pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Closing Account @ Albumo  (Read 23792 times)

jsnover

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2008, 16:54 »
Log in and click on the Sell section. (You might have to click on My Albumo first; don't recall)

Then select Porfolio & Statistics tab, then, from the list of images, on the far right is a column of icons that say "edit". I sort the list by Date first so that I can work from the newest (the rest will age out soon, but no sense in being on this site one second longer than I have to).

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2008, 18:21 »
Thanks for the instructions on how to delete......much appreciated.

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2008, 07:48 »
Thanks to this thread I had remember that I wanted to close my account and I had to delete my images but...
I cant login into my account!!!! YES
I look for my images and there isnt!!!

I think I told them to close my account several times with no answer but the last time I said that If they dont listen it is not my problem and I do not give permission to this site to sell my images anymore.

;D ;D ;D

jsnover

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2008, 09:10 »
I'll have to try that avenue too, as I was sad to note that i can still log in this morning...

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2008, 10:40 »
I`m extremely pissed off with Albumo!!!
I have written about 40 e-mails for them to close my account!

Don`t know what else to do at this point??
Its very annoying  >:( >:( >:( >:(

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2008, 12:00 »
Velvia, I had same experience.

Had to delete all images manually.
When they wanted submitters all was fine - when you want to leave they don't want to know you!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 12:04 by takestock »

PaulieWalnuts

• We Have Exciting News For You
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2008, 08:20 »
Does anyone read the agreements before joining?

jsnover

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2008, 10:48 »

Don't be insulting. Of course I read the agreements before signing them. However there were a bunch of things they were saying about what they were going to do with the site and the marketing that were inducements to sign that agreement.

Not only have they done nothing of the things they said, my current belief is that they never intended to and that this was a scam to get images locked in for a while and pocket the sales as they only rarely have anyone make payout.

I did get paid for the upload of a good chunk of my porfolio, but for none of the uploads after that or the few sales I've made as I'll never reach payout.

It was a serious mistake to take what these guys said at face value, but I did. I asked them (via e-mail) some questions before signing, but I did sign.

Like other people who've made deals with folks who aren't on the level, I want out, and at this point I'm trying pretty much any avenue to get there.

My commitment ages out in a month or so anyway, but I don't want my work on display in their store. They should be ashamed of themselves, but unfortunately, they have no shame.

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2008, 12:40 »
@Jsnover

Do I understand you right, you took the cash for uploading and now you want to leave before the minimum time you have agreed to leave your images on line? SY

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2008, 12:50 »
I can't see how this site was a money making scam because they paid out lots of money for us to upload and it must cost money to get the site setup and keep it running.  It doesn't look like they are going to make much of that back any time soon.

Perhaps they spent too much money getting the site going and as the economic situation changed, they can no longer get funds to market the site?

PaulieWalnuts

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2008, 14:53 »

Don't be insulting. Of course I read the agreements before signing them. However there were a bunch of things they were saying about what they were going to do with the site and the marketing that were inducements to sign that agreement.

Not only have they done nothing of the things they said, my current belief is that they never intended to and that this was a scam to get images locked in for a while and pocket the sales as they only rarely have anyone make payout.

I did get paid for the upload of a good chunk of my porfolio, but for none of the uploads after that or the few sales I've made as I'll never reach payout.

It was a serious mistake to take what these guys said at face value, but I did. I asked them (via e-mail) some questions before signing, but I did sign.

Like other people who've made deals with folks who aren't on the level, I want out, and at this point I'm trying pretty much any avenue to get there.

My commitment ages out in a month or so anyway, but I don't want my work on display in their store. They should be ashamed of themselves, but unfortunately, they have no shame.

I'm not being insulting. I'm asking a legitimate question.

And your response brings up another good question. If you do actually read the agreement, understand it, agree to it, but later want out of it because it didn't work out as you had hoped, what should happen?

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2008, 15:55 »
I recall a posting here from the owner of Lucky Oliver (sorry, I forget his name) that tried to warn everyone about albumo.  His words were something like 'before you join an agency make sure you trust the management'.  He clearly knew something about the owners of albumo but couldn't or wouldn't be more specific at the time.

jsnover

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2008, 17:28 »
If you do actually read the agreement, understand it, agree to it, but later want out of it because it didn't work out as you had hoped, what should happen?

This isn't about things not working out as I had hoped. It's about the people who were on the other side of the agreement failing to do any of the things they said they would (marketing budget and programs for the site that would kick in when they got to 200K images online, which they did ages ago).

The world should be a place where honest people can make deals and trust that their business partners will live up to their word. It isn't - at least not all/most/some of the time.

Asking them nicely got nowhere. Unfortunately they haven't gone belly up and closed the site. So I hope I can make them want to let me out one month early - they get to keep the balance on my account  - because they'd rather have me gone.

PaulieWalnuts

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2008, 18:09 »
Jsnover, I'm not trying to raz you here but I don't think it showed anywhere in the agreement that as part of you signing up they were going to do any marketing. Does anyone really know what the source of that marketing promise was?

I don't like the way Albumo works but I signed the agreement (without taking it seriously) and when I decided I didn't like the way they were doing business my only option was to delete an image a day until gone, which I did. I'm more selective now that I've been at this for a little while.

Yes the world should be a place where honest people can make deals. Until then, we'll continue to have written agreements that put at least one party at a disadvantage.

jsnover

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2008, 19:09 »
Does anyone really know what the source of that marketing promise was?

Yes. They had it on the front of the site in July 2007. I also have e-mail from them from 7/22/07 where they repeated it along with promises of "a massive advertisement campaign"

Don't forget that one of the co-founders posted in here once back in March

http://www.microstockgroup.com/index.php/topic,3818.0.html

More blah, blah about spending tons on promotion.

There's no point in flogging a dead horse. You don't like people complaining about getting scammed into a rotten deal. I'm not disputing the basic facts - I signed their agreement; their promises were not contained in the agreement.

How about you let those of us trying to get out from under this wretched site compare notes and stop trying to get us to admit our obvious gullibility in having signed up in the first place. I'll happily stipulate that I made a stupid decision. I shouldn't have trusted these clowns.

You say you're not trying to raz me, but then why are you even bothering to ask questions such as "Does anyone read the agreements before joining"? Seems the likely choices are to lecture or to raz.

digiology

« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2008, 21:03 »
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 00:16 by digiology »