pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: StockXpert Image Upload Suspension  (Read 7033 times)

« on: December 11, 2007, 16:51 »
Hi guys,

As I'm sure you're aware, we are still experiencing delays with your reviews, and we truly apologize for this. To get through the backlog of images and return to the fast review times, we will be suspending new uploads for 1 week starting Wednesday, December 12th at 5pm ET. We will resume uploads on December 19th, 2007 at 5 pm ET.

You will still be able to upload and attach model and property releases.

If you have any questions in the meantime, just post them here.

Thank you so much for your patience and continued support!

-Steve (and the rest of the StockXpert team).

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 17:01 »
i think i will never uploaded pics again, my last batch all where rejected with the reason: you have enough of this kind of pics.... i understand, perhaps you have no time... but this is not the way a agency work... sorry for my bad english

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 17:13 »
All of my last batch were accepted.  I do sometimes get a lot of rejections but other sites take them, so it doesn't bother me.

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 19:39 »
Thanks Steve. Hope your troubles are all fixed soon.

Sales are good! This is a good thing.

Regards
Penny

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 20:02 »
Steve-O

I agree with the concerns about the blanket rejections. My last 2 batches were 100% shot down with the lame "we have enough of these" or "not stock photography". I previously enjoyed a 70% approval but have had a 100% rejection in the last 4 weeks...and as the usual mantra goes, "IS, DT, SS...etc. have accepted most of them".

I just hope that the reviewer(s) are not "blanket" blowing submissions out in an effort to clear out the backlog. And ironically, the 2 images that were accepted in the last 5 weeks were not accepted by anyone else...go figure.

I understand the IT issues that you guys face but PLEEEEAAASE don't let your reviewers poison the water. I HAVE ceased uploading to allow a "catch up" but also because the rejections coupled with a significant down-turn in sales has got me a bit "spooked".

Still a supporter and fan of the site, but please put a handgun to some of the reviewer's heads...they're not helping the business...yours OR ours.

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 20:19 »
I have a good concept of StockXpert's rejections, when they're technical and not "we're not looking for this".  These recent testimonies however make me worry.  Let's see what happens in my current pending submissions.

Regards,
Adelaide

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 20:34 »
I would like something from you guys:

when you say: my last batch of pictures was rejected for this and this reason...post a sample of the pictures you just uploaded...

At least, we can figure out if the reviewers were "really not on point" or if they were RIGHT ON...and i'm not only saying that for StockXpert, it goes for every other sites..

I'm not "dissing" or "stabbing" anyone but it's easy to upload 25 pictures of your cat, get them all rejected and say: all my pics were rejected , reviewers are a$$holes...

If they were right on, at least we can help you with some constructive comments....and believe me, sometimes, rejections are dumb, but i would say that 90% of the rejections  i got had the right to be rejected...try to make something constructive out of it, you're the only person responsible for the quality of your work.

Judging your own art and having it judge by someone else are two REALLY different things...

Think about it,

Math

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 20:44 »
Math,

I appreciate your logic, but a couple of years ago, I made a similar post (under a different name) and it resulted in my acount being blackballed (not StockXpert). So now I simply ghost talk just to make sure my comments do not result in any "repercussions ". For those wishing to put their work up for peer review, more power to them. However, I sell enough photos to know whether my work is "stock photography" or not. I simply want to make sure that the reviewers (of which I used to be one) are not playing hack to appease their quotas or stumping their competition.

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 21:01 »
P.S.

Your portfolio looks very good!!!
   : )

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 22:23 »
my point is only to help people with rejection, i made around 1000 submission so far, im no expert, but after 1 year of stock photo im getting a good grip of what is accepted or not...

On response to my first post in here, im willing to give back tot the community that helpped me, and give comment on rejected images to help people perfecting their skills.

I don't know why that in anyways should get my name "blacklisted"

Most comment that i heard of is, like i was saying in my reply, that most people go by the key phrase:

"Submitted 15 images, all rejected, go to hell reviewers"

Dont forget that these reviewers are seeing thousands of images per day, and even if they accepted to do that job, it can be hard for them, as it is hard for us to upload all these pictures and finding salable content.

