MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: deletion, editing-options of your accepted images  (Read 3796 times)

tan510jomast

« on: July 06, 2008, 10:05 »
A site with the options
to delete, edit, replace,... your portfolio image at your discretion.

Is this, in your opinion, something you look for before submitting ,
and becoming a contributor. Or even, becoming an exclusive with them,
eventually.

vonkara

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 14:12 »
Hi,

No because then you will maybe not consider DT because of their 6 month before deletion. At the same time you can disable your files, but it depend on what or how you want to delete you files in the future.

If you want to go exclusive whit IS then going first whit DT will become a mess in a way. I never used the StockXpert replace your file feature and don't know if it's still available today. But it can be useful when you think an image was not post prcessed at it's full potential.

I think it's all depend on if you want to go exclusive. If not, then it's not a problem in my point of view

tan510jomast

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 18:16 »
No because then you will maybe not consider DT because of their 6 month before deletion. At the same time you can disable your files, but it depend on what or how you want to delete you files in the future.
If you want to go exclusive whit IS then going first whit DT will become a mess in a way....
Hey Vonkara, good to see you. About DT disable. Is this not as good as delete?
Or is this still a problem if you should decide on going exclusive, say sometime in the future?

vonkara

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 18:59 »
That's quite a good question I asked me many times, when people was saying about the 6 month at DT, when going excusive. Maybe you can disable X % of your portfolio at one time. Or disambling a portfolio is not considered as beeing exclusive whit IS while you still have an account. Then I'm lost ???

Really I don't know how it's exactly it goes whit DT

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 19:13 »
I believe you can still keep your account on dreamstime as long as all your images are disabled. Selling RF anywhere while exclusive at istock is what is forbidden. Also, disabling 30% of your newest images uploaded in the last 6 months, will shorten the wait.

However, it is not necessary to disable 30% right away if you still have a 6 month wait. Just stop uploading, figure out 30% of your newest files uploaded in the last 6 months. Then count backwards and you should be able to find the date when you can disable the rest of your port. Am I making any sense?, sounds a little confusing, but there is some truth in what I'm saying  :)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 19:15 by cdwheatley »

tan510jomast

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 19:20 »
hey there cdwheatley, yes, you're making lots of sense.
then after the 6 months, will there be a delete link or does the contributor
need to inform dreamstime?
don't get me wrong, i am not planning on going exclusive with anyone just
yet? esp. for IS, i have a long way to go before i even qualify for IS exclusive  ;D
but it's good to know if some rules are going to complicate things in
the future.
cheers again to you and vonkara for taking your time to come here.

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 19:30 »
I would just leave the account open, that way you can protect your username just in case.

Also, agree waiting is the right way to go. If your earnings are over 50-60% on the same site month after month after month, then maybe being exclusive makes sense. Seems to be different for everyone.

tan510jomast

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 20:44 »
I would just leave the account open, that way you can protect your username just in case.

Also, agree waiting is the right way to go. If your earnings are over 50-60% on the same site month after month after month, then maybe being exclusive makes sense. Seems to be different for everyone.

50%-60% , well, let's hope for something like that from a certain site.
that would be a good indication for reciprocating the site's interest
in you, or that your images are working best with them.
cheers!