pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Where's the best place to sell illustrations / vector art?  (Read 26150 times)

« on: March 31, 2008, 05:00 »
I'd love to get some input from microstock contributors who sell illustrations:
Where's the best place to sell them?
Which agency did you have the best experiences with? What kind of illustrations are they looking for? 
Are there other places to sell vector artwork apart from the microstock agencies mentioned here?

Would be great to get some advice and information!  :)

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 07:33 »
In terms of prices you can compare in my table

price comparison chart

Sorry don't have time for an other comments

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 16:36 »
IS seems to be "the" place to be for illustrations.  I have applied once and failed, and haven't tried again.

I sell raster versions of my vector files.  I have good results in DT and FT, and good also in StockXpert but they reject many illustrations.  FP is showing some good results also, and my only EL there was with an illustration.

Regards,
Adelaide

helix7

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 22:26 »

StockXpert is good. I have been selling 2-4 vectors there a day recently. At $5 commissions that's not bad, plus add in the usual assortment of jpg sales and lately I've done pretty well there. I recommend it.

cphoto

• CreativeShot.com
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 12:33 »
In terms of prices you can compare in my table

price comparison chart

Sorry don't have time for an other comments

Nice write up but you should update StockXpert prices: they doubled most of the prices last week and introduce a new XS size.

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 06:32 »
Clipartof.com is a great place.
They are looking for artists - 3D and vector only.
They would prefer American artist at the moment
But you MUST be able to except Paypal.

I have made $706 so far this month :)

Good luck, Dennis

gbcimages

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 10:42 »
Clipartof.com is a great place.
They are looking for artists - 3D and vector only.
They would prefer American artist at the moment
But you MUST be able to except Paypal.

I have made $706 so far this month :)

What about raster type graphics,do they accept them?
Good luck, Dennis

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 13:56 »
I have put a list of sites I submit my illustrations to on my blog. I hope it is useful.

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 16:33 »
THE BEST place for selling illustration and getting the best of it as illustrator can be only one place:

www.theispot.com

Good luck!

Added:

:-)

UPS! I am sorry but it is not micro ;-)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 16:36 by Albert Martin »

bittersweet

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 11:04 »
THE BEST place for selling illustration and getting the best of it as illustrator can be only one place:

www.theispot.com

Good luck!

Added:

:-)

UPS! I am sorry but it is not micro ;-)

It's a pay-to-place portfolio site, and it's not even royalty-free.  ::)

Are you amusing yourself by continuing to post completely irrelevant information?

It's almost as amusing as people who resurrect year-old posts to try to rack up some more referral bonuses.

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 12:08 »
Do you sell at the ispot, Albert? I looked at it years ago and was intimidated by the upfront cost to place my portfolio. I've also read about people making money with Folioplanet's stock service, but again, this was a while ago.

I guess if I was going to take a stab at rights managed I'd probably want to develop a different style with more conceptual images. Right now, I don't think my work would do well there. Does anybody have any experience with rights managed illustration? I here the photographers talking about it, but it is hard to translate things from their experiences.

helix7

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 12:14 »
THE BEST place for selling illustration and getting the best of it as illustrator can be only one place...

Awesome! Just what I was looking for! A raster-only site with placement fees and an archaic RM business model that will surely be extinct in a few years! Sweet!

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2009, 20:07 »
THE BEST place for selling illustration and getting the best of it as illustrator can be only one place...

Awesome! Just what I was looking for! A raster-only site with placement fees and an archaic RM business model that will surely be extinct in a few years! Sweet!

Great - you know it all ;-)

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2009, 20:13 »
Do you sell at the ispot, Albert? I looked at it years ago and was intimidated by the upfront cost to place my portfolio. I've also read about people making money with Folioplanet's stock service, but again, this was a while ago.

I guess if I was going to take a stab at rights managed I'd probably want to develop a different style with more conceptual images. Right now, I don't think my work would do well there. Does anybody have any experience with rights managed illustration? I here the photographers talking about it, but it is hard to translate things from their experiences.

No... Not much illustrations in my creative workflow...

vlad_the_imp

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2009, 05:17 »
I do very well at iStock-I'm pretty happy with them  :D

bittersweet

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2009, 13:37 »

So you are basing your glowing recommendation on what? a hunch? hearsay from how many of the artists who DO actually PAY to ADVERTISE on this BEST site?

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2009, 18:42 »

So you are basing your glowing recommendation on what? a hunch? hearsay from how many of the artists who DO actually PAY to ADVERTISE on this BEST site?

No.

You just need to inform yourself who are the names who do so there. If you do so then you will know that they are top of the top - no istock, no getty... Just Ispot!

graficallyminded

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 09:26 »
Out of any of the newer sites, aside from the big 6, you really can't go wrong with Graphic Leftovers.  

They are a niche RF microstock site just focusing on graphics and non-people photos, mainly art elements.  I think you just might be pleasantly surprised to find that you can hit the $50 payout minimum pretty easily within the first month of submitting a decent sized portfolio of graphics, vectors, or non-people photos.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 09:28 by arenacreative »