MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Which sites allow separate jpeg and vector uploads?  (Read 5414 times)

Microbius

« on: June 02, 2008, 03:38 »
Anyone know which sites allow separate jpeg and vector uploads of the same illustration?
I know SS does, anyone know of any others?

zymmetricaldotcom

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 03:59 »
We allow JPG-only graphics, or, JPG + EPS.        Vectors prices are +40% relative to the price you set for their JPG version.

http://www.zymmetrical.com/art/graphics/graphicsshapesobjectspeople/fileid/zygfxobj00220/

Microbius

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 04:26 »
Thanks Keith, to be honest I'm not on your site yet. After your post I did a quick search on this Forum for stuff about you guys. I'll certainly consider you in future.

Any other sites allow duel uploading?

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 06:24 »
there is a little overview of what the sites require / want on this page if that helps at all
http://www.microstockgroup.com/knowledgebase/doku.php?id=vector

Microbius

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 06:35 »
Thanks v. much, but I think I haven't framed my question very well.
I know which sites will take vectors and the formats they want the vector sent in. What I was wondering was which sites allowed separate jpg and eps/ svg files of the same illustration to be uploaded and listed seperatley. So like on SS where you get the same illustration in a portfolio twice, once as a raster and once as a vector.

I know IS don't allow it, because the buyer gets a jpeg with their vector download anyway, but I was wondering which other sites do.

jsnover

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 10:39 »
DT, FT , BigStock and StockXpert all allow both JPEG and a vector format (for FT it's SVG not EPS-8) but it's for the same image - i.e. you see the various JPEG sizes and then the vector format for extra money. You'd want to look at the prices though, as I don't think any of them value a complex vector highly enough. FT, for example, I think is 7 credits for the vector format. That's OK for something simple, but way too low for an elaborate vector.

helix7

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 10:47 »

Why do you say "allow it"? I would phrase this more like "Which sites force you to upload twice?". I don't see it as a benefit, and it's more of a hindrance to me, and also to reviewers. I need to upload three files for each image, and reviewers need to check them all. Big waste of time if you ask me, and it doesn't serve the buyers well either.

I also don't see much financial gain in it. My vectors outsell the corresponding JPGs on SS by a margin of around 8 to 1. And I doubt that is really a gained download in the JPG category, but rather just a buyer who preferred to get a JPG instead of a vector format. They should have this same option all on one screen.