pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: GalaStock  (Read 7048 times)

« on: August 11, 2006, 12:39 »
Anybody active with Galastock?  Waste of time? 

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 14:15 »
I think the question should be - Anybody get spammed by Galastock?

The last time I received such an e-mail it was from StockPhotomedia

They have over 1000 photos built up over several months and I earnt 2.50 E

After USphotostock fiaco I am very wary about signing up with any new agencies unless they are offereing somethig different.

Can't say I have looked at their site yet.

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 15:01 »
Ive posted 55 images to GalaStock of which 2 were rejected. Ive had one sale since their acceptance two days ago. I suppose this is a decent start. It certainly isnt of the magnitude Ive seen from ShutterStock, but the pool of images is still less than 2000 strong. I think the place may be worth taking a gamble on as theyve been responsive to my email inquiries and pay via PayPal in US Dollars.

From someone on another forum, I suspect the one sale may have been from a free credit

nruboc

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 15:18 »

They're gong to have to do alot better than a 30% commission to attract photographers. New entries into this market will need to offer AT LEAST a 50% commission.

They may be able to get away with 30% if they had sales close to that of IStock.

Also, as the previous Steve stated, they offer nothing new, these sites are starting to become a dime a dozen in an already over-crowded market

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 05:58 »
Is Galastock a goner?  Says there are no photos available when you search general terms like "people" or "child", and all that keeps coming up is the home page.  It's been like that for at least a week or so.  Are they on their way out?  Or maybe already gone.

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 07:32 »

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 07:48 »
After one of GS's employees stole pictures and sold them as his own, I deleted all there. Whatever they do... I won't ever go back. They are charcoaled until eternity.

Yap, it's a total waste of time and expect them to steal your pictures again. If you want to waste time, consider LO. At least, they won't steal your shots.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 07:50 by FlemishDreams »

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 10:55 »
I wasn't aware of this image theft, but anyway it was site I left behind.  Justrecently I decided to go back and deleted those few images, that's when I could not log in anymore.  I thought it was just me, but found I was not alone.

Regards,
Adelaide

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 13:43 »
I avoided this site but I wonder if they were victims of a bad employee or if the owners of the site were to blame? 

I also wonder if they will start another site?  Galalstock has a bad reputation but it seems a lot of people will upload to a new site.