MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: stock footage sites  (Read 13225 times)

« on: June 28, 2009, 16:52 »
couldnt find anther recent general discussion of MS footage sites....

what sites do you submit to?

which sites produce the best sales?

after a month, here's my stock footage site update [no sales yet, so my comments are basedon ease of submission and review policy]

active:
pond 5 - accepts almost anything http://preview.tinyurl.com/rb6sc4

SS - not as selectiVe as the image side! most picky about camera shake

revostock - toughest so far, but detailed comments [like LO] and simple re-submit process

motionclips - more stringent than SS

others:
interclips -- only takes PAL, so an extra step, so far no review after 3 wks, and no replies to emais

stockx - anther hassle in getting permission to upl

istock - havent gone thru initiation yet - seems ike a lot of extra wrk in re-szing, multiple submits, etc
----------------

steve

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 17:06 »
Your Pond5 link isn't working.

Sales are differing depending on what you are supplying.

SS, Pond5 and IS will probably pay off the best.

Also Fotolia started footage. I had some sales.

Unless you have really a specialty I would stick with the ones you are already submitting to. I don't know of any major player that you can still submit to (unless you want to try it at Artbeats etc.).

Good luck!

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 12:07 »
Pond5, RevoStock, ShutterStock, iStock, and CanStock are my primary agencies.

I got frustrated with StockXpert and deleted my video portfolio there.  I hadn't sold anything in over a year even with wasting time submitting new stuff.  When Fotolia pulled their HD subscription crap, I deleted my portfolio there as well but a few friends have told me it's worth downsizing to SD and submitting so I may do that.

Right now I'm just trying to balance my portfolio across the agencies I currently support (over 800 clips online at Pond5 but less than 200 each on the other sites) and get about 300 new clips online from my recent California trip.

Personally, I have discovered that balance is the key.  Pond5 sales have been phenomenal for me last year, but so far this month they are dismal.  RevoStock also tanked last month and has continued to be a disappointment this month.  ShutterStock and iStock have both done a great job in picking up the slack, but they performed poorly in previous months.  So a down month at one site could be an up month at another.

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 20:32 »
I\'m only on Pond5, IS and SS. I was at Fotolia but I\'ve deleted all videos after introduction of 3,5$ commission for HD videos. Pond is from far the best for me, then IS and SS.

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 05:03 »
I am still working to make my portfolios even at SS,Pond5, Revostock, AlwaysHD,Istock and Clipcanvas.
Sold 2 clips so far at Clipcanvas, lot of views at Istock but no sales and very slow review there!!

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 15:44 »
I am not into video (except for my lovebirds :D ), but here is a site I saw the other day: http://www.clipcanvas.com/index

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 06:24 »
I am not into video (except for my lovebirds :D ), but here is a site I saw the other day: http://www.clipcanvas.com/index

Yeah, ClipCanvas has a lot of nice features and is VERY easy to submit, so I've added it to my rotation.  What I especially like is they are a European site targeted at the EU market.  A market I think is underserved by the major sites.  I haven't sold anything yet, but I'm hopeful and wishing them well.

tbmpvideo

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 22:23 »
I think you are on the ball on POND5, REVOSTOCK and iStockphoto. Although I don't know from direct experience, I would predict you'll have little return for your submissions at Motionclips, Interclips and Stockx. You can read about my experiences in submitting my portfolio for the last couple of years to the the major sites and my recommendations http://www.stockvideoseller.com/public_html/where-to-sell/.

I found the market is pretty divided up among 4 - 5 major players, servicing different markets. My main income earners are in this order, Pond5, Istock, Shutterstock, Revostock with some occassional sales at Fotolia and Clipcanvas. Clipcanvas seems to be perking up lately with some major revisions to it's user interface. Some others I have have had no sales at despite the efffort (your can see my lists). AlwaysHD a major headache and time waster.

active:

revostock - toughest so far, but detailed comments [like LO] and simple re-submit process

others:
interclips -- only takes PAL, so an extra step, so far no review after 3 wks, and no replies to emais

istock - havent gone thru initiation yet - seems ike a lot of extra wrk in re-szing, multiple submits, etc

RacePhoto

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 10:58 »
Still don't get the tiny url link that goes to some "Clearspring Technologies" site, nothing to do with the topic?

Why do tbmpvideo 2011 and Cascoly 2009 have the identical message, not a quote... Identical down to the mistaken tiny url link?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 00:16 by RacePhoto »

rinderart

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 13:06 »
I think you are on the ball on POND5, REVOSTOCK and iStockphoto. Although I don't know from direct experience, I would predict you'll have little return for your submissions at Motionclips, Interclips and Stockx. You can read about my experiences in submitting my portfolio for the last couple of years to the the major sites and my recommendations http://www.stockvideoseller.com/public_html/where-to-sell/.

I found the market is pretty divided up among 4 - 5 major players, servicing different markets. My main income earners are in this order, Pond5, Istock, Shutterstock, Revostock with some occassional sales at Fotolia and Clipcanvas. Clipcanvas seems to be perking up lately with some major revisions to it's user interface. Some others I have have had no sales at despite the efffort (your can see my lists). AlwaysHD a major headache and time waster.

active:

others:

+1

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 08:25 »
For a list of up to date places to sell Footage / Media  http://www.stockproducer.com/selling-resources/where-to-sell.html [nofollow]

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 12:51 »
noticed 123rf isnt on the list -- i submitted a number of clips when they first started accepting, but to date, nada -- has anyone reported sales here?

also, motionclips is defunct, according to an email i rec'd from them

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2012, 21:38 »
Cheers Cascoly will add 123rf to the list ... Haven't got motion Clips on there but do have Motion Elements .. Slow Seller but .. Occasional .. Appreciate any input you can give to the Site

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2012, 23:47 »
I have few footage. So i am planning to give them a try in stock sites. I have submitted few clips to pond5 but it has been 2 weeks and still pending. How do you guys keep patience for so long review period for footage ? Which site has short review period ?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 23:53 by gemmy12 »

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2012, 00:43 »
Review times at Pond5 have blown out a lot lately, but you can either sit and wait for your clips to be reviewed. Or you can spend that time shooting and uploading more. The latter is usually a lot more effective.

Shutterstock seems to have the quickest review times for footage lately. Revostock is also usually within a few days.

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 01:36 »
yes ruchos. I do the later option you mentioned. As i am mainly into photography and starting video so waiting period for footage seems to be too long. Is pond5 still best earner for most (re footage) ?

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2012, 02:13 »
Pond5 is still right up there. Most people I talk to it is either Pond5 or Shutterstock that is currently their best earner for footage.

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2012, 04:23 »
Pond5 is still right up there. Most people I talk to it is either Pond5 or Shutterstock that is currently their best earner for footage.
Good to hear that.