MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Poll

Do you take the time to add categories at SXP after your files are uploaded ?

Always
Sometimes
Never

Author Topic: Adding Categories at StockXpert  (Read 3391 times)

« on: January 28, 2008, 22:54 »
Do you take the time to add categories at StockXpert after your files are uploaded ? Be sure and vote in the poll ...

Mark

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 00:43 »
Oops, nevermind.

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 22:54 »
Wow, good question, I was just about to post a thread about it.... I just joined StockXpert, and I honestly can't stand their categorizing system... of course there is a chance I am doing something wrong.

Now first I ftp. Then I process, then my 50 a day files go to a folder, once i click on that folder I have to assignd categories either one by one or I go to the full list and apply categories to batches (also a painful process)... is there a trick I am missing? Or is their categories system really that painful?

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 23:05 »
ChasingMoments,

I'm afraid I can't help as I've been stuck at 65 images in "pending" ... now I used the web form to get them there. I have no idea why they haven't ever moved anywhere else. I've been wondering if its because I haven't categorized them ...

If someone knows that this has to be done for them to be approved could someone please tell me. I thought after I had uploaded with IPTC data attached through they're web form that all I would have to do is wait until they were approved ... then categorize if I liked ... Please let me know if I am wrong as its been a couple of weeks with those images sitting in their queue ... it could be that they're just way behind on approving new batches of photos ...

Mark

digiology

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 11:30 »
I never add catagories. Maybe thats why my sales stink  :-\

My last batch was approved within 48hrs. Previous two took up to 10 days. I would however click on one of your pending files and ensure the IPTC did in fact make it through with the file.

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 16:06 »
I always use the web form (I never upload more than 4 images at one time anyway) and I always add categories upon uploading.  Now, I think it was said somewhere that categories are not mandatory - or am I mistaking this with another site?  Have you checked their FAQ?

Regards,
Adelaide

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 16:37 »
that is correct, categories are voluntary

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 17:54 »
I've had several accepted there now so it seems to work with the webform (very easy) and I haven't added any categories but plan to add them ... but it didn't appear that they were a requirement prior to the images being approved.

Mark