pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: No search results, no image portfolio  (Read 9692 times)

Shelma1

• stockcoalition.org
« on: August 24, 2016, 20:16 »
+2
Anyone else?

Shelma1

• stockcoalition.org
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 20:28 »
+1
They just posted on FB that they're having issues. More sales lost...

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 20:29 »
same here

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 20:46 »
same here

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 20:48 »
+4

so, this must be that upgrading they were referring to, huh???
IT genius, way to go, shutterstock !!!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 20:51 by etudiante_rapide »

Rinderart

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 20:55 »
11 years on SS . this is totally Bizarre. today one min I have nothing But Footage and no Images. Then I have 900 Images [I have 6200] then I have nothing. Man. This is really Outrageous.  Im writing a Letter to Jon. and BTW Im Having a 2011 Month. Like Huge Numbers. That part IM very excited about and......all my sites have been great in august. Go Figure.

marthamarks

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 21:07 »
Yep, same here.

The site reports: "We're sorry, but we were not able to load this contributor's gallery at the moment. Please try again. If the problem continues, please reach out to our customer support."

angelawaye

• Eat, Sleep, Keyword. Repeat

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 21:30 »
+3
Me too...

Oh for the love of God, I hope they aren't changing the algorithm again ...

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 21:53 »
My portfolio is back, both on the contributor and the client side.  Just as well it happened during off-peak hours.

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2016, 23:47 »
+6
When I joined this group SS was always being praised for their consistency and reliability, more than any other site.  Boy, how things have changed.  Why didn't they learn from the mistakes of other sites that lost customers by having site glitches and other IT problems.

Maybe they should direct more resources to site reliability and away from fattening their library exponentially with mediocre and redundant work.

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2016, 23:59 »
+3
I just know nobody can choose to have glitches....it just happens. Just like at my workplace. Also you can not keep a system forever and not try to improve just to avoid problems. Its normal to have problems especially large such a large agency ss is. If we would had control over glitches believe me nobody would have. Nobody enjoys it. IT world is not that simple.

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2016, 00:19 »
+5
I just know nobody can choose to have glitches....it just happens. Just like at my workplace. Also you can not keep a system forever and not try to improve just to avoid problems. Its normal to have problems especially large such a large agency ss is. If we would had control over glitches believe me nobody would have. Nobody enjoys it. IT world is not that simple.
Remarkable complacency yes of course things go wrong from time to time but most industries have controls in place to minimise it. When a plane crashes I dont expect an organisation to say "oh well these glitches happen every now and then"

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2016, 01:17 »
+6
Remarkable complacency yes of course things go wrong from time to time but most industries have controls in place to minimise it. When a plane crashes I dont expect an organisation to say "oh well these glitches happen every now and then"

Exactly.   THey managed to keep the site running smooth AND update it for something like 10 years and now all of a sudden they can't get anything right.  It's pretty obvious resources are being siphoned away from IT.  Suddenly changes go live without adequate BETA testing.  Same thing happened on other sites when they got greedy.

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2016, 01:50 »
+5
Puts the recent departure of the IT head a couple of months back in a different light....perhaps he saw the writing on the wall.

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2016, 01:58 »
+2
Puts the recent departure of the IT head a couple of months back in a different light....perhaps he saw the writing on the wall.

What are you talking about? He said, he wants to spend more time with his family....

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2016, 09:41 »
+1

Exactly.   THey managed to keep the site running smooth AND update it for something like 10 years and now all of a sudden they can't get anything right.  It's pretty obvious resources are being siphoned away from IT.  Suddenly changes go live without adequate BETA testing.  Same thing happened on other sites when they got greedy.

so true, pauws, pixel...
i used to work with a company like that too in the 90s. it was so well run, we were all happy to be part of that, proud employees!
then the ppl fired all the top guys and hired some guys from a competitor-firm that closed down.
and they were suddenly doing all sorts of "upgrading", BETA test, etc.. to improve our company.

and there was never anything going right.
my ex boss said, "upgrading, improvement, BETA test is our IT speak for ... we really haven't a clue what der fark  we are doing !!!"

dpimborough

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2016, 11:02 »
+2

What are you talking about? He said, he wants to spend more time with his family....

That is corporate BS for "he got fired and he hasn't got another job to go too in the near future"

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2016, 11:15 »
+3
I know, it was a joke...

ShadySue

• There is a crack in everything
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2016, 11:19 »
+5
How does Amazon manage to have no (or few, I haven't personally managed to find any) glitches when they must have a far larger customer base than any stock agency/distributor?

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2016, 11:34 »
+5
How does Amazon manage to have no (or few, I haven't personally managed to find any) glitches when they must have a far larger customer base than any stock agency/distributor?

That's exactly who I thought of when the word glitches was mentioned. I use Amazon frequently and not once have I ever experienced any kind of glitch. Same with Apple, Adobe, etc.

With the millions of dollars SS is making (and taking away from the contributors who do all the work), there is absolutely no excuse for this. Even if they are making improvements and changes, that is typically done on a different server, away from the existing site, for this very reason. So business can continue while the site is being built/upgraded/TESTED/etc. so that 99% of any "glitches" are out before the new "improved" site is launched. Companies are just too lazy and too greedy to do things the correct way, IMHO. Why pay all that extra money when they can just "half-a$$" it...who cares about inconveniencing contributors and buyers. <rant over for now>

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2016, 12:47 »
+1
Wow don't ever give anyone a break, as soon as there is trouble the slaughter line starts. What happy campers.

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2016, 13:47 »
+1

That is corporate BS for "he got fired and he hasn't got another job to go too in the near future"

seeing what has just happened, i would say that he was the stoolie
that got sacked because he spoke up about the shareholders' cousins running the office...

and now, this is the result of the cover-up

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2016, 14:27 »
+6
Wow don't ever give anyone a break, as soon as there is trouble the slaughter line starts. What happy campers.

Have contributors ever gotten a break? Since we are now down to pennies on commissions, I would have to say no.

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2016, 14:47 »
+2

clueless much???

to you, it might seems they deserved a break!
but consider how much in dollars would it account to a shortfall during the time
that clients are unable to download anything.
+ of course, how much in dollars we contributors did not earn.

and of course, again, IT f*ckup geniuses continue to be paid for their total f*ckup!!!

now, are you a fan-boy/girl???

gyllens

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2016, 15:27 »
+2
Unfortunately I think Alex Rodrigues is gone as well. He always responds to mails within a few days and now its just a flat line. Even the old guys at Bigstock seems replaced?