pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Pond5 "verify your account" = real ?  (Read 10487 times)

« on: August 11, 2016, 15:09 »
+2
I got this mail :

Your Action Is Required.
We take protecting our artists and their intellectual property very seriously. We are currently taking major steps across the site to ensure that both our artists and buyers are protected from fraudulent content. In order to do this, we need your help please take a moment to confirm and verify your identity with us.
The deadline to verify your account is August 26th.

My name is spelled correctly, which makes it look real, but the sender is :   [email protected] = looks like phishing

Any one else got this mail?  Can any one from Pond5 tell me if this comes from them or not?  I'm not going to click that "VERIFY YOUR ACCOUNT" button without knowing for sure.

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 16:08 »
It's fake.

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 17:25 »
It looks similar to there attempt last month on the same subject, but last month's didn't seem to have that email address.

http://www.microstockgroup.com/pond5/addition-contributor-infor-needed-email-spam-or-legit/

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 21:55 »
+3
why ask a bunch of strangers and on a forum instead of emailing p5, that would be the safest option

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 01:05 »
+6
why ask a bunch of strangers and on a forum instead of emailing p5, that would be the safest option

After so many years on this forum, I really don't see you as strangers any more  ;D

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 01:48 »
seems not like spam.
I giving them a link to another portfolio and they send a second later a comfirmation email.

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 01:50 »
+2
seems not like spam.
I giving them a link to another portfolio and they send a second later a comfirmation email.

i have to correct me seems like spam the domain is on wufoo.com! :o

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 03:22 »
+2
AND do inform them about this. I don't think they monitor our talks here at all.
Or I am deluding myself.  8)

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 03:36 »
+1
AND do inform them about this. I don't think they monitor our talks here at all.
Or I am deluding myself.  8)

OK, done!

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2016, 05:01 »
+1
I already got a reply from Pond5 :  it's an official request for verification from Pond5.  Oh well, I better be just a bit too paranoide than get my account(s) hacked  ;D

Reason for verification :  they need to know if I'm a real photographer, so they wanted some proof (like my official website, screenshot of my workspace etc.).  I've been with Pond5 since 2011 ...

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2016, 05:51 »
I already got a reply from Pond5 :  it's an official request for verification from Pond5.  Oh well, I better be just a bit too paranoide than get my account(s) hacked  ;D

Reason for verification :  they need to know if I'm a real photographer, so they wanted some proof (like my official website, screenshot of my workspace etc.).  I've been with Pond5 since 2011 ...

So this email address is theirs?
[email protected]
 :o  :o  :o

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2016, 05:56 »
+2

[email protected]

Yes, that's what they confirmed.  As if they WANT me to think it's a phishing mail  :o
Anyway, after I did click the suspicious button, all they asked for was proof that I was a photographer (I gave my website address, any one can find that on google), and they did not ask for any password or so (which one would expect from a hacker).

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2016, 06:00 »

[email protected]

Yes, that's what they confirmed.  As if they WANT me to think it's a phishing mail  :o
Anyway, after I did click the suspicious button, all they asked for was proof that I was a photographer (I gave my website address, any one can find that on google), and they did not ask for any password or so (which one would expect from a hacker).

Ha ha...What a joke!
One got to wonder how many fraudulent accounts exist on their web site.  ::)

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2016, 19:40 »
I just got the same email

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2016, 08:34 »
When I hit the suspicious button nothing happened.

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2016, 08:35 »
+2
I just received a final notice from Pond5, asking me to verify my identity, but the 'Verify Now' button in the email is not working for me. Also, I've already received a similar email two months ago and completed the online form already. Really not sure if this one is a spam or not. I've contact the support but no reply yet.

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2016, 09:39 »
I just received a final notice from Pond5, asking me to verify my identity, but the 'Verify Now' button in the email is not working for me. Also, I've already received a similar email two months ago and completed the online form already. Really not sure if this one is a spam or not. I've contact the support but no reply yet.

Always helps to check Pond5's forum:
https://www.pond5.com/community?forum=715&thread=57916413&page=2

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2016, 09:40 »
+1
Getting really bored with p5 now.  Verified my account late last year.  Now I get this 24hr verification email.  I hope it's in error.  Not home right now and I don't think I will be doing much verifying in the next 24 hours. Some of us don't sit by our computers 24/7/365

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2016, 11:48 »
+1
Real e-mail as in from Pond5, yes. But it wasn't sent to all the right places...