pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Poll

Will you participate in SXP's cross branding/affiliate programs?

Definitely
Yes, on a trial basis
No, on a trial basis
No (unless terms are changed)
Definitely not

Author Topic: POLL: StockXpert Opt-in  (Read 6372 times)

« on: August 12, 2008, 09:11 »
I would like to invite StockXpert contributors to vote in the poll at the top.   Our last poll had 100 voters, but the questions are no longer valid now that StockXpert has changed its position to allow us to opt out of third party sales. 

This poll is anonymous unless you post comments below.

For more information on the changes in question, you can review this post http://www.microstockgroup.com/index.php/topic,5258.0.html or this post at StockXpert http://www.stockxpert.com/forum.phtml?f=showtopic&n=15291

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 09:23 »
i think it is hard to answer because we no NOTHING about the affiliate branding yet.. or there is no affiliates so how can we say one way or the other....

or are you meaning photos.com and JI unlimited.

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 10:00 »
I plan to opt in (I think) only to try and boost my sales to my first payout.  Once I reach that, StockXpert is off my list and I will delete my portfolio.  I've been on it for nearly two years and have yet to reach a payout.  I just don't have the type of images they want/need. 

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 10:03 »
My questions are mainly about the immediate introduction of photos.com and the imposed deadline of August 15.  There has been a lot of emotion over this new proposal, and a lot of public threats made ("I'm gonna leave, pull my best sellers, go exlusive elsewhere").  It seems to me to be a good compromise on StockXpert's behalf, but so many are angry about the licensing terms that if they all opt-out it may totally destroy StockXpert's subs program that they have developed over the last year.

I have already made my desicion, I am not trying to sway voters.  But I would like to know how everyone is reacting to StockXpert's concessions.

Re, the 15th deadline:  from reviewing various forum posts, I think that some are under the impression that there is an "annual" opt-in/out.  See Steves quote below:  if you don't like the current program but something new is introduced in the future that may offset this one - you can opt-in.

#1 If you want your images included or exclude by the august 20 launch date, then please make your decision by August 15. You can opt-in or out at any time after that. The database is sync'ed once a week, so your images will be include or excluded during the week that you make your decision.

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 10:29 »
I don't understand the reasoning of choosing "Yes, on a trial basis". How will you determinate if this experiance was good or not. And when ?
If you sell nothing at Photos.com is it good ?
If you sell a lot 0.30 subscriptions at Photos and your average earnings go down at others sites, what will you do ?
If you see your images at Ebay ? Good or not ?....

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 11:14 »
A trial would be by individual definition.  It doesn't mean "I'll opt-in and never think about it again", it means "I'll opt in but I won't be passive in my evaluation".

- I think that StockXpert contributors are pretty loyal and want to help them grow and for the time will give them the benefit of trust but are uncertain or overwhelmed by the attention this subject has received.
- Perhaps they feel they have been rewarded by the subs program at StockXpert, but are hesitant about the photos.com subs program yet they do not want to opt out of the StockXpert subs program
- Perhaps they are uncertain, but can't stand the immediate thought of lost income
- Perhaps they have read too much in these forums and want to try it out for themselves.

One quote I've read on StockXpert forum that is sticking with me was something like this:  "I'm going to buy all the Ron Chapple photos and open myself a Ron Chapple Store on e-bay and keep all the profits for myself."  Sorry to single out Iofoto, but that is what someone else posted on StockXpert.   I am thinking that if I found a store with my products that were purchased legally on photos.com I would opt-out pretty fast. 

Many reasons.  And many reasons to opt-out on trial basis as well.  This is just the beginning.  The next partnership may be fabulous.  Or the terms of this photos.com agreement may change.  Who knows.

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 12:37 »
On the current proposition (Photos.com), I am surely out, as well as I had already opted-out from subs in StockXpert before that, and I would in other sites if I could.

Any changes in Photos.com proposition that still requires me to accept subs, I would probably refuse it too. For instance, the exclusion of EL terms in the subs would not change my position.

About future propositions, of course I can't give an opinion right now, but anything that pushes us to subs is already a problem to me.

Regards,
Adelaide
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 12:39 by madelaide »

ironarrow

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 13:14 »
On the current proposition (Photos.com), I am surely out, as well as I had already opted-out from subs in StockXpert before that, and I would in other sites if I could.

Any changes in Photos.com proposition that still requires me to accept subs, I would probably refuse it too. For instance, the exclusion of EL terms in the subs would not change my position.

About future propositions, of course I can't give an opinion right now, but anything that pushes us to subs is already a problem to me.

Regards,
Adelaide

Subs is a big problem.. But even bigger problem is that photos.com gives them away for free..

1-YEAR Subscription U.S. $449.95  WHAT!!!! Did someone say $449.95???!!!!! This is so much cheaper than any sub deal in this bloody industry..

Again: 1-YEAR Subscription U.S. $449.95 What?!!! No, this can't be true.. Someone give me a gun.. There is robbery and the police is watching..

Who are we?!! Charity workers??!!

Hello StockXpert!!! StockXpert!! Are you there???!!!

