MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: 8 of 10 and I am in!  (Read 4472 times)

« on: July 16, 2008, 03:14 »
Since I had 3 rejected initial batches before and I am going for a three-week holiday tomorrow anyway, I decided to submit my 4th attempt yesterday, so that when it got rejected I would be back from holiday and almost ready to submit the next attempt. :) To my surprise this batch got accepted with 8 images! I would even say 9, as one rejection was for focus on a flat scanned texture. :) Anyway, my protfolio at SS will have to contain 8 files until the end of my holiday, but having such a major acceptence is a very nice thing to take with you on a holiday. :)

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 03:20 »
Congrats Nemo!

I like the casual approach - was similiar to mine - If rejected so what, there's always another time!
When I had a go, I just gathered up quickly what I thought was my best and just fired it in!

Anyway, Great news for you and a real boost.

Enjoy your holiday! ( on a high)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 03:28 by takestock »

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 04:21 »
I hated the fact I had to wait a month after each rejection but it's a brilliant feeling once accepted isn't it? Plus, the amount of sales makes it all worthwhile. Congratulations Nemo, I'm sure you'll find a healthy amount of downloads when you get back from your holidays. Oh and by the way, don't forget your camera when you pack!

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 07:44 »
Congratulations Nemo! Have a fun vacation!

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 11:21 »
Thanks, I will! I actually couldn't resist and did a last minute upload of about 50 files. We'll see how they fare... :)

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 11:23 »
Thanks, I will! I actually couldn't resist and did a last minute upload of about 50 files. We'll see how they fare... :)
Don't blame you.
That should get your earnings balance off to a flyer!

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 11:24 »

they will do excellent. almost if not all will be approved. mark my words.

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 02:47 »
...Three weeks later...

The holiday is over and I have returned from 32C on Mallorca to 10C in Oslo. :(

Checking my stats, all sites sold some images, even Yay with 1 sale. Shutterstock did amaze me - with only 28 files in my portfolio I have now had 29 sales!! I am less impressed with .25c / image, which brought me less than a couple of sales at iStock during the same period of time.

I am off uploading the rest of my portfolio to Shutterstock. Is it better to upload all files in one go or send smaller batches over a longer period of time, seeing as people say that SS preferebces new images?

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 03:33 »
Smaller batches definitely!  If you send a batch of 200 and the reviewer is having a bad day, your in trouble :-\

Congrats! by the way

Sponsors

Mega Bundle of 5,900+ Professional Lightroom Presets

Microstock Poll Results

Sponsors