though it works.

ShadySue

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2016, 15:00 »
+1
ShadySue, your workaround tip was useful! However it is a quite tedious procedure though it works.
For sure it's tedious, but the thums in My Uploads are so tiny, I can hardly make them out, so doing it via my port setting refinements to help me choose which to deactivate is how I do it.