pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Best Match with 0 dls  (Read 3417 times)

« on: April 18, 2008, 13:24 »
Since a couple of weeks, I've been checking the Best Match result for "book AND nobody."
Yesterday I was surprised to find a new image with 0 dls and only 4 views to show up as number one in the search. It's still there with 10 more views but still no dl.
How is this possible? Is it just because it's an image by an exclusive?

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 13:33 »
I don't think it has to do with exclusivity, I noticed this on one of my images (not exclusive).  I think they rotate a small percentage of newer images in the best match for maybe the first few days then remove them if they arent selling. 

This is just a theory of course. 

vonkara

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 13:41 »
I see the same thing whit some of my newer files... they get higher a bit in diverse situation, but then drop 2 or 3 weeks after. I think it's a good thing and that give better chance to get higher dwl/month.

IS search engine is the one of the best I know and let the better images going first. Others like DT whit a search sorted by rotation and acceptance ratio is not that much serious in my point of view.

At the same time the subs that come to IS will change the files performance and that can be profitable for some and not for others...will see

vonkara

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 13:47 »
I don't think it has to do with exclusivity, I noticed this on one of my images (not exclusive).  I think they rotate a small percentage of newer images in the best match for maybe the first few days then remove them if they arent selling. 

This is just a theory of course. 

I don't think anybody remove them if it's that you want to say... IS search work mostly by dwl/month and now newer files seem to get up a bit since when??. The exclusivity work only if a contributor have more than 4 images whit high dwl/month. Then they can have more pics in the first 100 pages. But there's probably also a small push if a exclusive have a file whit about the same ratio.