pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Dreamstime not good!  (Read 19264 times)

Contakt

This user is banned.
« on: January 29, 2008, 19:19 »
Found this on another forum would anyone comment before joining :)

Let's be very clear about this. DT will not allow you to DELETE any images after the requisite 6 month period is up. You can only "disable" them as I said, which is of course another way of saying, we're going to hold onto them for as long we like because if we actually let you delete anything you also inadvertently reduce the value of our company.

Which also means should they decide to sell up or go bust he still has a bucket load of stock to open his next stall with.

Cha ching!

And then to add insult to injury you also forfeit all earnings if you happen to be a few cents short of the $100 mark as we were when we decided we'd had enough of these scam artists.

Need I say anymore!!!!

« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 19:56 by Contakt »

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 19:34 »

Well , all I can tell from this , is that someone may have keyword spamming , had  a warning , didn't want to edit his keywords and first of all had not read user agreement before accepting it ( no that i like that part of agreement ).

Then in the lack of arguments he started to pull insults with nationality in the background , that I found of extreme low taste.

That may have happened

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 21:14 »
is there a forum or blog to support this "accusation"?

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 23:03 »
Found this on another forum would anyone comment before joining :)

Let's be very clear about this. DT will not allow you to DELETE any images after the requisite 6 month period is up. You can only "disable" them as I said, which is of course another way of saying, we're going to hold onto them for as long we like because if we actually let you delete anything you also inadvertently reduce the value of our company.

Which also means should they decide to sell up or go bust he still has a bucket load of stock to open his next stall with.

Cha ching!

And then to add insult to injury you also forfeit all earnings if you happen to be a few cents short of the $100 mark as we were when we decided we'd had enough of these scam artists.

Need I say anymore!!!!

hi, my thoughts :)

I dont see how disabled images could improve the value of a company, I dont see how they have any value??
I also dont think DT is likely to go bust in a real hurry.
I also dont think they are likely to restart another agency with all the disabled images if they were to go bust
I think it is first time I've heard DT referred as scam artists (maybe I just haven't been listening?) I think someone got their account canned or something and is very bitter about it???

Phil

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 23:13 »
You obviously haven't been a contributor, or a viewer of that forum for a long time.  You need to consider the source.  For what it's worth, this was my response....

The 6 month rule with relation to DT relates to the last date you uploaded the image. This was a compromise that they came up with in case someone decided to buy the rights to an image at a different agency - they made it convenient for the contributer (which is something other agencies have not done).

The reason for the 6 month rule (and this was posted in their forums) is because a buyer would find an image, put it in a lightbox, then when they would go to download it, it had been deleted by the contributer. Too many buyers were complaining to the agency that this was happening so they decided to provide some customer service (imagine that!).

Knowing Serban personally, and having worked with him, I will tell you straight out that he is extremely honest and genuine. If you have any questions about his integrity, or the integrity of the company, feel free to drop him an email or leave a message on one of his images.

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 23:16 »
I am just wondering why this pretty pointless discussion about DT is posted in the SS area.

If someone wants to make accusations could at least spend 1 minute to find out the correct place to post his rants to make them a bit more believable.

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 23:21 »
Contakt, I think your making a mistake. DT is a professional, and reputable business. It strives to keep
it's professional edge at all costs.

What I hear you doing is "Projecting" the worse case scenario your mind can conjure up.
Relax and take a deep breath. Gather your thoughts, and rethink what you just posted.

Contact support at DT. But don't go in "heavy handed" as you did here. Be pleasant, and inquirer about
their polices regarding disabled images. Then come back here and tell us all what you found out.

Be well my friend and the best to you,
The MIZ

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 01:18 »
I am just wondering why this pretty pointless discussion about DT is posted in the SS area.

I moved it now.

Thanks wysiwyg_foto for giving a bit of a 'reality shake' to this thread.

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 02:04 »
I have never had a problem with DT.  Deactivating images is good as I can re-activate without having to upload again.  Perhaps they could add a delete option though.

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 02:28 »
Unproven gossip is easy to make. For all my dealings with DT, they seemed to be very professional. I had to disable 3 images at one point (the model had second thoughts) and DT promptly did so.

