MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: StockXpert Growth  (Read 6298 times)

« on: April 20, 2008, 19:21 »
Jupiter owns StockXpert.  This is a post from their blog writing about the closure of LO.  I find the last paragraph more interesting.  Any idea what the unique initiatives are?

Lucky Oliver Microstock Site To Close
By Alan Meckler on April 19, 2008 2:19 PM | Permalink | TrackBacks (0)
The Lucky Oliver microstock site is closing its doors on 15 May.  Lucky Oliver got a lot of publicity.  The site is very nice.  So what happened?

My take is that there are now too many microstock sites.  The closing of Lucky Oliver is the beginning of the end for 80 percent of the approximately 40 microstock sites in the stock photo world.  This is capitalism and the survival of the fittest (and the well financed).

And at a time of cessation for Lucky Oliver it appears that microstock sites such Istockphoto and Shutterstock are thriving.  Certainly this is the case for our microstock site Stockxpert.  We are having a growth spurt at Stockxpert out of the ordinary.  I have been in a business for over 35 years and it is rare to have an operation that grows as rapidly as does Stockxpert.  The exciting thing about this growth is that we will be launching several initiatives in coming months in and around Stockxpert that none of our competitors offer (and most likely will not be able to offer).

This posting can be found at http://weblogs.jupitermedia.com/meckler/2008/04/lucky-oliver-microstock-site-t.html

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 19:50 »
so far they have not shared the fruits of their growth with me. Also I recall as some have touted the "visionary" approach of LO owner. All I know that IS and SS are doing quite well.

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 21:30 »
The exciting thing about this growth is that we will be launching several initiatives in coming months in and around Stockxpert that none of our competitors offer (and most likely will not be able to offer).

Any guesses?

Regards,
Adelaide

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 21:53 »
sound, 3d files, or fonts?

DanP68

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 23:33 »
so far they have not shared the fruits of their growth with me.

Nor for me.  Stockxpert is down to 1.1% of my total earnings, and falling every month.  It's not just us either.  I've noticed a downward trend in StockXpert earnings percentage reported from a lot of our largest contributors each month.

cphoto

• CreativeShot.com
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 23:43 »
For several months already StockXpert has been in my top 3.

This month looks like StockXpert will be my #2 after SS, thanks to their generous raise.

I really like this site, and they keep launching good features, like recently rotating image on front page and adult filter.

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 04:47 »
For several months already StockXpert has been in my top 3.
Same for me!

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 04:57 »
so far they have not shared the fruits of their growth with me. ..................... All I know that IS and SS are doing quite well.

Same here, StockXpert dropping from 12% of my microstock revenue in Nov-07 to 4,6% in Mar-08.

RT

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 05:12 »
I don't find their blog entry at all surprising, I mean they're not going to say something like:

"LuckyOliver recently announced it's closing and to be honest were not surprised as were struggling to make it work too, in the future were not going to be doing anything different to what the other forty microsites have to offer, however we have recently installed some groundbreaking technology that means we can rotate our front page image once every three months now"

Don't get me wrong I like StockXpert (apart from the subscription side of things) they're focused and the credit commisions are better than most, but to be honest the blog entry is something I'd expect to see on any microsite, I have no doubt that LuckyOiliver is now getting the traffic it should have been getting all along, the ironical thing is it's only as the result of them announcing their closure.

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 05:13 »
As far as I'm concerned StockXpert really is the agency with the most development potential. My stats reflect that.

p.s.: And Shutterstock falling down considerably each month. I'm talking about twofigure numbers (in percentages) here;/
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 05:14 by domencolja »

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 05:14 »
StockXpert has really taken off for me this month.  I have already made double what I did in January and 60$ more than last month.  Up until now StockXpert has always been trailing well behind my 4 leader sites but this month it will be catching up for the first time.

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 07:35 »
so far they have not shared the fruits of their growth with me. ..................... All I know that IS and SS are doing quite well.

Same here, StockXpert dropping from 12% of my microstock revenue in Nov-07 to 4,6% in Mar-08.
Dropped about 20% for me...I hope things improve for me in the upward direction that several of you are reporting...as i continue uploading to feed the beast.

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 12:20 »
StockXpert is still my best earner this month, although it has been almost stagnant the past few days, since I opted-out from subs (I am not claiming a relation between the two things however).

Regards,
Adelaide

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 14:47 »
StockXpert is doing really well for me this month, but not consistent.  Some days there's sales, other days are dry.  They're either in my #2 or #3 spot for the month.

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 18:05 »
I love StockXpert. The vector reviews are the fastest and among the most consistent of any site. StockXpert is my 4th best paying site, after DT.

But last month my StockXpert revenue increased by 11% while my DT revenue actually decreased, so maybe StockXpert will pass DT one of these months.

The StockXpert site is fast and reliable, and the uploading sensible and efficient. What's not to like?