pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: April is...  (Read 9262 times)

« on: April 06, 2008, 03:47 »
...pending.

123RF - 39 pending
Bigstock - 42 pending
Canstock - 99 pending
Crestock - 65 pending
Dreamstime - 65 pending
FeaturePics - 65 pending
Fotolia - 32 pending
FotoMind - 11 pending
IStock - 20 pending
LuckyOliver - 65 pending
Shutterstock - 48 pending
StockXpert - 109 pending

How long is long enough to think I did something wrong at StockXpert?  I have 5 batches ready to go.  They say pending on my main page.  Is that enough?  All the rest get reviewed fairly quickly (except CanStockPhoto).

We've tried to upload 15 per day everyday this month - I guess this is the backup we're giving ourselves!

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 04:33 »
I've got 250 pending on Stock Xpert, I ftp'd all my files a while ago and I'm just getting around to submitting the batches of 50 now!  So they're on at least a 4+ day review time at the moment.

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 05:20 »
I upload 50 images to StockXpert every day, and they are reviewed within few hours. Dont know why are you in such delay? Strange.....

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 05:27 »
I have been waiting for more than a week for review also I guess I am not lucky , I frequently upload small batches...

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 05:38 »
The Good "Fairy Reviewer" only come at night when your sleeping, and only if you've been good.

The MIZ

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 05:59 »
That's right. You have all been naughty......  ;D :D

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 06:28 »
Perhaps I'm not doing it right?  I FTP to the server, go to my briefcase, transfer 50 files to a new folder, then add catagories etc.  Then I don't need to do anything else?  Is that right?

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 06:32 »
Nope....you don't even need to add categories....I don't and am selling up a storm as a new user.

The MIZ

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 06:43 »
Perhaps I'm not doing it right?  I FTP to the server, go to my briefcase, transfer 50 files to a new folder, then add catagories etc.  Then I don't need to do anything else?  Is that right?

I do the same thing. Nothing else.

Perhaps your images need further inspection, I guess my images are clean and sharp they dont inspect every one of them because one momet whole batch is pending, the other is all aproved... This is just my guess. They are thinking whether to accept it or not. hhhhh

Can you  post a sample of your pending images?

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 08:20 »

I do the same thing. Nothing else.

Perhaps your images need further inspection, I guess my images are clean and sharp they dont inspect every one of them because one momet whole batch is pending, the other is all aproved... This is just my guess. They are thinking whether to accept it or not. hhhhh

Can you  post a sample of your pending images?

They're all images that have been accepted on iStock and Shutterstock, so I doubt they're "thinking" about them.  From my previous two batches of 50 they only rejected two images, so I can't be that bad!  I can't remember how long they took though, I did them a few weeks ago.

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 08:38 »
it may be that the more sales you have the quicker they review your submissions.

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 08:46 »
I am relatively new at this and a little frustrated with StockXpert.  I was accepted my first shot at SS, IS, LO etc.  I applied to StockXpert and it took them 5 weeks to get back to me.....said they needed 'more information' to reach a decision...they didn't ask for any specific type of submission but just said to upload 5 more (that was after I contacted them at week 4 to ask what was up (I was wondering if they somehow lost the application).  So that very same day (Feb 28th) I uploaded 5 more and haven't heard back since.  I sent them 2 e-mails from their website asking if there was a problem but no response at all....it has been 38 days since my second application.  Have others had this sort of problem?  Any recommendations?

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2008, 09:24 »
I have been waiting for more than a week for review

This is definitely good to know - not "good" but at least I don't feel like a 'tard.  lol (me being a tard is not out of the question but may be I'm not a StockXpert tard)

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2008, 19:04 »
I use the web form in StockXpert and my three images uploaded yesterday were already reviewed.

Regards,
Adelaide

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 19:21 »
And yet my 5 batches still sit... lol

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2008, 20:38 »
I  So that very same day (Feb 28th) I uploaded 5 more and haven't heard back since.  I sent them 2 e-mails from their website asking if there was a problem but no response at all....it has been 38 days since my second application.  Have others had this sort of problem?  Any recommendations?

Did you check your site mail at StockXpert? I was asked to send them another 5 images when I applied at SX, too. I remember sending them an additional 5, and then waiting and waiting for a reply in my email. Finally,  I discovered that their response had been waiting for me at the SX site, in my messages folder. 

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 01:36 »
Did you check your site mail at StockXpert? I was asked to send them another 5 images when I applied at SX, too. I remember sending them an additional 5, and then waiting and waiting for a reply in my email. Finally,  I discovered that their response had been waiting for me at the SX site, in my messages folder. 

There is site mail?  Where?  I find this the most awful site to navigate.  Nothing is in a logical place.

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 11:01 »

There is site mail?  Where?  I find this the most awful site to navigate.  Nothing is in a logical place.

At StockXpert, go to 'My Account', and on the left hand side, you'll see 'new messages' under 'General Info' . To see all of your messages, click on the messages tab in 'My Account'.

RacePhoto

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 12:00 »

Actually I find about half the top ten are a maze to navigate and three are only slightly confusing.  ;D I'm to the point of making notes for each site so I can find things. I also have saved links to "my portfolio" on a couple sites, because it's buried under three layers of menus.

But, back to the question. I submitted to StockXpert and waited, I can't remember if they asked for more or not. Then one day I was just looking around, wondering when I would be approved, found my message folder and I discovered I already was, a couple weeks before.

You might already be approved and you can start uploading. That's what I'm saying.

To be honest I don't really have any problems with most of the sites, as far as reviews and the way they run on their own timetable, or have someone who designed the website to be as mystic and confusing to navigate as possible. It's their game, they can do what they want. At least some of them are up front about the time it takes to be reviewed, so I just need to be patient.

The only one that drives me nuts is PantherMedia. I've uploaded two small batches to other sites, over the past two weeks, and had them all reviewed. First batch to PM is still just sitting there.

I'll do the fill in the blank here. April is... PENDING  :D

Go check, you may already be activated.

vonkara

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 13:05 »
it may be that the more sales you have the quicker they review your submissions.
No I don't think so. My sales are crap, but as I'm nice the fairy reviewer come every night I guess ;D

fotoKmyst

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2008, 13:15 »
i don't think it is a first come first served pending queque,
i think they give their favourite contributors the preference, and then you guys and then newbies.
so, everyone gets pushed back if a favourite keeps uploading his/her stuff.

seems like it to me, as one of the guy i met on the chat tells me he never got to wait much .

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2008, 14:38 »
Somehow I got another 18 reviewed - 15/18 taken too so I'm happy with that.  I'm about to push 40+ more on each site tho so I'm losing ground in that battle.