MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Upload problems and dont answer contact ticket  (Read 7012 times)

« on: May 27, 2008, 12:12 »
Hope you can help me here as nobody answer the contact tickt I have opened in the site.
My zymm ftp folder has many photos but they dont transfer to the site.
Somethinng is wrong but I dont know what

zymmetricaldotcom

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 12:24 »
Sure, I am pushing your files through right now.  Sorry for the delay in ticket response, but you just had inquired on Sunday and we are still dealing with a backlog of support requests due to the long weekend in the US. 

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 12:38 »
wow this forum is great. faster than a ticket.  :)

Thanks Keith

zymmetricaldotcom

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 12:47 »
Well I have subscribe on here too, if I see something that's easily fixed I cannot just ignore it. :)

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 12:56 »
Normally it is an automatic process. Isnt it? You have to do nothing to transfer images to the site from the ftp folder right?

Another question:
Images have keywords and categories but they are not "artist edited", are they in the review queu or you have to have to hit "edit" one  by one until it appear "artist edited: yes" (what is a long hard work)?

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 13:13 »
Hello Keith,

Ok since it is fast I jump in :)
I have a problem when changing the price of the pictures (different than the one last time).
Now when I change the price of one pic, it does not allow me to change the price of another from the same batch, any ideas about that ?

Cheers
L

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 02:47 »
Wow.

Seem that standars have rised.
First batch some months ago 10% rejected
Last bach, yesterday, 54% rejected

Not sure if it worths uploading...

zymmetricaldotcom

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 19:06 »
Yes it's usually automatic, but we took 'the robot' off the job recently due to the number of submissions. We are set up to scale our web servers indefinitely, but since it's still pre-launch sometimes we need to make compromises.

If you click 'Edit' on the submissions page, you may optionally choose a price, category, edit the IPTC keywords (or add keywords if there are none to begin with), choose if it's Editorial vs normal Royalty Free, and Adult Content.  Submitting this accelerates the files in the queue. If you change nothing, it still moves them up closer to the top of the queue, then those who simply upload and don't give their files a once-over.

Normally it is an automatic process. Isnt it? You have to do nothing to transfer images to the site from the ftp folder right?

Another question:
Images have keywords and categories but they are not "artist edited", are they in the review queu or you have to have to hit "edit" one  by one until it appear "artist edited: yes" (what is a long hard work)?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 19:39 by zymmetricaldotcom »

zymmetricaldotcom

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 19:11 »
You know what, I had to manually change some prices today and got reminded just how unfriendly the 'Art Manager' currently is.  It is one of the last major pieces of the puzzle that is my responsibility to bring online. Your best bet: leave the Editor-picked prices for now, save your own time changing them one by one, and wait for the new version of the Art Manager to come online (soon).   it will allow batch price changes in an interface similar to the Submissions page.   

We are working with realtime sales data, and the Editor-assigned prices are usually really optimized.

Hello Keith,

Ok since it is fast I jump in :)
I have a problem when changing the price of the pictures (different than the one last time).
Now when I change the price of one pic, it does not allow me to change the price of another from the same batch, any ideas about that ?

Cheers
L

zymmetricaldotcom

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 19:29 »
If you find an honest mistake in our review process, it's encouraged to contact us with the details, as mentioned here somewhere before, 'we are only human'.   Otherwise, we can only encourage patience in the sales results for our Editorial decisions. We are lean, and yes, increasingly picky with our choices as we have found that quality, sells. This statement does not in any way on your specific batch of approvals/rejects or imply that 46% of your recent output is not marketable, just that we are listening and open to your ideas as to why that percentage was not put through.     

This is part of why we go way, way strong on the Rejection reasons- we are not a file factory processing endless photos but a real set of creative people with ideas. Us just entering 'Reject' is not enough, so please do get back to us about specific rejects, best in our forum at www.zymmetrical.com/info/forum/
, through a support ticket, carrier pigeon, etc.   We can work with you (to a reasonable limit) regarding rejects, it's in all our best interests to do so.

Wow.

Seem that standars have rised.
First batch some months ago 10% rejected
Last bach, yesterday, 54% rejected

Not sure if it worths uploading...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 19:42 by zymmetricaldotcom »