MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Sales at CutCaster  (Read 65349 times)

« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2009, 09:24 »
@azurelaroux  are the clipfolders still missing?  i never saw anything about in our error logs or heard anything.  do you want to let me know?

I posted a link to one of the folders in a request thread on the CC forums. The next day all the folder were gone. The original post was made on Dec 9th. http://www.cutcaster.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=126"Travel Images for Guidebooks". I've mentioned it before in a thread but I can't remember where.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 09:33 by azurelaroux »

helix7

« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2009, 10:02 »
Have you had vectors on the site for long?

A few months now.

« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2009, 12:53 »
Have you had vectors on the site for long?

A few months now.
That's not good, with a portfolio as good as yours I would have hoped you'd of at least had a couple.

« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2009, 16:09 »
@azurelaroux  i remember and now see that you did post in the forums and i redponsded.  the only thiing i can think of why a clipfolder would be deleted is if it only had one image or less in it.  we did a big cleanup of neglected clipfolders and anyone that only had an image or less got thrown out.  maybe that was the reason.  in any case, you can always email me if you have problems so please let me know in the future.  thanks.

There were at least  10 images in each folder.

« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2009, 14:25 »
I just had my first sale on CutCaster :)

« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2009, 14:44 »
I just had my first sale on CutCaster :)

Great news, well done. Would you mind sharing the important details?

« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2009, 14:53 »
Thank you! Not at all. The price was set automatically to be at $6.44. My part was $2.58.

This is the image:
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 15:01 by goldenangel »

« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2009, 01:32 »
Well, I just spent 15 minutes writing the most beautiful ( ;D) reply on this topic. I accidentally hit a button somewhere on the screen and went into never-never-land. And it was really good! Can't remember it all now, so this will be a shortened version.

I joined CC at the very beginning. Was very excited about being on the ground floor. John is absolutely incredible. He's the nicest guy in the world to work with. And he ALWAYS responded almost immediately to any emails with more courtesy, consideration, and professionalism than you'll find with any of the other sites.

My complaint is not with John, though. My problem has been very, VERY low to no views. I have had one $5 sale since the very beginning. I've talked about this with John many times, and he's always trying to find ways to get the images seen more. But it just hasn't worked for me. I finally stopped uploading. No matter how easy the process is, it just doesn't make sense to spend the time uploading to a site where your images never get viewed.

I told John I'd give it a year, and I'm almost there now. I know I won't close my account, but will probably just leave them there "just in case". Maybe from time to time an image of mine will find its way to someone who likes it enough to purchase. And maybe one day those sales will add up to a payout for me.

In the meantime, I am very happy for all of you who ARE having success with CC. John has worked his butt off getting this company going, and I hope that it is very successful for him. Better yet, I'd love to see things turn around so much that others like me will regain some confidence in CC and start uploading again. Good luck, John!

« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2009, 03:06 »
I had 2 sales last year but nothing this year.  I have carried on uploading but I will have to stop until I see some sales.  Hopefully John can get sales going but it looks like an extremely difficult task, lots of new sites are struggling to produce any significant sales.

« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2009, 05:31 »
I also have had no sales at CC BUT! I have only been at it a month with John and have a port of some 600 images, when I first started, John sent me an email welcoming me and asking a bit about myself, I was floored by this as stocks just don't take the time to do that, he has communicated again with me and once again it was chatty and genuine conversation.

John does have a very large hill to climb, his task will be easier if he has an inventory of good quality images, so I for one will continue to upload to him after all the system of upload is not a lot of work especially if you keyword off site.

This is one stock agency I would like to see fly, not just because I have images there but I believe his model is equitable for contributors and buyers alike.

I think some of my older images are now seeing about 3 views which does not make me believe I will get sales any time soon, but who knows you have to be in it to win it.

Well done John

David
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 05:34 by djmorgan »

« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2009, 05:33 »
Ooops delete this please
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 05:35 by djmorgan »

« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2009, 08:26 »
I have no sale on CC with my cca 400 images, BUT I will continue to upload because stock market system of trade (bid,ask) is future for microstock...

gbcimages

« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2009, 08:35 »
very few views and no sales. I've got less then three months and I'll have a year with them. I'll close my account and delete my images then.

WarrenPrice

« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2009, 10:49 »
I've had several sales at CC.  I think I got lucky and found a Niche.  All my sales have been motocross racing and mostly vintage.  They are editorial. 

I did help John.  I've referred several of my buyers to him.  That has included buyers for book publishers and magazine editors.  I sometimes wonder if that was foolish.  I could have kept everything.  BUT... if John catches on with these buyers, we all profit in the end.  John can sell our images for more than we get across the general microstock industry.  At least, mine sold for more than microstock.

PS:  I have CutCaster sales pending for next week.

JerryL5

• Blessed by God's wonderful love.
« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2009, 12:03 »
I've had several sales at CC.  I think I got lucky and found a Niche.  All my sales have been motocross racing and mostly vintage.  They are editorial. 

I did help John.  I've referred several of my buyers to him.  That has included buyers for book publishers and magazine editors.  I sometimes wonder if that was foolish.  I could have kept everything.  BUT... if John catches on with these buyers, we all profit in the end.  John can sell our images for more than we get across the general microstock industry.  At least, mine sold for more than microstock.

PS:  I have CutCaster sales pending for next week.

Does pending mean there are bids, if I may ask?

WarrenPrice

« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2009, 13:34 »
No bids, Jerry.  The subject and editor are meeting on April 7 to select "which" images to use.

« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2009, 14:27 »
One day, we will put our images on Cutcaster exclusively for some period (few months) ,then after we get good price for premiere we will continue upload same images to other sites...

JerryL5

• Blessed by God's wonderful love.
« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2009, 14:32 »
No bids, Jerry.  The subject and editor are meeting on April 7 to select "which" images to use.

Thanks for the reply, Warren. Wish you the best.

« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2009, 18:55 »
I cant find views.  where is it ?
Or isnt zero showing?

WarrenPrice

« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2009, 18:58 »
Select "My Studio" then click on the "Downloads" tab.  Your views and downloads will be listed under each image.

« Reply #97 on: April 01, 2009, 19:03 »
Select "My Studio" then click on the "Downloads" tab.  Your views and downloads will be listed under each image.

Ah... Thanks!

No views in the middle of portfolio. Seems they attack from the front or the back :D

Xalanx

« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2009, 15:23 »
I have to say, I am quite impressed. I sent 20 photos few days ago, the same photos I sent to Zymmetrical, all of them approved on both sites. However, in just a matter of days, I got first sale at Cutcaster, this one. Very nice! I'm off to upload some more content now.

« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2009, 23:40 »
John, one question:
This month I finally had one sale  (at least according to received email)
I was trying today, and could not find any hint on the site how to get to my earnings. Is there any way that I do not see ?