MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Steps before closing an account  (Read 6060 times)

« on: April 18, 2008, 21:03 »
Given the recent concern of a general black out in some less productive sites, what are the steps each of us should take before deleting an account?  Is it ok just deleting images?  Should we send some type of formal contract ending and request something back? 

If any of these sites have a bad intention towards our images, I guess it will be hard to stop them, but I wonder if there is some legal procedure we should take to protect ourselves.  I thought of a full sales report, but I don't believe they would issue that.

There are a couple of sites that I really think of leaving.

Regards,
Adelaide

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 23:42 »
Should we send some type of formal contract ending and request something back? 
If it was me I'd just delete the images to the extent possible (I know some of the sites only allow you to delete a certain percentage at one time, and Dreamstime has that 3 month rule).

To my knowledge there is nothing you have to send or request to delete your portfolio on any of the microstock sites, with the except of the sites that have retention policies as mentioned above. I have no idea why you would send a contract to end a relationship. You already agreed to contractual terms when you signed up and submitted the photos.

vonkara

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 09:36 »
I have 2 images that I disabled at DT. But they are still in this "folder" and I can revert them I think. But they never deleted them and I don't know what to do for deleting them. I was thinking about 6 months and not 3 like you say Yingyang, but I'm not sure?

My disabled are there from more than 3 months now but less than 6, maybe it's the way to delete the files at DT... will see in 2 months

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 10:39 »
On Albumo and FeatPics, all it took was an email to get the account wiped wholesale at both places.

DT is a different story. There I just wanted a single image deleted from the database and they would not do it. The image is now in "disabled land" for an indeterminite amount of time. When I inquired about deletion, they gave me somethong about legal and liability issues, etc. Understandable, but's not like I was looking to delete 20 best sellers or an an account, just one image that never sold, that I wanted to reroute for different use. I figured it was safer to delete it than have it get reposted by me for sale in error.

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 11:05 »
I have 2 images that I disabled at DT. But they are still in this "folder" and I can revert them I think. But they never deleted them and I don't know what to do for deleting them. I was thinking about 6 months and not 3 like you say Yingyang, but I'm not sure?
Yeah, DT is unique and that's why I never uploaded there. I don't remember if it was 3 or 6, but either was too long.