I can't see why a disabled image can be any asset to DT, since they don't hold the rights to it any more. The image sits just there on DT's disk taking space in the database too, and you can always reinstall it, if you ever change your mind.

If an accusation like this isn't accompanied by factual info, I'm sorry but that borders to slander.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 02:37 by FlemishDreams »

Contakt

This user is banned.
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 06:56 »
Strangely nobody has commented on DT's sworn right to keep all your earnings if u decide to close your account???
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 07:33 by Contakt »

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 08:43 »
I fail to see the scam artist aspect and why someone would close the account just a few cents short of payout. DT is one of my top earners and pay me regularly for sales of my images. Is there something I'm missing here?

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 10:48 »
Strangely nobody has commented on DT's sworn right to keep all your earnings if u decide to close your account???

Why comment something which is common business?! IIRC e.g. SS does the same. So what?

Disable you pics first , wait until next payout, request payout, wait for payout hitting your bank account, close your DT account. Easy, isn't it?

Contakt

This user is banned.
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 10:56 »

Why comment something which is common business?! IIRC e.g. SS does the same. So what?

Disable you pics first , wait until next payout, request payout, wait for payout hitting your bank account, close your DT account. Easy, isn't it?

Yes, that's the most obvious solution but please understand not everyone would think of doing that or more importantly feel that that was necessary.

And just because it's common practice doesn't make it right either. No matter how you look at it, keeping earnings which haven't hit the 100 mark and then to discover you've forfeited that money because you've closed your account is totally dishonest if you ask me.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 10:58 by Contakt »

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 11:58 »
Knowing Serban personally, and having worked with him, I will tell you straight out that he is extremely honest and genuine.

Did he used to be a member of iStockphoto?

w7lwi

• Those that don't stand up to evil enable evil.
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 12:05 »
Why do you call the witholding of money dishonest?  Didn't you read the TOC's before you signed up?  It's clearly stated there.  If you disagreed, you didn't have to join.  And DT isn't the only agency with this policy.  This is fairly common in many TOC's.  Not all, of course, but enough that if you didn't want to agree to it, you'd have a lot fewer agencies to choose from

Gets back to a much earlier thread.  People sign up without reading the TOC's and then get upset with terms they should have known about had they bothered to do their homework.  If you don't like the terms and conditions, don't sign up in the first place.  And if you do know them and signed up anyway, don't bitch about it afterwards.  And for God's sake, don't complain about something that you should have known about but were too lazy to look up ahead of time.

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2008, 12:31 »
Why do you call the witholding of money dishonest?  Didn't you read the TOC's before you signed up?  It's clearly stated there.  If you disagreed, you didn't have to join.  And DT isn't the only agency with this policy.

I'm not sure if the word dishonest is the right one. It was repeated in this thread several times that "others do it". That's true. But really, it has nothing to do with if it is right or not.

While I fully understand the reasons behind having a pay out limit (to not have to micromanage very little payments), I don't see clear reason behind not paying out someone who is closing their account.

Yes, they state it clearly in the agreement, so from this point of view, it is 100% honest.

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2008, 12:35 »
Why do you call the witholding of money dishonest?  Didn't you read the TOC's before you signed up?  It's clearly stated there.  If you disagreed, you didn't have to join.  And DT isn't the only agency with this policy.  This is fairly common in many TOC's.  Not all, of course, but enough that if you didn't want to agree to it, you'd have a lot fewer agencies to choose from

Gets back to a much earlier thread.  People sign up without reading the TOC's and then get upset with terms they should have known about had they bothered to do their homework.  If you don't like the terms and conditions, don't sign up in the first place.  And if you do know them and signed up anyway, don't bitch about it afterwards.  And for God's sake, don't complain about something that you should have known about but were too lazy to look up ahead of time.

I agree.  I just found out that the first post in this thread is a quote from Editorial, someone who had been banned from the SS forums and was banned from here.  I am leaving the forum he is now on, if they don't kick him off, as he insults anyone who disagrees with him and puts people off posting there.  I am pleased he didn't last long here.  I am not taking anything he posts seriously.