So, if you get 30, 15 or 10 images rejected in row (it happened to me quite sometimes), you are probably doing something wrong , or you are maybe not meeting the standard or content needed by the company you are submitting to. To lighten your path, post samples of the pictures you got rejected: my pleasure and the pleasure of others in this helpful forums, will be to help you understand why you got rejected and perfect your skills.

On this, i hope, helpful note, have a good night,

Math

p.s. im sorry for typos or strange phrases, its getting late and im french, sooooooo, be nice with me :P
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 22:48 by MathieuViennet »

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 22:45 »
waaaa...i accidently hit the quote button sorry...

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 22:53 »
me just covers me arse now..i do this for fun, web designer by trade. Again, you're logic is solid in the real world, but I will no longer take chances with my income and it IS nice enjoying the anonymity of the net. I've also seen less than "constructive" commentary on this forum. Have a nice evening and merry xmas! : )

grp_photo

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 04:33 »
StockXpert is right what sense does it make to have hundreds and thousands of similar pictures in their database i prefer an easy and time-saving upload-process in combination with a strict editing anytime.
I hate then sites trying to solve the problem of too many image-submissions by a dumb and time-wasting upload-process or dumb upload limits.
I want StockXpert to be the number one in the MS-business therefore they have to be strict! Prices, sales and commissions are good at StockXpert that is what counts for me!
Please StockXpert don't get irritated by these complaints (it's human to get upset by rejections i confess that i don't like it very much myself) but
YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK DON'T CHANGE YOUR POLICY!

of course mistakes (and these are happen at all sites) should always be eliminated.

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 06:05 »
Hello, 100% rejection in my last batch too, something unusual here!

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007, 08:08 »
I'm telliing you...something has changed over the last couple of months...

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2007, 11:45 »
As an infrequent purchaser - once I needed coffee beans.  I was looking for a nice splash of beans over white to drop in the middle of a flyer.  There were pages and pages of spilled beans but they were all sharply chopped at the edge and I didn't have time for retouching.  So, they lost a sale peraphs because they had too many similars and their database was full.  I already had my credits, so it was no big loss for the agency. But if I was going to StockXpert for the first time to buy credits... that's another story.  They would have lost a new customer.

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 12:26 »
I think suspension of uploads is a good idea and it should have been done a lot earlier. but I  too am concerned about unexpected rejections.and believe me I am not uploading ten   pics of my cat in fact  I don't even have a cat .may be that's what I am missing.:)who knows?

Anyway I hope things gets back to normal soon and sales go even higher  ;D

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2007, 17:08 »
Guys,

the queue has been cleaned and you can resume uploading.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding through all of this!

-Steve

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2007, 17:20 »
Wow, reviews are almost instant!  That's StockXpert we used to know!

Steve, have you hired new inspectors? Otherwise the queue only tends to increase again...

Regards,
Adelaide

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2007, 17:25 »
We will be hiring new reviewers. However, this won't speed things up immediately. Now matter how familiar a new reviewer is with the site, they still need to be trained and acquire experience to become fast and accurate.

It's just human nature. We can only make the process so objective. There is still that subjective aspect new reviewers bring. It seems you guys know instantly when we hire a new reviewer, so we can't bring on too many at once. :)

Please, just remember model and property releases and keywords. They will be rejecting images that don't have those. This is one reason the queue grew. We kept waiting for some contributors to add these items and they never did.

And it's unfair to those who do provide this information because it takes up reviewer time to request this info from those who don't.

Thanks!
-Steve
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 17:28 by steve-oh »

vonkara

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2007, 17:40 »
Be ready I come whit mine now ;)

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2007, 17:59 »
I,m still not able to connect through ftp ???

vonkara

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2007, 18:08 »
Already reviewed and accepted...That's work! +1 for StockXpert

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2007, 18:31 »
Wow this is unbelievable!  :o
I just uploaded a vector, and it got accepted the same second.
After uploading I wanted to check if everything was filled in correctly and than I saw it was in the system already.
This must be the world record!

Way to go StockXpert, this rocks!  ;D

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2007, 18:44 »
2 min. waooo...but still ftp dont work for me....
/lena