MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: SS Clawback  (Read 9370 times)

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2016, 00:11 »
+2
i got both jokes, only referring to the last one not being funny

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2016, 00:11 »
+1
Gonna have to start calling them iSS.

Don't you mean ISIS?
thats not funny

She's comparing them to iStock, combining the initials iS + SS = iSS.  Which is funny to me because it's so true. 

She is obviously not comparing them to a gang of terrorists, which would NOT be funny.

In that case, she should explain too, even I thought she is comparing it to ISIS, until you gave the correction

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2016, 02:09 »
+6
shelma wasnt referring to the terrorist organisation, the next one was,

anyway, the money has been clawed back

Justanotherphotographer

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2016, 02:24 »
+6
shelma wasnt referring to the terrorist organisation, the next one was,

anyway, the money has been clawed back
This is clearly what happened, could we get back on track now please!

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2016, 04:46 »
+1
Some people are just dumb.

Back to the topic.

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2016, 09:01 »
+3
It's a screw-up but it's not really a clawback.

Clawback generally refers to cases where a sale was made and credited but then the agency removed the credited sale because:

1) The buyer used a fraudulent account or credit card and the agency took the money back after the fact.
2) The buyer changed their mind after the purchase and asked for a refund.

In those cases, our content was delivered to a customer and then our earnings were taken back.  This case is different.

I have never had SS actually do a clawback.  Other agencies do it a lot (e.g., IS, DT)

Just sayin.

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2016, 09:10 »
It's a screw-up but it's not really a clawback.

Clawback generally refers to cases where a sale was made and credited but then the agency removed the credited sale because:

1) The buyer used a fraudulent account or credit card and the agency took the money back after the fact.
2) The buyer changed their mind after the purchase and asked for a refund.

In those cases, our content was delivered to a customer and then our earnings were taken back.  This case is different.

I have never had SS actually do a clawback.  Other agencies do it a lot (e.g., IS, DT)

Just sayin.

As far as I know there are no refunds/ money back for downloads at SS, only for active, unused plans:
http://www.shutterstock.com/support/article/Does-Shutterstock-offer-refunds?l=en_US&c=CustomerKB%3ARefunds&fs=Search&pn=1

Shelma1

• stockcoalition.org
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2016, 09:20 »
+7

Don't you mean ISIS?
thats not funny

She's comparing them to iStock, combining the initials iS + SS = iSS.  Which is funny to me because it's so true. 

She is obviously not comparing them to a gang of terrorists, which would NOT be funny.

In that case, she should explain too, even I thought she is comparing it to ISIS, until you gave the correction

It's amazing how the human mind works. To me it was obvious I was combining iS and SS, since iS is famous for clawbacks and technical snafus, and unfortunately SS is headed down that path.

Chichikov

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2016, 10:19 »
+4
[]
It's amazing how the human mind works. To me it was obvious I was combining iS and SS, since iS is famous for clawbacks and technical snafus, and unfortunately SS is headed down that path.

It is normal, on this forum you will always find people (always the same) making stories about any thing
Strange that they did not make stories about SS (Schutzstaffel)

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2016, 10:44 »
I had a couple so its not half of total....no email yet. I noticed the magic words "we apologize for our error" seem to be missing.

They don't apologize anymore, but assume that it's all common knowledge.
Its a "corporate w**nkspeak" no mistake only issues that are somehow nobodies fault just random events that no one could have foreseen. The mail is a masterpiece of the art .....they are spending money on improving stuff so actually its a good thing really..........and they thank us my our understanding...no I don't understand how an organisation that says its IT driven can make such a basic mistake.

LOL, how true , all!!!
reminds me of some incident i watched as i happen to pass by a commotion:
-apparently the rich dude came home (smelling more than pissed as a brewery) drove into his garage
ignoring the side walls wrecking the family's BMW.
to everyone's astonishment he dragged himself out of the car screaming , "whatdafark whose f*cking idea was to have built the garage so small???"

that would be in line to expecting an apology from our godsgawds at shutterstockmentali

dbvirago

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2016, 16:44 »
+1
I had a higher than normal amount of double sales today. I hope it's not another 'display problem'

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2016, 03:22 »
`seems they are screwing up again, i am getting double sods, which cant be a good sign. sigh