Who cares about EL's?.. This is much worse: 1-YEAR Subscription U.S. $449.95

Oh my god!! This can't be true.. Please tell me it's not true.. It 's like $0.0001c  per image..

Everybody read this: 1-YEAR Subscription U.S. $449.95

Go and compare it with other sites.. Can't you see what they are doing to "US"

Can't you see that in the near future this might mean SS lowering sub commissions rightfully..

Anyone who opts-in deserves to be treated like a piece of crap..

lisafx

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 14:00 »
I cast my vote in the "out unless things change" column.  If the EULA on Photos.com was brought into alignment with the terms of those at the other micros and if an EL option was put in place for extended uses, then I would consider opting in. 

At this point I am willing to consider this dustup a mistake on JI's part, but one more like this and I will most likely have to pull out of StockXpert altogether.

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 14:24 »

Regards,
Adelaide

Subs is a big problem.. But even bigger problem is that photos.com gives them away for free..

1-YEAR Subscription U.S. $449.95  WHAT!!!! Did someone say $449.95???!!!!! This is so much cheaper than any sub deal in this bloody industry..

Again: 1-YEAR Subscription U.S. $449.95 What?!!! No, this can't be true.. Someone give me a gun.. There is robbery and the police is watching..

Who are we?!! Charity workers??!!

Hello StockXpert!!! StockXpert!! Are you there???!!!

Who cares about EL's?.. This is much worse: 1-YEAR Subscription U.S. $449.95

Oh my god!! This can't be true.. Please tell me it's not true.. It 's like $0.0001c  per image..

Everybody read this: 1-YEAR Subscription U.S. $449.95

Go and compare it with other sites.. Can't you see what they are doing to "US"

Can't you see that in the near future this might mean SS lowering sub commissions rightfully..

Anyone who opts-in deserves to be treated like a piece of crap..

450$ a year is for regular photos.com annual sub. It is for their own photos, not for the StockXpert photos. The subscription details and prices are not out yet for the Photos.com Plus (or whatever the exact name will be) but it will cost more for sure if they don't want to go bankrupt. So, to answer your yth line: it's not true ;)

I will wait to see the final deal before deciding if I opt-in. We'll see this in about a week I guess.

Strangely, I'm having a very good month at StockXpert. Only the 12th and I'm almost on a BME.

ironarrow

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 15:56 »

I will wait to see the final deal before deciding if I opt-in. We'll see this in about a week I guess.

Strangely, I'm having a very good month at StockXpert. Only the 12th and I'm almost on a BME.

Yes, let's see the final deal..

And you are probably having a BME due to hundreds of contributors opting-out and the subscribers have to buy from you ;)

In any case, enjoy it.. I would not opt-in, unless the situation dramatically improves..

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 16:33 »
And you are probably having a BME due to hundreds of contributors opting-out and the subscribers have to buy from you ;)

Yes, I think eveyone should leave StockXpert and so I would get those buyers.  I'm also having a good month there.  Maybe not a BME, but possibly even better than last months, and that's without subs.

Regards,
Adelaide

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 16:34 »
Before making a definite decision I will also need to know if they're going to put any kind of ridiculous time limitation (like Albumo) on leaving your images on either StockXpert or Photos.com.  I'll never agree to that kind of nonsense again.  :D

ironarrow

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2008, 16:44 »

Yes, I think eveyone should leave StockXpert and so I would get those buyers.  I'm also having a good month there.  Maybe not a BME, but possibly even better than last months, and that's without subs.

Regards,
Adelaide

Well, I know I am still gonna have a payout.. But no BME.. My BME was over $200 so it won't happen..

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2008, 18:51 »
Before making a definite decision I will also need to know if they're going to put any kind of ridiculous time limitation (like Albumo) on leaving your images on either StockXpert or Photos.com.  I'll never agree to that kind of nonsense again.  :D

Having a timeline does make sense for the buyer. One day they have images which they showcase to their clients for a certain price then the next that same image is only available as a PPD for twice that price does not make sense as a business stand of view.

The EULA on Photos.com plus will be basically be the same as the one on StockXpert. If you were signed up for subs on StockXpert before the move to Photos.com, why would you sign out if the conditions are the same?

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2008, 18:59 »
Well, let's wait and see. It would be pity to dump StockXpert, it is a good site.

ironarrow

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 19:46 »
Before making a definite decision I will also need to know if they're going to put any kind of ridiculous time limitation (like Albumo) on leaving your images on either StockXpert or Photos.com.  I'll never agree to that kind of nonsense again.  :D

Having a timeline does make sense for the buyer. One day they have images which they showcase to their clients for a certain price then the next that same image is only available as a PPD for twice that price does not make sense as a business stand of view.

The EULA on Photos.com plus will be basically be the same as the one on StockXpert. If you were signed up for subs on StockXpert before the move to Photos.com, why would you sign out if the conditions are the same?

::) because the conditions aren't the same..

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2008, 01:39 »

the conditions on photos.com allow for extended license use included in the .30cent comission, where as on StockXpert they have to buy an seperate extended license (costing between $25-$100)

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2008, 04:31 »
i think this poll should me made from

StockXpert in their forum and not from us....

before they make any changes